Author

Topic: How did you first hear about bitcoin? - page 107. (Read 104332 times)

Activity: 286
Merit: 100
Cryptics
October 31, 2017, 03:32:07 PM
Are you a bitcoin fan?
Do you spend a lot of time on bitcoin? Reading news, trading, or even writing your own analysis.
But how did you first hear about bitcoin?
Is it some articles you read about? Or just from a friend who has traded bitcoin for a long time?

Share your experience with us. Grin
I learn about bitcoin from my co worker, he likes to trade stocks but one day he told me this digital currency called bitcoin, i think it was early 2017. He explain what bitcoin is and it's advantage and ask me if i want to buy some together with him. I bought it and then i started to follow news about bitcoin, it's price movement and i find trading crypto better than trading stocks in term of profit so right now i trade more in crypto.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
October 31, 2017, 03:27:12 PM
I read about it on Slashdot, the first news site to mention it. My initial impression was that it was super cool, but it will never become popular, so why should I waste my CPU power on it (GPU mining still wasn’t a thing back then, never mind ASIC).

Then a bunch of governments messed up a bunch of things, and here we are - suddenly everybody’s a crypto-anarchist Cheesy
Activity: 896
Merit: 198
October 31, 2017, 03:19:28 PM
my story is a bit sad, back then when 2013. once i hear about digital currencies, that one is bitcoin. It piqued me. but just for that day when i hear about bitcoin itself. not understand that much and no effort to know more about it. and 3 months ago, my friend just sharing his experience with cryptocurrency. and i regret that im not learn about bitcoin more back then. yeah that's my story  Smiley right now still gather some change to buy it  Wink
we can avoid that regreting on the time that what if you have learned it by that time it is not helpful what we must gonna do is to accept so we can move forward and start instead of regret for your past make it as your motivation for you to continue and have what you really want to have way back to that time.
Activity: 34
October 31, 2017, 03:18:04 PM
I remember seeing some article about bitcoin back in 2013 and doing some searching online about it. I wanted to mine bitcoin back then but my PC or my dial up internet connection had some problem so I could not connect to Slush's pool using miner and gave up. If only I could successfully mine some bitcoins back then! Aah the past is past though. Not really much regret but a tiny thing back in the head hurts.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 500
October 31, 2017, 03:11:51 PM
first I heard about bitcoin sometime in 2013 but at that time i was not interested in bitcoin for fear of investing in something new? I was just interested in bitcoin when the price is getting expensive, and I joined this forum 6 months ago. now bitcoin is my favorite coin.
looks like late for join not early but no problem. welcome in bitcoin world very good and interest

for me i know bitcoin in september 2016 first time i heard about bitcoin and i'm so interested

Maybe a lot of things we miss from bitcoin, from the price is still in the range of $ 400/1BTC. and nowadays everybody gradually recognizes bitcoin and more and more users use bitcoin, I hope everyone uses bitcoin year after year, and every year will continue to increase the bitcoin user population ..
Activity: 260
Merit: 28
Look ARROUND!
October 31, 2017, 02:59:06 PM
Are you a bitcoin fan?
Do you spend a lot of time on bitcoin? Reading news, trading, or even writing your own analysis.
Is it some articles you read about? Or just from a friend who has traded bitcoin for a long time?

I first heard bitcoin from my classmates and also from my curiosity, I also read from articles online that I see how bitcoin works then getting some help from my classmates asking the know-hows about bitcoin, self-taught for the basics and techniques for not being a victim of scammers.
Activity: 21
October 31, 2017, 02:54:29 PM
I know bitcoin from co-worker's conversation when comes to lunch. It turns out they held bitcoin since 1 year ago and got big profit after selling half btc he kept. From that conversation, I got interested to find out about bitcoin also about this forum.
Activity: 490
Merit: 10
October 31, 2017, 02:52:17 PM
I actually first heard it on an rss feed. but I honestly did not even bother reading about it. Few days later someone was asking me If I can help make a mining machine. I was like meh not interesting. Now you are reminding me of all the sad time.
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
October 31, 2017, 02:49:06 PM
first I heard about bitcoin sometime in 2013 but at that time i was not interested in bitcoin for fear of investing in something new? I was just interested in bitcoin when the price is getting expensive, and I joined this forum 6 months ago. now bitcoin is my favorite coin.
looks like late for join not early but no problem. welcome in bitcoin world very good and interest

for me i know bitcoin in september 2016 first time i heard about bitcoin and i'm so interested
Activity: 135
October 31, 2017, 02:41:39 PM
I’ve heard about bitcoin 3 years ago but in the beginning I didn’t take it seriously. Now I know that it is our future.
People are in seek of comfort and quick ways to be rich to meet their financial needs . Bitcoin is massively favored and is reducing the use of bank with time. The favor and hunger of people for bitcoin can be a reason for it. The banks may be feeling a threat from crypto that is why they are opposing it.
Activity: 378
October 31, 2017, 11:40:15 AM
Activity: 19
October 31, 2017, 11:39:01 AM
I 1st heard about bitcoin when i was in college ,
We a group of friends started a startup and we found that bitcoin will be our base of start up.
Then we see the fall of bitcoin in 2014 and we were scared about that and dropped it.
I wish i have not dropped that idea.I could have been a millionaire by now.
Activity: 15
October 31, 2017, 11:35:22 AM
Mine was a hilarious accident. I was watching anime when the ad redirected me to bitcoin blog. Instead of watching the anime I watched this 30 minutes bitcoin introduction.
Activity: 442
Merit: 101
October 31, 2017, 11:29:07 AM
The first time I heard about bitcoin was due to the news about bitcoin. For the first time a virtual currency is not taxed. And I was surprised by the high bitcoin value. Bitcoin totally attracted me and I decided to learn and work with bitcoin. And I think this is the best internet job for me.
Activity: 457
Merit: 262
October 31, 2017, 11:20:48 AM
I feel like a complete newbie, as I came to know about Bitcoin only a few months back. But I am still happy about it. Because 99% of the individuals in my country (Nepal) still don't know about Bitcoin.
Activity: 196
October 31, 2017, 11:20:26 AM
my story is a bit sad, back then when 2013. once i hear about digital currencies, that one is bitcoin. It piqued me. but just for that day when i hear about bitcoin itself. not understand that much and no effort to know more about it. and 3 months ago, my friend just sharing his experience with cryptocurrency. and i regret that im not learn about bitcoin more back then. yeah that's my story  Smiley right now still gather some change to buy it  Wink
Activity: 392
Merit: 103
October 31, 2017, 11:15:54 AM

Are you a bitcoin fan?

I first heard it from a childhood friend. I am curious on how did she eaen huge profit online which is bigger than my job's salary that time. She mentioned about cryprocurrency and ofcourse, Bitcoin. She explained how yhings work here and surprisingly caught my attention to read further about different coins. I decided to try investing to it before and gladly I am not disappointed but amazed up until now.

I heard bitcoin from my friend
My friend  bitcoin can earn 100$ or more for just week depend on your activity on this site..

I thought about what he said thats i research on bitcoin after that I found many good feedback.
I immediately asked my friend how to join and how to earn it.
 was first sad because I did not have an airdrop token. But now i got plenty of token but no value yet
  Thats all thank you
Activity: 345
October 31, 2017, 09:40:27 AM
Are you a bitcoin fan?

I first heard it from a childhood friend. I am curious on how did she eaen huge profit online which is bigger than my job's salary that time. She mentioned about cryprocurrency and ofcourse, Bitcoin. She explained how yhings work here and surprisingly caught my attention to read further about different coins. I decided to try investing to it before and gladly I am not disappointed but amazed up until now.
Activity: 365
Merit: 108
October 31, 2017, 09:36:34 AM
Before some month my elder brother told me about the bitcoin.he told me that it is cryptocurrency and it's price increasing everyday.And he also told me to invest in to the bitcoin.so I start my research about bitcoin.First of all I search on Google and then watch video on instagram.then I joined one WhatsApp group of Bitcoin.And then I joined the Bitcoin forum.And still I get knowledge about the bitcoins from forum.so it's the jorny of my cryptowold Grin Wink
Activity: 686
Merit: 146
October 31, 2017, 09:16:25 AM
Last month my friends told me about bitcoin, I heard all about of bitcoin from them. They told me that bitcoin is the best way earning money. Bitcoin is a crypto currency which help us to earn money. They told me that you have to do some work by step to step before the earning money.

It's good that your friend said that you have to work step-by-step first before getting to earn money. A misconception of bitcoin is that it's the ticket to wealth and an easy way to get rich but there's really no easy way. Sure, bitcoin allows you to earn but everyone has to work hard for that.

As for me, it's quite similar because I first learned about bitcoin from my friends who also taught me how to earn from it. They have also taught me how step-by-step first.
Jump to: