Pages:
Author

Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive RockMiner R-Box Setup [HD] - page 10. (Read 59431 times)

Activity: 75
Merit: 10
Yes, dont use anything. Let it do its own thing.

@ dogie,

very well noted... thanks...
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
You're running these way past spec, and again the OCing does NOT work, do not attempt it. Its not as simple as a number.

@ dogie, so, i should use 270? this still produced HW errors... can you give me the specific speed or correct number for these R-Box?

thanks a lot

EDIT: i read your comment on the previous page to exclude even the 270 frequency in the batch file... at this point, the twins are running @ stock. i'll observe the HW error performance then i'll feedback later...

thanks...

Yes, dont use anything. Let it do its own thing.
You're running these way past spec, and again the OCing does NOT work, do not attempt it. Its not as simple as a number.

@ dogie, so, i should use 270? this still produced HW errors... can you give me the specific speed or correct number for these R-Box?

thanks a lot

EDIT: i read your comment on the previous page to exclude even the 270 frequency in the batch file... at this point, the twins are running @ stock. i'll observe the HW error performance then i'll feedback later...

thanks...
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
I recommendation is not to use BFGminer at this point. Every single person who is having a problem - its with BFGMiner.
Been going for 4 hours so far and looking good.  Well see how it goes as time goes on.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
i noticed that the HW error is so high. is this normal for the R-Box or any ASIC based miner? even if i'll run the twins @ stock (270 MHz), the HW error rate is still high... or this is CGminer related? i also observed this in using my Antminer US2 but not when I will use BFGminer... the U2s are all running w/ 0 HW errors on BFGminer. tried the latest BFGminer (w/ R-Box) support last night and it is unstable... some times it will run but at a low hash rate... only 25 Gh/s and most of the time, the R-Box will not run...

i noticed that the HW error is so high. is this normal for the R-Box or any ASIC based miner? even if i'll run the twins @ stock (270 MHz), the HW error rate is still high... or this is CGminer related? i also observed this in using my Antminer US2 but not when I will use BFGminer... the U2s are all running w/ 0 HW errors on BFGminer. tried the latest BFGminer (w/ R-Box) support last night and it is unstable... some times it will run but at a low hash rate... only 25 Gh/s and most of the time, the R-Box will not run...

legendary
dogiecoin.com
I recommendation is not to use BFGminer at this point. Every single person who is having a problem - its with BFGMiner.
DIEMcoin,

Did you even get the drivers loaded? When I find it in my device list, it shows there is no driver and Win7 can't find one. Reading the threads here, it says not to use the zadig (sp?) driver so didn't want to try that one.
I'm on a raspberry pi using raspian.  I've never tried it on windows but I didn't install zadig.
My understanding is the drivers are in bfgminer but I could easily be wrong
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
DIEMcoin,

Did you even get the drivers loaded? When I find it in my device list, it shows there is no driver and Win7 can't find one. Reading the threads here, it says not to use the zadig (sp?) driver so didn't want to try that one.
I came back to find my R-BOX "DEAD" twice overnight. It looks like it just gave up in the middle of the night, twice.

Last night I was using bfgminer, now I am using CGMINER with the following:

I've been trying to get mine working with BFGMiner but can't seem to get it to recognize it. Any advice? I'd prefer to use that since it's already running my Cube through there rather than having two different miners running.
Having the same problem with bfgminer running on a RPi.  My U1s work fine but it wont find the r-box.  Tried plugging in just the r-box and same thing.  Anyone know whats going on?

Got it working!  Hashing away nicly at a little over 30Ghs.

./bfgminer -o *poolurl* -u *worker* -p *password* -S rockminer:all --set-device rockminer:clock=290
Activity: 28
I came back to find my R-BOX "DEAD" twice overnight. It looks like it just gave up in the middle of the night, twice.

Last night I was using bfgminer, now I am using CGMINER with the following:

I've been trying to get mine working with BFGMiner but can't seem to get it to recognize it. Any advice? I'd prefer to use that since it's already running my Cube through there rather than having two different miners running.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Sorry for another reply.

FYI i've managed to get it working.  No idea how.  Turn round, spit 3 times etc....

But i've got it running at 290freq, but hash rate is only 20GHS average.

I'm suspecting more and more this is a faulty unit, so i'm gonna follow up with the seller.

Thanks folks.

I've said it several times, do NOT use that string, it does not work correctly in the vast majority of cases. Don't even use 270, just exclude it entirely.
an update... the ID of the DC plug that I had purchased were all 2.1 mm (the R-Box has a 2.5 mm ID DC barrel plug)... what i did was to apply a little pressure during the plug's installation so that it will fit in... it just worked right...  Grin...

allow me to share the hash rate of the pair...

i will purchase a handful of these hashers in the coming days...
legendary
Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032
Value will be measured in sats
I've tried the standard CGMiner from Eyeboot website, and changed my options for what i thought was the latest CGMiner, to just run without any options (apart from pool info) and also with --rock-freq 270.  Still no joy.
I'm curious as to what makes people think that Eyeboot is a place to download the official cgminer?

This is the official cgminer thread:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/official-cgminer-mining-software-thread-for-linuxwinosxmipsarmr-pi-4110-28402

Only the download links listed in that thread are official. Most other downloads sites are either forks or trojans.

I just quoted EyeBoot, as thats the one the supplier of my RockMiner advised to use.

The CGMiner 4.4.0 i have also tried is from that forum thread/site (http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/)

I will update the page, at the time r-box support had not been incorporated into the official cgminer so i am hosting the old fork that was being used at the start.

Sorry for another reply.

FYI i've managed to get it working.  No idea how.  Turn round, spit 3 times etc....

I'm suspecting more and more this is a faulty unit, so i'm gonna follow up with the seller.

Thanks folks.

Try it with 270freq and see if you get better results. If it still doesn't work, then send it back to eyeboot for a complete refund or replacement
sent you a PM
Activity: 6
Sorry for another reply.

FYI i've managed to get it working.  No idea how.  Turn round, spit 3 times etc....

Thanks folks.
Just tried it on new "clean" computer following Dogies guide step-by-step.

And i noticed it started hasing!!!   (Detected as a "LIN" device in the list?)

Anyways, it was reaching upto 28-30GHs, so i stopped it, and added --rock-freq 290 into my bat file.

Restarted...nothing, just fails.

Once thing i noticed when it WAS working, was it's blue light was on.

Now, the blue light isn't on, but flashes on for a split second and in my console view it pops up "Icarus detect (3:21) failed to initialize (incorrect device?)  Then will keep doing that every....30secs maybe?

Screenshot attached.   Any ideas?

Thanks for your help so far guys, appreciate it.

http://imgur.com/oHuwVrd.jpg
I was under the impression they were 2.5mm, I could be wrong through as I never actually purchased any off the shelf.

thanks a lot dogie...
I've tried the standard CGMiner from Eyeboot website, and changed my options for what i thought was the latest CGMiner, to just run without any options (apart from pool info) and also with --rock-freq 270.  Still no joy.
I'm curious as to what makes people think that Eyeboot is a place to download the official cgminer?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/official-cgminer-mining-software-thread-for-linuxwinosxmipsarmr-pi-4110-28402

Only the download links listed in that thread are official. Most other downloads sites are either forks or trojans.

I just quoted EyeBoot, as thats the one the supplier of my RockMiner advised to use.

The CGMiner 4.4.0 i have also tried is from that forum thread/site (http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/)

-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
I've tried the standard CGMiner from Eyeboot website, and changed my options for what i thought was the latest CGMiner, to just run without any options (apart from pool info) and also with --rock-freq 270.  Still no joy.

legendary
dogiecoin.com
@ dogie & others,

Just got my PCIe 6 pin to DC barrel plug power line converter. I'm not sure if the seller shipped me the 2.1 or 2.5 mm ID. I could not test it into the unit since i'm here in the office. I double checked w/ the seller, he said that the power line converter was for Gridseed. He can't confirm if he has shipped the correct size for my need. I didn't gave him the instruction... my bad. Now, can you or others here confirm what the Gridseed's barrel plug's ID? Is it 2.1 or 2.5 mm?

If mine here is 2.1, ah, I have no choice but buy some power bricks and DIY the DC plugs myself for the R-Box' use... I still opted to use these power line converters for my extra ATX PSU.

Thanks...

I was under the impression they were 2.5mm, I could be wrong through as I never actually purchased any off the shelf.
Pages:
Jump to: