Pages:
Author

Topic: HODL is the only policy. - page 24. (Read 5435 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 0
September 03, 2018, 04:33:45 PM
I prefer hodl my crypto currency, because I think this is the best option at the moment. I am confident that the situation in the market will change in the near future and we will all be rewarded for our patience.
Activity: 336
Merit: 12
September 03, 2018, 04:17:23 PM
Market is fluctuating today a lot . But I hope it will not continue. So I am applying HODL at this moment.
What is your policy at this current market volatility?
Holding is not the only policy that you can apply as an a strategy in this market, but without a doubt is one of the most effective, I know that there are a lot of people that will try to earn money right now by trading their coins but taking into account how volatile and difficult to predict this market is I prefer to hold, not only because it's more effective but because it is also easier.

I'm interested in how long you will keep your coins and how will you act in a situation where the market will start its strong growth? Will you sell in parts? Aren't you afraid of not having time to sell everything until the moment when everything starts to fall again after growth? Personally, I tried to sell tokens from my portfolio in December of the last year and it turned out that this is a very slow process and I just did not have time, because I incorrectly calculated the distance
Activity: 714
Merit: 14
September 02, 2018, 09:16:57 PM
Holding is good but not all coins are worth holding for long term. It is good to always read and know much about the coins you intend to hold for long term. This makes knowledge also key in crypto.
Activity: 55
September 02, 2018, 09:10:54 PM
The best for now is to hodl because the market has still not recovered and it will mean a loss to sell now. The market is exhibiting sense of positive growth since few days now and we hope it continues and so a little more patience is the key.
Actually I am holding only Bitcoin long term other coins I am not holding as they are losing value and many of them will not recover ever.
For me holding is not a good strategy at a declining market. as we know that Bitcoin halving is still on progress, so it's still good time to hold it, right mate?
Activity: 140
September 02, 2018, 08:32:42 PM
Well I believe from the recent downtimes market have experienced for months now most people including me a really skeptical about hodling.
Activity: 98
September 02, 2018, 08:19:59 PM
I love holding, but I don't believe it is the only policy. There are a lot of benefits in daily strategic trading. If you know how to trade well, you can earn a lot of profits from there.
Activity: 290
Merit: 100
September 02, 2018, 07:56:53 PM
Market is fluctuating today a lot . But I hope it will not continue. So I am applying HODL at this moment.

HODL is indeed the best option for red days markets. But still using it for trading purposes could make you grow it with twice of the price compared to the income you could make if you hold for (in example) a month. I'm a fan of of both trading and holding. But most users gain more in trading than just holding and waiting for a pump.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1106
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
September 02, 2018, 07:56:45 PM
It is the policy that doesn't have the risk similar to the one that we experience with other forms of earning. Here, we're supposed to hold for a much longer time period while pro traders used to earn the same in a much shorter time as the market will be always in fluctuation.
Activity: 392
Merit: 112
September 02, 2018, 07:55:25 PM
I have no choice, if I will sell at loss, it will really screw myself. Holding is much better than selling at loss, my policy is I will keep hold and not looking to price of my coins.
Activity: 462
September 02, 2018, 07:50:54 PM
I think that now it is worth investing in cryptocurrencies in the long term. The market will start to grow and I think that it is likely to happen before the end of September.
Activity: 432
September 02, 2018, 07:19:13 PM
The best for now is to hodl because the market has still not recovered and it will mean a loss to sell now. The market is exhibiting sense of positive growth since few days now and we hope it continues and so a little more patience is the key.
Activity: 523
Merit: 300
September 02, 2018, 07:07:01 PM
Absolutely, just set your sell targets, so that you won't miss it, when it goes up. Day trading and selling early, can rob of your investment.
Activity: 882
Merit: 112
Your Data Belongs To You
September 02, 2018, 06:54:43 PM
I think that the best way is to go with the flow but you have to watch the market and anticipate these things and when it starts you have to be ready to act and then look for potential entry points, it is not easy but this is the best way the second best strategy is to HODL.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1
September 02, 2018, 05:41:39 PM
Now the only correct tactic in the cryptocurrency market is hold. Many coins are now in stagnation, expecting strong market growth. As soon as on market will come a lot of money (and it will soon happen), we immediately see a massive growth of many coins. I have a lot of coins, which now cost 0.1-2$, and sell them now is simply meaningless.
Activity: 308
September 02, 2018, 05:35:33 PM
You are right, now the most competent decision-to keep their coins. And you can also replenish your investment portfolio with coins, as prices have become very low.
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1338
September 02, 2018, 05:04:09 PM
have fun hodling and watching your altcoins drop 90%....or did it already happen?

right now I just make short term trades when there's a nice setup and primarily think about protecting my capital

That is one of the risks of holding that is true but if you are holding good coins and you bought at the right time the truth is that even at these prices you should be in profit, the only ones that are losing money are those that thought of themselves as great traders and thought they could buy and get out of the market before it crashed, the real long term holders are making money even in this crash.
Activity: 350
September 02, 2018, 01:12:46 PM
The HODL method is the only rational approach to such a volatile asset as bitcoin (here it can be pointed out that for altcoins this is perhaps not the best tactic, in any case not for all alts). On the cryptocurrency market, all attempts to choose the right moment for purchase are deliberately doomed to failure. However, crypto investors should not sit idly by: in order to maximize profitability taking into account the risk and maintain a rational distribution of shares in the portfolio, they must systematically correct it. This need forces them to sell at highs and buy at minimums, controlling the distribution of assets in the portfolio.
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
September 02, 2018, 01:09:59 PM

I agree with you. I believe that in a falling market, hold is the best way to preserve and increase capital in the future. I know that many people now sell their coins at a loss. It's an emotional misbehavior. Investments need to be approached in cold blood. Therefore, long-term hold is the best policy today.
Activity: 560
Merit: 11
September 02, 2018, 01:03:26 PM
My policy is the short-term trade. I’m not a hodler, I’m getting too nervous if I get out of control of the situation.
Activity: 140
September 02, 2018, 10:43:08 AM
I think it's depend on the situation of the market but hold is always better thing because when you hold your investment for long tern then chance of loss is very low.
Pages:
Jump to: