Pages:
Author

Topic: How did you first hear about bitcoin? - page 16. (Read 104307 times)

Activity: 107
Merit: 14
February 01, 2018, 05:05:57 AM
The first time I heard Bitcoin because of bitcoin ransomware, I went to Baidu and searched for everything about it. I thought it was a new type of digital currency that was of great use and would have a very promising future.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
February 01, 2018, 04:58:57 AM
Hi There,

I hope you all are doing well!

I've first heard about bitcoin through my friend. When I got knowledge about bitcoin the price was around INR 60000 per coin. I thought to purchase it but I couldn't dare to purchase it. But now I got the dare to purchase the coin but the price now is around INR 150000.

Thank you!

Managed Service Provider
Activity: 14
January 31, 2018, 02:32:05 AM
I first learned about Bitcoin in 2011. I remained skeptical / doubtful that it would amount to anything until the Cyprus bubble of 2013 after which I started to really dig in to it.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
January 30, 2018, 03:17:54 PM
Two years ago I saw a video on YouTube about bitcoin. I asked my friend if he knows anything about this. I was surprised to find out that my friend already had some purchased bitcoins
Activity: 462
Merit: 252
January 30, 2018, 03:16:32 PM
The first time i heard about bitcoin when was i was watching a law series by the name of the Good wife in which they were trying to prosecute someone as they had thought that this person was the real creator of bitcoins.I never thought about bitcoins again until this word kept on being mentioned that's when i actually started  research and find out exactly what it was and  why this new form of doing business and transactions was causing so may feathers especially in the financial sector to get ruffled.
Activity: 207
Merit: 2
January 30, 2018, 02:58:05 PM
the first time I heard this bitcoin from my front companion, who had known this bitcoin for a long time, once told about this bitcoin I was immediately intrigued, because I wanted to enter or work independently and have lots of time with my family, for now I am still studying in this bitcoin, and I already get the results of this bitcoin although still a little, for the future I will continue to learn and always find out samoai what I aspire of this bitcoin materialized. I always think positive.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 257
January 30, 2018, 02:07:03 PM
I read about bitcoin on a forum and completely by accident then I started searching more about it and I end up here now Smiley
Early I knew bitcoin from some of my friends who have long used it, and after I see the results of my friend during the bitcoin of my friend's economic life changed and the end I was interested to learn and understand it .. and finally my friend taught about bitcoin and profitability that will be in get and end I joined in this forum .. over time I really like and finally my life changed after enjoy the results and until now bitcoin has become my routine activity to always earn income ..
Activity: 29
January 30, 2018, 01:48:50 PM
I first heard about bitcoins from my friend in 2013, he tried to convince me to invest in manning, i didn't believed him.  Cry
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
January 30, 2018, 01:47:19 PM

I first heard about bitcoin from a friend who taught me a faucet to get bitcoin. and that's where I get to know what bitcoin is
Activity: 70
Merit: 3
January 30, 2018, 01:34:41 PM
I've read the following The Economist article back in June 2011:
https://www.economist.com/blogs/babbage/2011/06/virtual-currency

I've even tried to mine back then, but my laptop was way too shitty.  Cry Cry Cry
copper member
Activity: 294
January 30, 2018, 01:31:50 PM
The bitcoin currency i came to know while doing a online shopping. Later om i searched for that on google where i came to know more about bitcoin investment. It was quite interesting which made me more curious about bitcoin
Activity: 699
Merit: 438
January 30, 2018, 01:19:40 PM
I do first hear about Bitcoin thru Facebook post. Some were claiming that they would be a millionaire eventually thru Bitcoin that lead my curiosity.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
January 30, 2018, 06:06:49 AM
Yeah I first heard / read about Bitcoin from a newspaper article and then around a year later a friend sent me one of my first bitcoins

when i first heard about bitcoin is very risky and unbelievable...just like my friend she is the first who known about bitcoin,when she got become member of bitcoin i never believe it that she got a salary that is amazing and all of his friends is envying and me also...and then we tell to her that we would like also to join bitcoin she teach us what to do and suddenly i proud to tell that i am a member now later on im a successful full member...
Activity: 972
Merit: 255
Bear season or just the beginning
January 30, 2018, 05:59:16 AM
I heard it already even during the early days. I only started buying bitcoin when it was already a bit popular and some of my friends also trading it.
Activity: 9
January 30, 2018, 05:49:01 AM
I heard it on some Tech vlogger's YouTube video a few years back.
Activity: 149
January 30, 2018, 05:26:08 AM
I heard through my exboss. Funnily he did not get into it. I am now the one trying to sell it to him. Lol
Activity: 9
January 30, 2018, 05:20:59 AM
I first heard bitcoin through a friend online
They want to sell their own bitcoin digging
From there I learned and knew bitcoin  Grin
Activity: 86
January 30, 2018, 02:56:15 AM
Last year when i was browsing on youtube i heard about bitcoin. Then i read many articles and news paper to know what is bitcoin.
Activity: 74
January 30, 2018, 02:46:36 AM
First time i heard about bitcoin from news, last year Ransomware wannacry hackers asked bitcoin to solve ransomware attack. Then i browse on internet to know what is bitcoin.
Activity: 100
January 30, 2018, 02:45:51 AM
the first time I heard about bitcoin was in March 2013.

I knew some basic economics and basic computer science. Here is the exact article where I first heard about bitcoin. I believe that there is only three concepts that you need to know that makes bitcoin interesting:

You can't have a currency that uses something that is not rare.
Computers are very good at copying things.
If no one is in direct control of something then everyone using it is in control of it.
I recognised these things and was fascinated, immediately and began mining. I'm not saying I understood everything about it, it took me a good 2 months to actually understand how it worked. In this time I would constantly referred back to the white paper and try to make sense of it.

I am very invested in the success of bitcoin now and it scares me... maybe beyond want I am willing to accept.  Smiley Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: