Pages:
Author

Topic: Hardcap ICO is no guarantee that the project will succeed - page 8. (Read 31492 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 255
Yes when the ICO has collected hardcap not necessarily the project successfully. Usually if the project has reached the hardcap sale it will affect the price of tokens / coins but assumes it is wrong. Market that will determine the price of the token. So if you think the successful ICO will affect the price it is wrong
but if the funds collected are allocated to products that they can sell or use by many people it might be a positive thing because with a lot of funds it means that developers also have more opportunities to make products or companies.
Activity: 330
Merit: 10
Yes when the ICO has collected hardcap not necessarily the project successfully. Usually if the project has reached the hardcap sale it will affect the price of tokens / coins but assumes it is wrong. Market that will determine the price of the token. So if you think the successful ICO will affect the price it is wrong
Activity: 574
Merit: 101
ICO hardcap cannot be any indication about the quality or the success of a start-up.
The only thing it shows is the social proof by the community. If it is for the right reasons, then the project really has high chances to succeed.
But if it is due to expert marketing and snake oil salesmanship by the team members and their marketing contractors - then it will be a shitty project with chances of success close to zero.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 264
I've been in the bounty for years. And as I noticed, hardcap is not an indicator of success, and in General, the main, in my opinion, the indicator is the finished product. And yet, when the company enters the stock exchange, its tokens lose a decent price because of the bounty. Which, for the most part, try to quickly drain the tokens, which significantly reduces the price.

Not true that the lose of price is the bounty participants . If you take a look at the projects that lock bounty tokens for months or even years then you will see that price drops even without bounty sellers Smiley And there is alot of projects that got really good price movement up even with bounty particiants tokens without lock Smiley If the project is really good and got really nice exchanges then there always be traders and to dump the price would be really hard .
Activity: 1316
Merit: 502
I agree, reaching the hardcap doesn’t mean the project will succeed. Hardwork of the team is still required even after the hardcap. The team should keep working on everything they promised and they should follow the roadmap on time. Sadly many team behind the project don’t care about the success at all.
Of course, hardcap is just the foundation and marks the first success of the project in attracting investors but it never decides or ensures that the project will continue to succeed in the future when the next phases of the project need a lot of effort from the team. And many projects are like what you say, they don't care about successes in the later stages, they do not follow the routes they have planned, and many good projects have gradually become silent and ending with being unable to be listed, many investors have lost hope and waste time on these projects
Activity: 42
Merit: 1
Crypto
I've been in the bounty for years. And as I noticed, hardcap is not an indicator of success, and in General, the main, in my opinion, the indicator is the finished product. And yet, when the company enters the stock exchange, its tokens lose a decent price because of the bounty. Which, for the most part, try to quickly drain the tokens, which significantly reduces the price.
Activity: 2296
Merit: 953
Temporary forum vacation

Those projects that failed after reaching hard cap might have no intentions of giving their deliverables in the first place. Those were created to fill the dev's pockets and they managed to gain the trust of their investors. That situation is really a disappointment to all of us. They know how to deceive their investors by overwhelming promises and great UI of their websites. It is better to invest in a genuine project that starts from small beginnings.

Then it is a scam,,, plain and simple. A project should always launch with an intention of delivering something. If people say that without funds they cannot do anything, then the least they can do is make a full refund of all their funds to those that did invest. But in my experience, if projects cancel or refund,,, then they were never serious about building something useful. That is just how it works anyway. You think people were paid to develop Bitcoin in the beginning?
Activity: 1428
Merit: 250
It's reality! many of ico's become reached hardcap but they are ruin after going for exchange their tokens! I think it's depend over many of options how bevome a project going for success!
Activity: 817
Merit: 250
I once participated in a bounty campaign on the project when it reached Hardcap, but in the end they took away all the money from all investors, that's why if we invest we have to be more careful.
it becomes clear evidence that it does not see the achievements that have been obtained. the project can also fail overnight. even though it reaches hardcap, it is not necessarily the maximum development. even that made my suspicion, maybe the hardcap that was published was just manipulation.
Activity: 686
Merit: 255
Values can be manipulated because we must be careful when looking at a project. don't just look at their claim that it has reached hardcap but check in full whether it is good or not. because now it is not a guarantee if hardcap will be a benchmark for success
I once participated in a bounty campaign on the project when it reached Hardcap, but in the end they took away all the money from all investors, that's why if we invest we have to be more careful.
Activity: 1568
Merit: 511
Definitely
Look at most of the project here

I won't really care on the hardcap/softcap but most project that have a high ICO hardcap would be in the tough state to maintain their company/token valuation.
Most ICO are just a plain idea you see
No matter one crowdfunded $5m, or $100m. Everyone start with a plain idea (Exclude those who transform from the traditional business/or one with existing business)
If you have a hardcap of $10M, with 50% on Public sale. This means that you valuate your company at $20M marketcap

Here comes the problem, what do you have to valuate the $20M? By a plain idea? Nope
It is very hard that a project will succeed especially if they crowdfunded too much. They need a very perfect/good product so their token would worth something
Activity: 952
Merit: 110
Yes you are right,even scam projects reach hardcap and after that they slowly disappear into thin air ,these shouldnt be your focus when hunting for good projects to invest in
Activity: 560
Projects without ICO, IEO are more serious that those launching ICO and IEO according to examples of some projects without ICO. There maybe many factors behind why such projects are serious and often end up in a successful way. One of the reasons that they are serious as they are running their project with their own investment.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 505
Values can be manipulated because we must be careful when looking at a project. don't just look at their claim that it has reached hardcap but check in full whether it is good or not. because now it is not a guarantee if hardcap will be a benchmark for success
Activity: 756
Merit: 12
ICO is not a guarantee that the project will be successful, because most ICO projects are still limited to concepts and do not have clear references,
but projects that don't make ICO or premine are usually serious and good projects.
and I also agree on this, what about your opinion?

I know a number of projects that reached hardcap target last year but now the price is more than 90% below ICO price. This must be detrimental to investors because they must expect profits from their investments but what happens is that the project does not run well or even stagnates
Activity: 966
Merit: 102
A successful project usually starts with a good development team and their partners.  It is my experience to join my IEO and ICO.  There are many mobilization projects that get Hardcap but they cannot do well for many different reasons.  Most are Founder who do not work, they receive money and delay the progress of the project.
Activity: 744
Syntrum.com
ICO is not a guarantee that the project will be successful, because most ICO projects are still limited to concepts and do not have clear references,
but projects that don't make ICO or premine are usually serious and good projects.

There are many projects that I cannot reach when they are registered with CMC but they do not run the ICO, but if there are many requests they will pre-sell and make a lot of improvements to the products they have.
there are many projects that reach hardcap if they run the ICO but do not guarantee they will use funds from ICO to develop the project quickly.
MiF
Activity: 1400
Merit: 258
Buzz App - Spin wheel, farm rewards
Sometimes that's very much convincing when we hear a project have reached a hardcap. Expectations were very positive and more people will think 100% success, but you don't know after launching the project was ran by fraud developers. Certainly we can't guarantee any hardcap or whatsover promises, but to have an assurance let's find out everything when a project will be launched successfully without even bothering for any hardcap fulfilment.
Activity: 658
Merit: 102
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
I agree with you. WPP has achieved near hardcap and only lacks 0.5%. but its developer really made me quite disappointed in WPP. They have attracted 59 million dollars and now they just try to develop products and don't care about investors. Despite WPP prices plummeting over the past few months and now businesses are only rated at $ 1 million.
This is bad. For projects that already have investment funds, they only need to develop the community and its price after listing exchange is definitely very high. I used to know so many projects.
Activity: 756
Merit: 251

I share on this. If you compare a sold out ICO to one which is not a sold out, the trust would definitely be given to the former. But this is never a guarantee that the former will perform better than the latter. As a matter of fact, there are top coins out there whose ICOs never ended up sold out. Everything will end up on the devs and the vision and idea they are pushing. Not to mention their determination to really release an innovative, disruptive product for the bigger population.
Pages:
Jump to: