Pages:
Author

Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive RockMiner R-Box Setup [HD] - page 14. (Read 59436 times)

legendary
Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007
Question:

Is the setup the same for one or two Rockminers?

I can get 1 unit to work fine, however I cannot get 2 units to works together.  I've tried Powered Hubs and Direct on PC (Win 8.1 and XP).  Both have 12V 5A power, new usb cables.   I have to think it is in my config.  I'm using 'rbox_cgminer.rar' V4.3.3 downloaded from www.eyeboot.com.

{  cgminer.exe --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --anu-freq 290 -o stratum+tcp://us1.ghash.io:3333 -u name.work1 -p 12345 }

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I prefer bfgminer, however I cannot even get that to see my units.

-=Lon=-

If you are using cgminer, make sure both devices have the winusb driver installed.(You can double check in Zadig) If using bfgminer, make sure you completely uninstall winusb drivers for those devices in device manager. Then install the silicon labs drivers

I installed it on one of my units and it saw it on all 3 - surely its a system specific driver rather than a unit specific driver?

I should clarify, you'll only have to install the driver once if you have no other drivers associated with the device. Windows will automatically install the first device driver associated with a device when plugged in. For instance, if you installed silicon labs drivers for a cp210x device in the past, then install winusb with zadig for a single device, you are going to have to do the same with each new device you plug in, since the silabs driver is the default. The best bet is to completely uninstall silabs or Winusb drivers when switching between cgminer and bfgminer. Do this by going into device manager and right click on the device --> uninstall. Make sure to check the box labeled "Delete the driver software for this device" to remove the device association with that driver.
Activity: 177
Merit: 10
The link you gave the required  2.5mm 12V mains power adapter is actually a duplicate link the USB cable, FYI...
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
Question:

I can get 1 unit to work fine, however I cannot get 2 units to works together.  I've tried Powered Hubs and Direct on PC (Win 8.1 and XP).  Both have 12V 5A power, new usb cables.   I have to think it is in my config.  I'm using 'rbox_cgminer.rar' V4.3.3 downloaded from www.eyeboot.com.

{  cgminer.exe --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --anu-freq 290 -o stratum+tcp://us1.ghash.io:3333 -u name.work1 -p 12345 }

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I prefer bfgminer, however I cannot even get that to see my units.

-=Lon=-

If you are using cgminer, make sure both devices have the winusb driver installed.(You can double check in Zadig) If using bfgminer, make sure you completely uninstall winusb drivers for those devices in device manager. Then install the silicon labs drivers

I installed it on one of my units and it saw it on all 3 - surely its a system specific driver rather than a unit specific driver?
legendary
Question:

I can get 1 unit to work fine, however I cannot get 2 units to works together.  I've tried Powered Hubs and Direct on PC (Win 8.1 and XP).  Both have 12V 5A power, new usb cables.   I have to think it is in my config.  I'm using 'rbox_cgminer.rar' V4.3.3 downloaded from www.eyeboot.com.

{  cgminer.exe --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --anu-freq 290 -o stratum+tcp://us1.ghash.io:3333 -u name.work1 -p 12345 }

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I prefer bfgminer, however I cannot even get that to see my units.

-=Lon=-

Lon
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Question:

-=Lon=-

donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!
Bfgminer release now supports rbox:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7245884

I'll update when cg and bfg have finished their release versions, make it nice and fair.

Sure, in the mean time, those wishing to use bfgminer can use:

Code:
bfgminer -S rockminer:all --set rockminer:clock=270
or
Code:
bfgminer -S rockminer:all --set rockminer:clock=290

no need for ziagdag step anymore, just the proper manufacturer's driver.  and if you ever had those ASICMiner USB sticks running using bfgminer on your system (now or before), then you already have the driver anyway
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Bfgminer release now supports rbox:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7245884

I'll update when cg and bfg have finished their release versions, make it nice and fair.
donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!
Activity: 810
Merit: 1000
Great guide! Had my new r-box up and hashing in under 20 minutes....kudos to you good Sir
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Thoughts on that?
Zero at the moment.

That usually means a hardware/hub problem or lack of enough power problem with other Icarus devices.

yxt has shipped an R-Box to me.
After I get it, I'll add support to mainline cgminer.
The fact that is uses the Icarus driver could be part of the problem.
I'd expect it to use massive amounts of CPU ... without an Icarus redesign as a new separate driver for it.
The Icarus driver was designed for 500MH/s not 30+GH/s
legendary
Does anyone have a guide to getting the R-Box running off a Raspberry Pi? Cheers!
It will get messy due to the zavig requirement, will be possible though.
Um no.

Firstly, it's zadig, and secondly it's a windows program to switch USB devices to use the WinUSB driver - among other things.
(yeah I know because: I was the one who actually wrote the original USB driver code in cgminer and then worked out how to get it to work on windows ... after changing the code ... and using zadig)
That info is of course all in the cgminer README ... which many people don't bother to read.
"SETTING UP USB DEVICES"

The RPi - on the other hand - it is not a windows device ... and as the README says ...
"On linux, the direct USB support requires no drivers at all. However ..."

Read the rest to learn about it ...

Don't be so mean dude! Kano's absolutely right though, Zadig is only a requirement for Windows and is currently the best method of assigning winusb drivers. It averts the strict driver signing policies of WinVista and up by creating a cert and moving to trusted root on the fly. As soon as I get some free time I will add the same functionality to my cgminer installer and eliminate the need for Zadig.

Kano, what are your thoughts on the initialization errors reported by the user above and one in my thread?

Output with -D enabled

[2014-06-09 18:16:04] AMU 1: Share above target
 [2014-06-09 18:16:05] AMU 1: Share above target
 [2014-06-09 18:16:05] AMU1: libusb pipe error, trying to clear
 [2014-06-09 18:16:05] AMU 1 GetResults usb read err:(-9) LIBUSB_ERROR_PIPE
 [2014-06-09 18:16:05] AMU 1 attempted reset got err:(0) LIBUSB_SUCCESS
 [2014-06-09 18:16:05] AMU 1 GetResults usb read err:(-1) LIBUSB_ERROR_IO
 [2014-06-09 18:16:05] AMU1: Comms error (rerr=-1 amt=0)
 [2014-06-09 18:16:05] AMU 1 failure, disabling!
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Does anyone have a guide to getting the R-Box running off a Raspberry Pi? Cheers!
Um no.

Firstly, it's zadig, and secondly it's a windows program to switch USB devices to use the WinUSB driver - among other things.
(yeah I know because: I was the one who actually wrote the original USB driver code in cgminer and then worked out how to get it to work on windows ... after changing the code ... and using zadig)
That info is of course all in the cgminer README ... which many people don't bother to read.
"SETTING UP USB DEVICES"

The RPi - on the other hand - it is not a windows device ... and as the README says ...
"On linux, the direct USB support requires no drivers at all. However ..."

Read the rest to learn about it ...
legendary
Grabbed my win7 laptop.  Installed CrazyGuy's cgminer.  It shows up in device manager.  Uninstalled and reinstalled the winusb driver.  Rebooted pc.  Run cgminer and the device does not show up.

Plugged in the other "working" rbox and started cgminer.  It runs just as it should.

Sounds like RMA time. Check for any obvious physical damage, even though its unlikely you'll be able to fix this.

It went from the box to the top of my computer case and worked fine for a couple days, then shit the bed.

Thanks for your help as always, Dogie.

I wonder if it's an initialization timeout in cgminer. I saw something similar with my jalepeno in an early release of cgminer about a year ago. Might want to look for that error in the code and see what it's trying to do. I'll try to take a look tonight.
Activity: 816
Grabbed my win7 laptop.  Installed CrazyGuy's cgminer.  It shows up in device manager.  Uninstalled and reinstalled the winusb driver.  Rebooted pc.  Run cgminer and the device does not show up.

Plugged in the other "working" rbox and started cgminer.  It runs just as it should.

Sounds like RMA time. Check for any obvious physical damage, even though its unlikely you'll be able to fix this.

It went from the box to the top of my computer case and worked fine for a couple days, then shit the bed.

Thanks for your help as always, Dogie.
legendary
dogiecoin.com

I have 2 units plugged into my main windows 7 pc.  After a reboot, one rbox will no longer be recognized by cgminer.  The other one immediately flashes a blue light and starts hashing when cgminer starts. 

I've tried:

Swapping the power cables and usb cables
New usb cable
uninstalling the devices in device manager
reinstalling winusb drivers in zadig
different usb ports

The 2nd rbox won't show up in CrazyGuy's cgminer or the cgminer provided by rockminer.

If I unplug the usb cable from the non working unit, I get the following output:

Code:
  [2014-06-08 16:47:59] AMU 0 GetResults usb read err:(-1) LIBUSB_ERROR_IO
 [2014-06-08 16:47:59] AMU 0 attempted reset got err:(0) LIBUSB_SUCCESS
 [2014-06-08 16:47:59] AMU0: Comms error (rerr=-1 amt=0)
 [2014-06-08 16:47:59] FAIL: USB get_lock not found (1:2)
 [2014-06-08 16:47:59] FAIL: USB remove not already in use (1:2)

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dave

The next step would be trying to duplicate the same thing on another laptop or PC. There's too many software variables to work out what is going on there.

legendary
dogiecoin.com
I have 2 units plugged into my main windows 7 pc.  After a reboot, one rbox will no longer be recognized by cgminer.  The other one immediately flashes a blue light and starts hashing when cgminer starts. 

I've tried:

New usb cable
different usb ports

The 2nd rbox won't show up in CrazyGuy's cgminer or the cgminer provided by rockminer.

If I unplug the usb cable from the non working unit, I get the following output:

Code:

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dave

The next step would be trying to duplicate the same thing on another laptop or PC. There's too many software variables to work out what is going on there.
I have 2 units plugged into my main windows 7 pc.  After a reboot, one rbox will no longer be recognized by cgminer.  The other one immediately flashes a blue light and starts hashing when cgminer starts.  

I've tried:

New usb cable
different usb ports

Code:

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dave
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
Pages:
Jump to: