Pages:
Author

Topic: Hashkings Lending,Deposit 1.25% INSURED, ALL PPT ACCOUNTS CLOSING ON 8/19 - page 3. (Read 93727 times)

DrG
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035
So with coins worth about $40 per now I'm out over $1600 USD thanks to Hashking.  That's enough to motivate me to do something.

As mentioned before everybody is willing to chip in After-The-Fact if a settlement is reached.  We need to create a fund of people who are willing to pay up-front.  Anybody who does not contribute to the fund is not eligible for compensation from the settlement (if one is reached).  I have no legal background but I get to have fun with a deposition in a couple week (God I hate those things).  I'll be asking my med-mal lawyer if he know any attorneys in who might be willing to pursue the case.  But I'm located in CA and Hashking is located in the crook capitol of the US (Chicago area I believe).  If anybody in that vicinity knows an attorney who might be able to take up the case that would be better.

I think a reasonable number to ask if for 12.5 to 25% of the amount lost - in my case I lost about 40 BTC so I would have to chip in 5-10BTC.  We either need a mod or a very senior member to act as collections for fund.  I'm not volunteering myself as I'm too busy at the moment with the deposition, my business, babies, etc.
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
Is it he or she after all?
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Time to register SAM THEOFANOPOULOS .com now. Is confronting him physically and having a chat a viable alternative?

Fly out to Illinois to chat with him? I don't look big or scary enough to be effective... haha... any volunteers?

Hi I live in east saint louis and have at least 7 frans who look scary. If the trip isn't too far and we get a few tips we could surely attempt to liberate the coin

If you can speak with him and convince him to liberate the coin he owes everyone, you can have half of what he pays me back.

I'm sure other's would be more than happy to make similar offers, but I can't speak on their behalf.

This is a list that can be used to determine how much everyone is owed based on Sam's earlier attempt to feign payback: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1243257

+1
Activity: 938
Merit: 1002
Would you be willing to put in money up front to pay for this?  As you said it would be a donation because there is almost no chance of getting anything back.

Yes, especially if we could collect all similar ("guaranteed-return") cases, but I wouldn't want to waste more than 10BTC, not for a mere "no" answer. For this to go to court and properly "almost fail", I'd be willing to pay more. I hope someone takes the lead and makes a spectacle of this.
Activity: 25
Lawyers want money up front. There is a saying about not using good money to chase after bad. Yes... irony.

The hardest part is nobody has anything in writing and all transactions were in bitcoin. You might as well sue the hamburglar for stealing your monopoly money.

One thing that might work in our favor is that hashking has admitted to the attorney general that he was the mastermind of his scheme. Now it's just a matter of going to small claims court and trying to explain cryptocurrency to a stressed out underpaid judge.
+1

This is exactly what happened when we tried to take up a collection to go after Trendon.  Everyone contacted was more than happy to pay half of all BTC collected back to the lawyers but not one single person involved was willing to put in any money up front.  The reasons are obvious.  The chance of getting anything back is almost zero.  Any money put in up front to pay lawyers would be just more money down the drain.  Many of the people involved were wiped out by the scam so even if they did want to gamble on getting something back they really do not have anything left to gamble with.

That's why it deserves to be pursued. It has research value for deals far beyond the lending market. Maybe instead of throwing "good money", investors (and maybe even donators) can produce a lower sum to pay for a consultation.

Would you be willing to put in money up front to pay for this?  As you said it would be a donation because there is almost no chance of getting anything back.
Activity: 938
The issue is setting a precedent for bitcoin contracts agreed to over private messages on an internet forum.

That's why it deserves to be pursued. It has research value for deals far beyond the lending market. Maybe instead of throwing "good money", investors (and maybe even donators) can produce a lower sum to pay for a consultation.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Are you guys too embarrassed you invested in an obvious scam?
Are your own finances too shady to put your real name on some legal documents against him?

I used my real identity to file with the attorney general. That's not the issue. The issue is setting a precedent for bitcoin contracts agreed to over private messages on an internet forum.
Lawyers want money up front. There is a saying about not using good money to chase after bad. Yes... irony.

The hardest part is nobody has anything in writing and all transactions were in bitcoin. You might as well sue the hamburglar for stealing your monopoly money.

One thing that might work in our favor is that hashking has admitted to the attorney general that he was the mastermind of his scheme. Now it's just a matter of going to small claims court and trying to explain cryptocurrency to a stressed out underpaid judge.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
I see 840 BTC pledged so far.  That is certainly enough to pay for consultation with a lawyer.

I'm not sure why someone hasn't made a legal threat to put pressure on hashking to pay back.  You guys know who he is IRL.  He is most likely in control of 4000+ BTC, rental properties and other assets.  mining4fun11, who was posting that they had nothing worth going after, was outed as a hashking sockpuppet.

Are you guys too embarrassed you invested in an obvious scam?

Are your own finances too shady to put your real name on some legal documents against him?

Stop with the childish threats of violence and use the legal system.  If he has assets, you may be able to recover something.  If not, you weren't going to get anything regardless.
Activity: 18
If everyone is pledging, I want to pledge, too. 60 bitcoins to the one who returns my horde.
Activity: 117
Likewise, I'm willing to pay 500BTC to anyone who can help bring him to justice and recover at least half the BTC he owes.

If anyone manages to get Hashking to pay me what he owes me, I'll give you a bounty of 80BTC Smiley

I'll pledge 100 BTC for recovering what Hashking owes me.

I'll also pledge 100 BTC.
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
My attempt to get assistance from the attorney general of Illinois was rejected, here are the documents for posterity: http://imgur.com/a/qey0E

Additional details uncovered during the investigation are available here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JOR8xssD8Ec9j_N3R4_MJapQoGALy5RBDTJdQZIrFlE/edit?usp=sharing

It seems so far legal attempts at reconciliation have failed. I'm open to suggestions.

Just on a general note:

Anyone dumb enough to operate a passthrough to something like what Pirate ran, should by default be considered shady. Pirate promised returns on invested funds, yet he did not disclose any business plan, or showing how this where done. And I am not sure if hos true identity was known either. It was all fueled by greed. People turned the blind eye, as long as they could turn a profit.

Would you hand over a stack of cash to some shady individual that you'd never seen before in a dark street ? I promise you to return a certain amount of interest!

If one has the outlook that there's no such thing as a free lunch, and be sceptical of everything, and only invest if you're reasonably sure it's not a scam, and that when you invest, you're sure that you could stand to take the loss if the shit hits the fan, then you invest. Everything else is lunacy.

Everything else is lunacy. +1
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
Dude Hashking offered personally backed, non-pirate exposed loans with far lower interest rates. There is no reason for him to default on those, other than being a thief.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
My attempt to get assistance from the attorney general of Illinois was rejected, here are the documents for posterity: http://imgur.com/a/qey0E

Additional details uncovered during the investigation are available here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JOR8xssD8Ec9j_N3R4_MJapQoGALy5RBDTJdQZIrFlE/edit?usp=sharing

It seems so far legal attempts at reconciliation have failed. I'm open to suggestions.

Just on a general note:

Anyone dumb enough to operate a passthrough to something like what Pirate ran, should by default be considered shady. Pirate promised returns on invested funds, yet he did not disclose any business plan, or showing how this where done. And I am not sure if hos true identity was known either. It was all fueled by greed. People turned the blind eye, as long as they could turn a profit.

Would you hand over a stack of cash to some shady individual that you'd never seen before in a dark street ? I promise you to return a certain amount of interest!

If one has the outlook that there's no such thing as a free lunch, and be sceptical of everything, and only invest if you're reasonably sure it's not a scam, and that when you invest, you're sure that you could stand to take the loss if the shit hits the fan, then you invest. Everything else is lunacy.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
@Hazek I reported that post

@Slushpuppy (and alexmat): I pledged 100 BTC on the previous page. If you need more info (for instance the exact amount he owes me) or want to negotiate or something, you can pm me.
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
legendary
Activity: 1078

YES! Oh man this is so awesome to hear. You little thugish crybabies wanted to run to daddy state so he could whip out his belt and put pirate over his knee and whip his ass but now you're left with NON VIOLENT OPTIONS and mostly a valuable life lesson.

This couldn't have ended better!
Time to register SAM THEOFANOPOULOS .com now. Is confronting him physically and having a chat a viable alternative?

Fly out to Illinois to chat with him? I don't look big or scary enough to be effective... haha... any volunteers?

Hi I live in east saint louis and have at least 7 frans who look scary. If the trip isn't too far and we get a few tips we could surely attempt to liberate the coin

If you can speak with him and convince him to liberate the coin he owes everyone, you can have half of what he pays me back.

I'm sure other's would be more than happy to make similar offers, but I can't speak on their behalf.

This is a list that can be used to determine how much everyone is owed based on Sam's earlier attempt to feign payback: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1243257
Activity: 106

Pages:
Jump to: