Pages:
Author

Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive RockMiner R-Box Setup [HD] - page 5. (Read 59431 times)

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000
I still can't get this R-Miner too solo mine.

I am using Windows 7 64bit with cgminer 4.4.2.

I get the "waiting for work to be available from pools." It satys there for about 30-60 seconds then goes to a blck box with a blinking cursor.

I have this as my bat: cgminer.exe -o http://my computer ip with wallet:port -u user -p pass

I am trying to solo mine from a different computer to where the wallet is at.

Not trying to solo mine BTC just other Sha coins.
Activity: 179
Merit: 100
Hi all.
Just wanted to share my experience with the Rockminer R-Box on Raspberry pi.
I didn't realise there were any guides so I just sort of winged it, and I guess you can too.
I have 2 running at the moment on a powered USB hub at 290MHz and getting a combined of 71GHS
Raspberry Pi Model B

(sorry for poor formatting, this is just a quick explanation)
My steps:
Install Raspian from the Raspberry Pi website (in fact I used NOOBS to install it to a 32gb micro-SD with an SD card adapter)
SSH in from my windows box
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install libusb-1.0-0-dev libusb-1.0-0 libcurl4-openssl-dev libncurses5-dev libudev-dev (to get the dependencies)
sudo wget http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/cgminer-4.4.2.tar.bz2
sudo tar xvf cgminer-4.4.2.tar.bz2
(rename to cgminer) sudo mv cgminer-4.4.2 cgminer
cd cgminer
./configure --enable-icarus (let it churn and burn for like 15 minutes)
make

Now it's all working with CLI (no webserver or anything, cause I don't like it)

Now I just run it with

screen sudo ./cgminer -o blablah -u blah -p blah --rock-freq 290

The screen command just lets it run in the background even when you close the the SSH session.

I also just made a little shell script that runs on boot, reboot the pi and you're good to go.

Hope that helps anyone who's been struggling.

1GvWrJSLNafra26jDwpScY5bqYcQ6BDhPW --- Tips always gratefully accepted Cheesy
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Mining for the hell of it.
Yes it is. I should have seen the peng.

I don't have xp with BFG on a Pi, sorry.

No silly.  Tongue The Raspberry Pi computers run Linux..
He means xp == experience.
Shocked gotcha  Cheesy Cool
I need to compile your goodness onto the Rpi and see if I can get it to work.  Cool
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/

He means xp == experience.
hey im having issues as well getting bfgminer-4.5.0 to work with my RPi.

keeps saying that no devices found.

Did you install Zadig? (don't for BFG). If not, do install it and use CGminer.

It appears from your first post that Zadig is for Windows. I am using a Raspberry Pi.

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com

It appears from your first post that Zadig is for Windows. I am using a Raspberry Pi.

legendary
dogiecoin.com

legendary
Activity: 1109
Ok, got 2x of the 32Gb Rockminers.
Running cgminer 4.4.1 with Zadig drivers loaded to both miners.
However, only one miner showsup in cgminer. Ive tried swapping the USB plugs and re-installing the drivers.
No luck.
What else can I do?

What LEDs do you get on the units? Tried swapping the power?
Both running off a 350W brick (from old Gridseed setup).
Both showing the red light, but only one at a time showing the blinking blue light.
Tried swapping USB cables, changing ports.
What's interesting is that I got the second unit going, but then the first unit didn't work.
So, basically, I think both units are good, but for some reason only 1 at a time is working.
Both show-up in device manager, and I put the driver details side-by-side and verified they are using the same driver.

Don't gridseeds use a 2.1mm power connector, rather than 2.5mm? 1 at a time could indeed be power related. Remember power is 4-5x that of a gridseed.
Each rBox is suposto pull max 50W, so a total of 100W for both. The psu im using is a 350W unit, so it shouldn't be a problem.
As for the size of the plug, it seems to fit fine, and both of the red-lights come on and fans spin-up when I plug in...

Ok. 2.1mm will sort of fit in a 2.5mm but the contact on the live pin might not be good enough to carry a sizeable load (which 30-40W is for this style of connector).

In relation to the software side, do you have a 2nd machine you could test things on? Again come in with Zadig, plug both in, latest cgminer with no additional strings.
Give me a bit to do some testing. I do have a power brick with the 2.5mm connectors, and I do have a second machine I could test on.
"Ill be back!"
legendary
dogiecoin.com
However, only one miner showsup in cgminer. Ive tried swapping the USB plugs and re-installing the drivers.
No luck.
What else can I do?

Both showing the red light, but only one at a time showing the blinking blue light.
What's interesting is that I got the second unit going, but then the first unit didn't work.
So, basically, I think both units are good, but for some reason only 1 at a time is working.
Both show-up in device manager, and I put the driver details side-by-side and verified they are using the same driver.

Don't gridseeds use a 2.1mm power connector, rather than 2.5mm? 1 at a time could indeed be power related. Remember power is 4-5x that of a gridseed.
Each rBox is suposto pull max 50W, so a total of 100W for both. The psu im using is a 350W unit, so it shouldn't be a problem.
As for the size of the plug, it seems to fit fine, and both of the red-lights come on and fans spin-up when I plug in...

Ok. 2.1mm will sort of fit in a 2.5mm but the contact on the live pin might not be good enough to carry a sizeable load (which 30-40W is for this style of connector).

In relation to the software side, do you have a 2nd machine you could test things on? Again come in with Zadig, plug both in, latest cgminer with no additional strings.
legendary
No luck.
What else can I do?

legendary
dogiecoin.com
No luck.
What else can I do?

legendary
No luck.
What else can I do?

legendary
dogiecoin.com
No luck.
What else can I do?

legendary
No luck.
What else can I do?
legendary
dogiecoin.com
So when i run my R-Box on CGminer without changing the MHz i have a reject ratio of about 1%. But when I try to get it up to 290MHz it is about 10%. Is it even possible to run them over 270MHz? Because i have seen some people run it on this configurations without all these fails.

Well these aren´t really rejects but duplicates. I guess thats also not very good.
Duplicates are fine for the miner, it just means the pool has to do more work.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
So when i run my R-Box on CGminer without changing the MHz i have a reject ratio of about 1%. But when I try to get it up to 290MHz it is about 10%. Is it even possible to run them over 270MHz? Because i have seen some people run it on this configurations without all these fails.

Well these aren´t really rejects but duplicates. I guess thats also not very good.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
so I got my little r-boxes, nice little things and work beautifully hashing away happily !

question, is there a website where I can put in my api token and it will display key stats about my mining progress? Especially over time it would be nice to see that kind of info. Or some software on  PC? Or windows 7 gadget that shows some key stats?
legendary
dogiecoin.com
bfgminer is supporting rbox already?
Not that I know of. Was a stray line, sorry.

Oh, no!

I really dont want to use WinUSB.  I'm successfully running about 60 other devices without WinUSB, using native drivers like STMicroelectronics Virtual COM Port or Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge.  I dont want to risk my whole setup for this one R-Box...  no options besides WinUSB?

It should only attach onto your R-Box unless someone else is similar. You can always immediately remove the driver again (using zadig).
Pages:
Jump to: