Pages:
Author

Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive RockMiner R-Box Setup [HD] - page 8. (Read 59431 times)

Activity: 938
Merit: 502
No offense but this is a really useless "guide". All it says is to plug it in and run cgminer, with a bunch of unnecessary pictures.

Setting up a device with pre-programmed boards isn't exactly rocket science.  These guides (not the use of guide here, not manual) have all the relevant info you need...physical setup, links to software binaries, PSU suggestions.  It had mine up and running in 10 minutes.  Considering this was my first non-USB piece of hardware, I'd say it was pretty useful.
Activity: 140
Merit: 101
Well plugged in my second R-box today and works just fine the only thing I have found is that when using two on a single controller (tried Rpi, Win PC and Mac) they run at 34 Ghs rather than the 35 Ghs they will run at if run on a dedicated controller for each miner.

Have spent the last 2 days trying to get the first of my new RK-box miners setup , the hardware was only a pain in so far as the design makes it impossible not to twist/crush wires when running this thing. Got it running in a few minutes using a Corsair Tx850 PSU (had to jumper/plug the green + black wires in motherboard 24-pin cable to get it to show load and therefore run).
However, no matter what settings I have tried thus far this thing runs WAY below spec, tops out at 398 Ghs (and that is with a 30% over clock and pushing voltage by 0.2) at stock it runs at 280 Ghs and using just a bit of a frequency bump it runs pretty stable at 370 Ghs. But so far this thing is a MAJOR DISSAPOINTMENT was hoping to get 460 GHs or maybe even 480 Ghs out of it. The Rockminer web interface is a nice feature (at 192.168.1.254 local IP when you setup using the approved pi image with cgminer). And before you ask, yes I checked and all four blades are running (each at around 92 Ghs currently).

Another note, the fan on this thing sounds like a small jet engine running and is slightly louder than the average vacuum cleaner (as in LOUD) the company shows a db meter at 59 in their testing vid but mine reads 69 - 71 with this thing running (I think it is most annoying due to the small diameter but large depth of the fan used, it gives it a very high-pitched tone).

Still working on trying to find a setting / setup that will get this thing to run even close to promised specs. Have tried two dif Rpi's with 3 diff software miners so far, next up is moving it to a windows PC and attempting a manual config of main cgminer (instead of the company distributed fork).
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
Dogie thanks for ur guide... i receive my R-Box today and in 10 minutes was working (still is) without problems following ur guide. I will be checking around from time to time... Thanks again!  Grin

That's the point of it, from box to hashing Smiley Not being prepared or getting stuck can cost people days of mining.
Activity: 355
Merit: 250
Dogie thanks for ur guide... i receive my R-Box today and in 10 minutes was working (still is) without problems following ur guide. I will be checking around from time to time... Thanks again!  Grin
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
You're running these way past spec, and again the OCing does NOT work, do not attempt it. Its not as simple as a number.

@ dogie, so, i should use 270? this still produced HW errors... can you give me the specific speed or correct number for these R-Box?

thanks a lot

EDIT: i read your comment on the previous page to exclude even the 270 frequency in the batch file... at this point, the twins are running @ stock. i'll observe the HW error performance then i'll feedback later...

thanks...

Start at 200 and go up by 10 until you start getting hardware errors then go down by 5 until you receive no more hardware errors. Not all R-Box's are the same or in the same environment. I have 4 of them running at 32GH/s for a total around a 128. I also modded the back heat sink with one similar to the front with a fan on both ends. I have not tryed to over clock it much But mine run find at the 290 clock speed. Oh also power is a factor in getting hardware errors also. If your using a power pack to run it i recommend a min of 6amp for the speed your trying. As power packs tend to lose some amps as they warm up. If you need any further help let me no..... Huh
Activity: 151
Merit: 110
No offense but this is a really useless "guide". All it says is to plug it in and run cgminer, with a bunch of unnecessary pictures.

Funny...if you had banged your head about the Zadig driver, or frankly were so new to mining that you didn't even know what software to run with this thing, you wouldn't think it was very useless...

Certainly some miners require more steps than others (like say the old ASICMiner Cubes, needing stratum proxies and what-not) but it's valuable knowing there's a place you can go to get instructions for pretty much any miner out there.
legendary
dogiecoin.com

What exactly do you want? "Lift your hand up, put your fingers together and grasp the cable, move arm holding the cable towards the miner"....
Activity: 53
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Why I'm getting "no devicies found" warning in bfgminer 4.3.0?

Code:
bfgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://poolname:3333 -u user.worker-p x --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=100 -S \\.\com6

I have the CP210x_VCP drivers installed.

You don't need any of those additional strings in there, not sure where you're getting them from. You also don't need any drivers for BFG.

You're right, those strings aren't needed. Anyway, until I didn't map the usb port properly, bfgminer doesn't start.

Solution: adding string -S rockminer:\\.\com6
legendary
dogiecoin.com

Code:
bfgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://poolname:3333 -u user.worker-p x --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=100 -S \\.\com6

You don't need any of those additional strings in there, not sure where you're getting them from. You also don't need any drivers for BFG.
Activity: 238

Code:

legendary
Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032
Value will be measured in sats
Does anyone have a link to the custom raspberry pi image as all the links on the eyeboot youtube channel are dead.

Raspberry Pi for Rocket Box:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gjodhht8w1rgqjr/Rockminer_Rocket_V1.1.rar
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Anyone else using this rockminer web ui img for rpi?

It not very stable.  Keeps dropping off.  Anyone else seeing this?

I'm not seeing that, mine just stopped dead after almost 36 hours of mining with no problem. Now no mater what I do it will not  restart.

I switched to the Web UI after having problems with BFGMiner and units randomly getting sick and going dead. This happened on a Win 8 desktop and a Ras Pi.

What temp are they running at?

One is 36 the other 40.

I was going to try and update Minepeon with the new bfg miner and give that a shot but someone put a read only file in the rockminer img so I can't format... What gives?
Activity: 11
Does anyone have a link to the custom raspberry pi image as all the links on the eyeboot youtube channel are dead.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
The code blacklists frequencies above 290 and just ignores your settings, that's why. If you had been using my official version of cgminer and not the fork you would have been able to read that in the ASIC-README included with cgminer but there are as per usual no docs with forks.

Hi, will you release a build with this 290 cap removed or at least raised? With little over volt, the device looks like it could go at least 330, probably 350.
I've been stable for a few hours now overvolted around 0.8v with 290Mhz and 45Mh/s and I'd like to test a little higher.
I'm currently travelling overseas so unlikely to release anything till I get back, but it's a one line change to the code if you're compiling it for yourself

driver-icarus.c line 1499
Code:
			rmdev[dev_id].max_frq = 290;

Thanks, I never managed to compile, but I'll try it.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
The code blacklists frequencies above 290 and just ignores your settings, that's why. If you had been using my official version of cgminer and not the fork you would have been able to read that in the ASIC-README included with cgminer but there are as per usual no docs with forks.

Hi, will you release a build with this 290 cap removed or at least raised? With little over volt, the device looks like it could go at least 330, probably 350.
I've been stable for a few hours now overvolted around 0.8v with 290Mhz and 45Mh/s and I'd like to test a little higher.
I'm currently travelling overseas so unlikely to release anything till I get back, but it's a one line change to the code if you're compiling it for yourself

driver-icarus.c line 1499
Code:
			rmdev[dev_id].max_frq = 290;
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

I've been stable for a few hours now overvolted around 0.8v with 290Mhz and 35Mh/s and I'd like to test a little higher.
Activity: 938
Merit: 502
Anyone else using this rockminer web ui img for rpi?

It not very stable.  Keeps dropping off.  Anyone else seeing this?

I'm not seeing that, mine just stopped dead after almost 36 hours of mining with no problem. Now no mater what I do it will not  restart.

I switched to the Web UI after having problems with BFGMiner and units randomly getting sick and going dead. This happened on a Win 8 desktop and a Ras Pi.

What temp are they running at?
legendary
dogiecoin.com
I have 4 of these setup on a raspberry pi, but only 3 are mining.
What happens when you only use the one that isn't mining?
Activity: 177
I have 4 of these setup on a raspberry pi, but only 3 are mining.
Pages:
Jump to: