Pages:
Author

Topic: Have you used Bitcoin as Real money to buy Real/physical goods? - page 30. (Read 30614 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 250
If PC Games count as real things than yeah, I've actually only bought a couple steam games with btc so far. Tongue
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
I bought a domain using bitcoin last week, but haven't tried to buy something face to face with bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000
Real/physical good not but I used bitcoin ti buy other things online. For example i bought mining power in cloudminr.io. Si it was a spent of bitcoin but not for the real things. I don't know if this can be counted as an expense but in real it is. My bitcoin are gone from my wallet (and was gone forever because cloudminr.io scammed and I lost that bitcoins).
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
I had never used bitcoins to buy something real. I believe in bitcoin and seems lost of possibilities to use them in buying something real. I think only to increase the number of those even this is hard. Needed money to buy and the money cannot be founded easily.
Activity: 798
Move On !!!!!!
Yes I did, many times. Last thing that I bought witj bitcoins were plane tickets for my vacation using cheapair.com

This is exactly what we need to do more, spend bitcoins, make transactions etc. In order for this to take off as it should.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
It was my mum's birthday yesterday. And I wanted to buy a birthday cake for her, but when I reached the bread shop, I realized I forgot carrying my wallet and I had only a few bucks in my pocket.  I tried to talk to the boss of the shop if I can pay by bitcoin, to my surprise, she said YES and finally I paid the cake by bitcoin.  Grin

This is my first time to use BTC as real money buying a real physical goods. 

As a bitcoiner, using BTC online is very common.  Have you ever used Bitcoin as Real money to buy Real/physical goods?  plz share your experience.   Wink

I paid 0.1BTC to my classmate for her photo.  Grin Grin Grin 

It's so funny, did she become your girlfriend?   Shocked Grin
No, she did become his fap-material Wink

As far as I see, nobody has mentioned purse yet. I used it many times to buy physical goods, and I can recommend it to everybody, since you easily get 20% discount.

I also bought some raspberry pi equipment with BTC and there is a beer bar in Vienna, where you can pay with Bitcoin.
Activity: 21
It was my mum's birthday yesterday. And I wanted to buy a birthday cake for her, but when I reached the bread shop, I realized I forgot carrying my wallet and I had only a few bucks in my pocket.  I tried to talk to the boss of the shop if I can pay by bitcoin, to my surprise, she said YES and finally I paid the cake by bitcoin.  Grin

As a bitcoiner, using BTC online is very common.  Have you ever used Bitcoin as Real money to buy Real/physical goods?  plz share your experience.   Wink

It's so funny, did she become your girlfriend?   Shocked Grin
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1003
Yes, I do groceries with Bitcoin. I go out for diner or the pub, and pay with Bitcoin. I pay for physical products and 'real' services weekly with Bitcoin!
Really? Do they accept Bitcoin or are you doing that with a Bitcoin Debit Card like Bit-x?
No cheating by means of bitcon dedit cards. I mean actual, authentic, real Bitcoin payments.
Activity: 812
Currently the local stores where I live don't accept Bitcoins, neither does online stores but I did bought some computer parts from a store indirectly, I paid the person in Bitcoin and he bought some stuff for me but I don't think that counts, that's almost like exchanging bitcoins for cash.
Activity: 2
No I haven't dude.
I'm new in bitcoin and I don't know how to buy things by bitcoin.. And as I know in my country I can't buying things with bitcoin
the same
Activity: 65
So far never, I'm looking for a coffee shop that can accept bitcoin, but not found any at the local area so far.
Activity: 434
I have bought a domain name an a web server with bitcoin..never using bitcoin as a payment for a real goods
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

Haha, that's kinda creepy!

I bought a couples of things, tigerdirect takes BTC so its pretty convenient.
My first direct purchase was USB keys and Ethernet cable for my GPU rigs and other miners Cheesy

I can also pay my bills or credit card so with, in a sense, i can buy almost anything with BTC Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027
I have used Bitcoin to buy some miners and to tip. other than that I've just used it to gamble.
I just don't spend more BTC because I want to hold as much as I can.
Activity: 112

copper member
Activity: 924
Merit: 1007
hee-ho.
I bought a necklace from a friend of mine using BTC. well actually I asked him to buy it for me using his money, then I returned it in BTC to force him to get started with bitcoin.  Tongue

also have bought couple of original video game CDs/DVDs in the past.
Activity: 249
I've bought loads of shit with BTC. Before the 'crash' everyone thought I was stupid for spending it but I was buying stuff when the price was over 200 and getting excellent value.
Activity: 296
Merit: 251
I have bought virtual goods(video game key) with BTC. Not sure if this counts?
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1047
Your country may be your worst enemy
Unfortunately I haven't, but you give me hope. I guess I should just try, just like you did. I couldn't do it in a shop since I don't have a smartphone, but I'm buying used cars quite often. Next time, I'll propose to pay with BTC.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1081
I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.
Yes, I do groceries with Bitcoin. I go out for diner or the pub, and pay with Bitcoin. I pay for physical products and 'real' services weekly with Bitcoin!
Really? Do they accept Bitcoin or are you doing that with a Bitcoin Debit Card like Bit-x?

In major cities (especially in northern europe) there are a lot of pubs and businesses that provide for bitcoin payments.  In my city in the USA, the waiter usually brings over a tablet and shows you a QR code.  I then scan the QR code and send btc to the address and that's that.  They don't even make me wait for a confirmation (thank God, that would have been terrible during the spam/stress-tests).
Interesting. I haven't seen any around me but maybe that's because I'm not looking hard enough. Are there any accurate maps with all of the places that accept Bitcoin?

I can't gurantee the accuracy or up-to-datedness of these sources but coinmap is probably the best known:

https://coinmap.org/

There's also a page on the bitcoin wiki:

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Real_world_shops

And I turned up a few places in my town by just googling the name of my town and "bitcoin"---where they restaurant had a webpage saying the accepted bitcoin on the page, I could find them this way.

Good luck!
Pages:
Jump to: