Pages:
Author

Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive RockMiner R-Box Setup [HD] - page 9. (Read 59431 times)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Anyone else using this rockminer web ui img for rpi?

It not very stable.  Keeps dropping off.  Anyone else seeing this?

I just started having this problem myself, now when it dies (a drop off point) instead of restarting it eventually stops and just hangs.  I'm assuming this has to do with one of my 6 miners being defective, so now the hunt to narrow it down begins.  I'm using a powered USB 2.0 RHB 520 10 port hub with MinePeon/R-Box's default image and while it ran fine initially, it now will not go more than 30 minutes.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
One last thing, has anyone , anywhere, actually been able to get the R-Box to run at 300 Mhz ? The only freqs I have found that work are 270 and 290, and I have tried every conceivable variation in the config files and even swapped out a couple of different drivers and pushed the voltage a bit. Nothing I tried had any effect on freq, the only change from default I have been able to get to work is the 290, anything else just drops to 270.
Code:
cgminer.exe --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --rmu-freq 290 -o stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333 -u YYYYY -p XXXXX 

using the rbox version of cgminer (I downloaded it from the Chinese site - a real pain, but it should be available on an English site by now).

ANYTHING else and I do mean just about anything at all, and the device will drop down to run at defaults.

The code blacklists frequencies above 290 and just ignores your settings, that's why. If you had been using my official version of cgminer and not the fork you would have been able to read that in the ASIC-README included with cgminer but there are as per usual no docs with forks.

yeah this is a funky device…

set it and forget on the fork build of cgminer at freq 270---- that was supplied on crazy guys thread

basically nothing else runs great so far.     don't tweak don't do anything .

and take 32.5gh at 37 watts with a plat psu , and pcie to dc jacks.

I run six pretty much nonstop perfection with a windows 7  pc. and the custom fork.

in fact  i am getting a little better  6x 32.5gh since I switched to bitsolo.net  

Activity: 44

I'm not seeing that, mine just stopped dead after almost 36 hours of mining with no problem. Now no mater what I do it will not  restart.

I switched to the Web UI after having problems with BFGMiner and units randomly getting sick and going dead. This happened on a Win 8 desktop and a Ras Pi.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500

-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
One last thing, has anyone , anywhere, actually been able to get the R-Box to run at 300 Mhz ? The only freqs I have found that work are 270 and 290, and I have tried every conceivable variation in the config files and even swapped out a couple of different drivers and pushed the voltage a bit. Nothing I tried had any effect on freq, the only change from default I have been able to get to work is the 290, anything else just drops to 270.
Code:
cgminer.exe --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --rmu-freq 290 -o stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333 -u YYYYY -p XXXXX 

using the rbox version of cgminer (I downloaded it from the Chinese site - a real pain, but it should be available on an English site by now).

ANYTHING else and I do mean just about anything at all, and the device will drop down to run at defaults.

The code blacklists frequencies above 290 and just ignores your settings, that's why. If you had been using my official version of cgminer and not the fork you would have been able to read that in the ASIC-README included with cgminer but there are as per usual no docs with forks.
Activity: 140
Merit: 101
Can't tell you how happy I am to hear that. Just spent nearly a week putting together all kinds of different configs/setups for my R-box and bought a couple of Pi's so that I wouldn't have to keep a comp running. As much as I like the R-Box (it really is a very cool little device) I just couldn't pass up the compelling specs of the new RK so instead of my initial plan to buy 6 more R-boxes I instead ordered a pair of RK's (waiting for delivery as we speak.  Grin
I really hope you are right and the webui will work the same for those.

Ok just went back and read a few posts from recent days. My R-Box has been running at 34.9 Gh/s for most of a week and I have yet to have a single HW error (other than when my video card crashed from over clocking a scrypt miner on the same comp).  I have my config file thus:

pause

Oh, and for some strange reason even this would not run at first, so for my first run I actually started cgminer and manually entered info for pool, use and pass (if you need to add a device the command in the version I am using is shift - M - +   or you can use command auto to have it look for devices) then I hit settings (S) and then (W) to write the config file, you could tweak and rename that file after you have a default setup working.
Hope this helps.
legendary
Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032
Value will be measured in sats
cool, yeah the webui rocks. Nice touch there from Rockminer  Wink

RK-box uses a similar thing.
Activity: 616

With BFGminer it goes dead after about 24 hours.   Cry

I'm doing this on a RPi. How do I install the Zadig part for cgminer or is it not needed?

Here is a how to setup guide for Raspberry Pi:

http://youtu.be/ea6qrQUqvAc

It includes the webUI for communicating with raspberry pi after it has been successfully setup. Hope this helps  Wink

Actually already found that and just got it loaded up.  WORKS GREAT!
Here's the link to the .img
https://www.dropbox.com/s/07axfgdbnw88tf9/RaspberryPi_Rockminer_RBoxV0.3.1.rar

Now if only I could get my U1s working with that webui software too.  Doesn't really matter I'm selling my U1s anyway and getting a second r-box  

EDIT:

After its been running for about an hour I'm getting a ton of hardware errors.  Is that something I should be worried about?

Calculating the HW Error % using Error % = HW / ( HW + DiffA + DiffR) * 100 gives just a bit below 3%.  Probably nothing to get too excited about.

Cheers
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
They'll be difficulty 1 so no.

With BFGminer it goes dead after about 24 hours.   Cry

I'm doing this on a RPi. How do I install the Zadig part for cgminer or is it not needed?

It includes the webUI for communicating with raspberry pi after it has been successfully setup. Hope this helps  Wink

Actually already found that and just got it loaded up.  WORKS GREAT!
Here's the link to the .img
https://www.dropbox.com/s/07axfgdbnw88tf9/RaspberryPi_Rockminer_RBoxV0.3.1.rar

Now if only I could get my U1s working with that webui software too.  Doesn't really matter I'm selling my U1s anyway and getting a second r-box  

EDIT:

After its been running for about an hour I'm getting a ton of hardware errors.  Is that something I should be worried about?

legendary
Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032
Value will be measured in sats

I think that is a great idea.

With BFGminer it goes dead after about 24 hours.   Cry

It includes the webUI for communicating with raspberry pi after it has been successfully setup. Hope this helps  Wink
legendary
dogiecoin.com

Not needed on pi

Activity: 75
Merit: 10
removed the clock string yesterday and it seems that the HW error is un-avoidable... anyhow, it is a great product at a great price...  Wink

Activity: 177

See the OP, its not there.

True, but it trickled in after a few more posts and was never specifically denounced until now, so I misunderstood and thought it should be included.

I've now got them taken off. My average clock rate is still running about 32, so it looks like there has been no change.

Has anyone been able to get these to operate at the advertised rate of up to 35 GHs? Mine are constantly pulling around 32 each...
legendary
dogiecoin.com

Yes, dont use anything. Let it do its own thing.

Wait, are you saying the 270 command shouldn't be on there either? I thought it had to be set as one or the other?

Take it off. See the OP, its not there.
Activity: 177

Yes, dont use anything. Let it do its own thing.

Wait, are you saying the 270 command shouldn't be on there either? I thought it had to be set as one or the other?

Activity: 28
I recommendation is not to use BFGminer at this point. Every single person who is having a problem - its with BFGMiner.
Been going for 4 hours so far and looking good.  Well see how it goes as time goes on.

Care to share what got it working? I still can't get the driver loaded let alone get BFG to see it. Shows up in my Devices as 'CP2102 USB to UART Bridge Controller' but drivers are unavailable. Should I go back to using the zadig? If so, which one? Any config suggestions? You are --scan rockminer:all right?

Thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: