Pages:
Author

Topic: HitBTC.com - The most advanced cryptocurrency exchange - page 103. (Read 109462 times)

Activity: 198
Merit: 100
I'am a bit wary of trying this out since there is no mention of Hitbtc in the payment info ,I added them to my payee list but do not want to pull the trigger till I see some feedback from others that have experience with them .

Be Careful

From: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1y1ig3/bitcoin_exchange_hitbtc_launches_february_14th/cfgqm1s

This is getting to be a joke. When someone comes to me and says "how do we open a successful exchange", the first thing I say is "Put your damn name on the site with a legal corporation and you are already the top 5 exchanges without any volume"
This is what I get from my research:

“HITBTC” was founded by “Ullus Corporation”. The company was incorporated in 2013 and claims to be licensed as a financial company. Operating accounts were opened in “SWED Bank” and “SEB Bank”. Swedbank AB is a Nordic-Baltic banking group offering retail banking, asset management, financial, and other services with Stockholm. The latter Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken AB is also a Nordic bank Its activities comprise mainly banking services, but SEB also carries out significant life insurance operations and also owns Eurocard.

Ullus Corporation's website is down (ulluscorp.com), but looking at a cached version of the site it says "The company’s headquarters, since its inception, are located in Hong-Kong" and also repeatedly talk about their Financial License, but don't say from which country. (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://www.ulluscorp.com/)
This is where it get's interesting, the company also registered CatPay.com which is some sort of a Bitcoin wallet. Both domains are now under private registration and try to not be connected to each other. CatPay's customer service line is in Estonia.
Both of those domains are owned by ulluscorp.com which has been taken down. You can easily get RAW versions of the old Whois file on the registration

ulluscorp.com (http://domainsigma.com/whois/ulluscorp.com) Registrant Name: Ricardo Singh Registrant Organization: ULLUS CORPORATION Registrant Street: Ricardo J. Alfaro Avenue, The Century Tower Bldg. Floor 4 Suite 402-36 Registrant City: Panama City Registrant State/Province: Panama City Registrant Postal Code: - Registrant Country: PA Registrant Phone: +507.3605536 Registrant Phone Ext: Registrant Fax: +507.3605530

CatPay.com (http://who.is/whois/catpay.com) Registrant Name: Oliver Girado Registrant Organization: Ullus Corporation Registrant Street: Ricardo J. Alfaro Avenue, The Central Tower Bldg, Floor 4 Suite 402-36 Registrant City: Panama City Registrant State/Province: Panama City Registrant Postal Code: - Registrant Country: PA Registrant Phone: +507.3605536 Registrant Phone Ext: Registrant Fax: +507.3605536
Anyways, I'll have some of my friends in Panama check out their office to see if it exists.

Yes that was another reason ,Best to see if anyone has any feedback .
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000
Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem
I'am a bit wary of trying this out since there is no mention of Hitbtc in the payment info ,I added them to my payee list but do not want to pull the trigger till I see some feedback from others that have experience with them .

Be Careful

From: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1y1ig3/bitcoin_exchange_hitbtc_launches_february_14th/cfgqm1s

This is getting to be a joke. When someone comes to me and says "how do we open a successful exchange", the first thing I say is "Put your damn name on the site with a legal corporation and you are already the top 5 exchanges without any volume"
This is what I get from my research:

“HITBTC” was founded by “Ullus Corporation”. The company was incorporated in 2013 and claims to be licensed as a financial company. Operating accounts were opened in “SWED Bank” and “SEB Bank”. Swedbank AB is a Nordic-Baltic banking group offering retail banking, asset management, financial, and other services with Stockholm. The latter Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken AB is also a Nordic bank Its activities comprise mainly banking services, but SEB also carries out significant life insurance operations and also owns Eurocard.

Ullus Corporation's website is down (ulluscorp.com), but looking at a cached version of the site it says "The company’s headquarters, since its inception, are located in Hong-Kong" and also repeatedly talk about their Financial License, but don't say from which country. (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://www.ulluscorp.com/)
This is where it get's interesting, the company also registered CatPay.com which is some sort of a Bitcoin wallet. Both domains are now under private registration and try to not be connected to each other. CatPay's customer service line is in Estonia.
Both of those domains are owned by ulluscorp.com which has been taken down. You can easily get RAW versions of the old Whois file on the registration

ulluscorp.com (http://domainsigma.com/whois/ulluscorp.com) Registrant Name: Ricardo Singh Registrant Organization: ULLUS CORPORATION Registrant Street: Ricardo J. Alfaro Avenue, The Century Tower Bldg. Floor 4 Suite 402-36 Registrant City: Panama City Registrant State/Province: Panama City Registrant Postal Code: - Registrant Country: PA Registrant Phone: +507.3605536 Registrant Phone Ext: Registrant Fax: +507.3605530

CatPay.com (http://who.is/whois/catpay.com) Registrant Name: Oliver Girado Registrant Organization: Ullus Corporation Registrant Street: Ricardo J. Alfaro Avenue, The Central Tower Bldg, Floor 4 Suite 402-36 Registrant City: Panama City Registrant State/Province: Panama City Registrant Postal Code: - Registrant Country: PA Registrant Phone: +507.3605536 Registrant Phone Ext: Registrant Fax: +507.3605536
Anyways, I'll have some of my friends in Panama check out their office to see if it exists.
I got it this Morning which is Monday ,maybe they process them manually ?
Dear overunity,

It takes some minutes to receive a confirmation e-mail. We send them automatically. An e-mail with the instruction for funding your account may take a few hours to arrive (Monday-Friday).
We would like to kindly ask you for your e-mail address so we can investigate this issue.

Do not hesitate to contact us on [email protected].
They sent me payment details ,I replied to [email protected] requesting your swift/BIC to make a small transfer.
In reference to the previous post it was a request to send funds,my mistake.
They say it can takes hours to withdraw BTC ,I assume that is for large BTC withdrawals that may be handled manually ,so I will test the withdrawal of a small amount of BTC and hopefully it is quick .
May be put in the FAQ the amount of BTC at which manual transactions will occur.
Activity: 525
Merit: 250
Dear overunity,

It takes some minutes to receive a confirmation e-mail. We send them automatically. An e-mail with the instruction for funding your account may take a few hours to arrive (Monday-Friday).
We would like to kindly ask you for your e-mail address so we can investigate this issue.

Do not hesitate to contact us on [email protected].
I registered and the message was wait for an e-mail ,I was expecting the e-mail confirmation to be virtually instant like other sites I register at ,but after hours still no e-mail.
If it takes hours to send an e-mail I cannot imagine how long bitcoin or fiat would take .
Will see what the forum finds out before using them.

Dear overunity,

Usually it takes about some seconds to to receive a confirmation e-mail. Could you please check your non-priority inbox folder and make sure that [email protected] is added to your whitelist. In case you didn't receive a confirmation, please make sure your email address is correct and do not hesitate to contact us on [email protected], so we can re-send the confirmation letter.
I registered and the message was wait for an e-mail ,I was expecting the e-mail confirmation to be virtually instant like other sites I register at ,but after hours still no e-mail.
If it takes hours to send an e-mail I cannot imagine how long bitcoin or fiat would take .

Dear overunity,

Usually it takes about some seconds to to receive a confirmation e-mail. Could you please check your non-priority inbox folder and make sure that [email protected] is added to your whitelist. In case you didn't receive a confirmation, please make sure your email address is correct and do not hesitate to contact us on [email protected], so we can re-send the confirmation letter.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

Got mine instantly
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000
Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem
Hey All,

Look's like these guys are trying really hard to hide who they are.

Having been here a while, this raises a red flag.

See the Reddit post, some users have started to find pretty scary stuff about this company:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1y1ig3/bitcoin_exchange_hitbtc_launches_february_14th/cfgqm1s

BE CAREFUL USING THIS WEBSITE!

Hope all is well

-Charlie
Dear friends!

Many of our customers have been asking us to add the option of trading not only BTC, but also other most common cryptocurrencies.
Today we are delighted to inform you that "Hitbtc" now accepts Litecoins (LTC), so the trade is available for the following pairs:

BTC/USD
BTC/EUR
LTC/BTC
LTC/USD
LTC/EUR
USD/EUR.

Also, as you may have already noticed, we made some UI improvements and bug fixes, so the trading Terminal is now candy looking, works like a charm and shows you latest Bitcoin news.

Do not miss a chance to have all the advantages we offer! Our key focus is your funds safety. Daily backups, 2-step authentication, wire transfer in USD and EUR, fast API, FOK and IOC orders and much more for your security and best trading experience.

Stay tuned for the further news and do not hesitate to contact us on [email protected] in case you have any questions regarding our services.
What does rebate 0.1% mean?

Dear dubouis,

Rebate is the return of a portion of a purchase price by a seller to a buyer, which is given on execution (after the purchase made).

Please feel free to contact us on [email protected] regarding any questions you may have about this message.
Hi,

could you explain the different "verification level" ?

Thanks

Dear Italiacoin,

"hitbtc" has different verification levels: Basic, Verified and Trusted. Basic level has the following monthly limits: $10000 / €10000 / ฿500. In case a Customer wants to be eligible for higher monthly limits ($100000 / €100000 / ฿5000) he should follow the instructions under Become a verified customer section.

Please feel free to contact us on [email protected] regarding any questions you may have about this message.
All exchanges have a single account. Why do you require two - this is all very confusing.

Dear rezzak,

We care about the safety of your funds and the security of your transactions. This is the reason you have two accounts - the first one is for deposits and withdrawals, the second one - for transactions.
At your site, one can only deposit in BTC and bank transfers now, will you be adding visa/mc or other means?

Dear mdegreffe,

The only deposit methods to “hitbtc” account currently are: BTC and a wire-transfer.
Follow us on Twitter or visit our website for latest news.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Rebate 0.1% sounds good I think.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
At your site, one can only deposit in BTC and bank transfers now, will you be adding visa/mc or other means?
Will you be adding more currencies like RUR and Yuan?

Dear sqabeloth,
We are planning to implement more currencies in the future, although the time-frame for this is unknown.

Follow us on Twitter or visit our website for latest news.
It says you got 500K euros and 50K BTC per month - does that mean you started your exchange when BTC rate was 10 bucks? ))

Dear JJKirsch,

It's most likely that you have seen this information in "Fees and Limits" section. Transaction limits are unrelated to the BTC exchange rate.
Pages:
Jump to: