Pages:
Author

Topic: How long could bitcoin last? - page 38. (Read 23198 times)

Activity: 910
Merit: 523
July 16, 2017, 09:36:14 AM
Bitcoin will completely worthless and consider as the end of bitcoin if;
- the nodes crash, or bitcoin can be hacked easily due to bugs inside the nodes.
- internet connection just disappear due to nuclear war (maybe) and electronics gone as well.
- most countries ban bitcoin, anyone who use/have bitcoin will be in jail.
- no one support bitcoin anymore, there is no demand at all.

There's is no certain answer, when exactly it will happen because we don't know what the future brings to us.
We can say, none of those points could happen unless for number 1 which is make current price drop like crazy, but not cause bitcoin worthless obviously. We will see how bitcoin could survive through this problems, it just matter of time.
Activity: 700
Merit: 275
July 16, 2017, 09:34:15 AM
As of right now, the bitcoin price is expected to keep going up in the next 20 years. But can it last that long? I believe it's possible. But can't it crash at a random time? Like the price going down hard.

I also think like you. I still believe Bitcoin will increase in the future but I'm always worried someday it will go away, this can happen. But that is the future so no one knows what will happen. So now we should still make money from it

To be honest people are just panicked about the current situation and why they wouldn't be as they have put lots of money into it. I'm pretty sure bitcoin will last more than that as investors won't be tired of investing into it no matter what. Big alpha companies will keep forming to produce beta results and so on.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 293
July 16, 2017, 09:32:53 AM
As of right now, the bitcoin price is expected to keep going up in the next 20 years. But can it last that long? I believe it's possible. But can't it crash at a random time? Like the price going down hard.
In my opinion bitcoin could last long because bitcoin is just on the beginning there are things might happen. As long as crypto community have a support and continue using it on their daily transaction it will not perish. Yeah, I know that it is falling now but, its just temporary and it will come back with a higher value. Bitcoin will last forever and it has a possibility to became a new way of payment aside from fiat.
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
July 16, 2017, 09:24:13 AM
My guess is that Bitcoin may last another 30-35 years (i.e up to 2050), with the peak exchange rates reaching somewhere in 2025-2030. The Bitcoin exchange rates will act similar to the share prices of tech stocks during the Dot Com Boom of the 1990s.
If such forecasts are only a few dozen years, then what can happen with Bitcoin? The fact is that if we compare Bitcoin in Gold, then gold still has its value that will be valued for all ages. Not only for years. But what you are predicting and for Bitcoin is that its value is simply gone.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
July 16, 2017, 09:17:11 AM
My guess is that Bitcoin may last another 30-35 years (i.e up to 2050), with the peak exchange rates reaching somewhere in 2025-2030. The Bitcoin exchange rates will act similar to the share prices of tech stocks during the Dot Com Boom of the 1990s.
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
July 16, 2017, 09:01:58 AM
Bitcoin may or may not last. It is for now the only truly viable decentralised global payment network. Until another cryptocurrency gains enough real-world usage to compete, I think Bitcoin will last - despite the atrocious politicking and power plays plaguing the space.
legendary
Activity: 3094
Merit: 1127
July 16, 2017, 08:42:00 AM
I think no one knows how long will bitcoin last. But I think, as long as there are people who benefit from cryto and as long as people finds it useful for them especially with investments, Bitcoin will last for a long period of time. We'll just pray for more of crypto's success in the near future.
No one really knows since no human being could able to predict the future of all things specially on crypto. Even guessing the price of bitcoins movements is already hard for us how much more on when would bitcoin die and you are correct as long there are people do use bitcoin it would really live no matte what because bitcoin is still circulating., as long theres demand it wont dies easily for sure.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 556
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
July 16, 2017, 08:32:25 AM
I think no one knows how long will bitcoin last. But I think, as long as there are people who benefit from cryto and as long as people finds it useful for them especially with investments, Bitcoin will last for a long period of time. We'll just pray for more of crypto's success in the near future.

i think the same as you, because people don't thinking like that, they only thinking the bitcoin benefits for them and how much they can make money from bitcoin. for them, bitcoin is a way to make money and as long as bitcoin still exist, they can still make money and not to worried about anything. beside that, they still believe bitcoin and they still using bitcoin.
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
July 16, 2017, 08:27:52 AM
The current down in the price of Bitcoin may results into down your confidence of the btc future in your opinion .
The best thing for you is that you should see at its quality not the quantity . Bitcoin was better thing and also Bitcoin is better thing because the most of the user of the virtual currency are using Bitcoin and using another coins at the exchange for trading purpose only .
And currently the news about the  fork of the Bitcoin at 1 August showing what the Bitcoin team is thinking to make Bitcoin for the future . Here new experiment in the Bitcoin network will make the Bitcoin more easy to use , I mean can be use by unlimited numbers of the people easily in the future .
So I think 20 years is a very small time period for the Bitcoin age . May be we can consider the 100 year atleast to remain in the market .
Activity: 644
Merit: 263
July 16, 2017, 08:23:56 AM
Surely it will go up and down in between which is pretty true statement. It has got all he reasons to go down depending on the market situation. The best example is happening right now that is segwit2x split and you are experiencing dramatic downward situation for now. In the time which will come afterwards will have upward moment ones the issues are solved. This is all about market, investors and projects related to bitcoin. We should be stable ourselves in such situation and wait for bitcoin to recover by itself. This process will keep happening and may go forever.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 504
July 16, 2017, 08:15:38 AM
Bitcoin is like the U.S dollar at the moment where all other altcoins are pegged to the price of Bitcoin. Also Bitcoin was the very first blockchain ledger so even as an historical artifact, Bitcoin may still be valuable as an investment far into the future. I think it might be around for at least another 50-100 years.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
July 16, 2017, 08:08:15 AM

The fact there are still a lot newcomers or investors engaging in this industry. Means more money will rotate at the market. Fluctuation of prices is part of this industry and we cant do about that. At some point the price of btc will eventually crash but I think that wont affect the status of btc in the market. What I mean is that it will still be visible at the market unlike any other players, once they crashed they banished.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
July 16, 2017, 04:33:55 AM
Activity: 1148
Merit: 300
July 16, 2017, 02:59:25 AM
No body can't say or assume the life line of a currency, so it is not possible to predict how could last Bitcoin?
from my perspective, Bitcoin has gained a large ground of the virtual monetary platform, Bitcoin has gained huge value in the recent years especially in the recent months, so I believe that Bitcoin will last a long time, at least another 30 years.

yes you are so right.there is no prediction on it.on how long it will last.but as of now many bitcoin user believe that the value of bitcoin will continue to rise. I think if it will be banned it is possible if the price is dragging down.but nobody knows when is that time.but if it should be perish ..i think we will count a decade on that.
Activity: 284
July 15, 2017, 04:33:09 PM
No body can't say or assume the life line of a currency, so it is not possible to predict how could last Bitcoin?
from my perspective, Bitcoin has gained a large ground of the virtual monetary platform, Bitcoin has gained huge value in the recent years especially in the recent months, so I believe that Bitcoin will last a long time, at least another 30 years.

I also think that between 20 and 30 bitcoins will exist. If you certainly survive the split of the network. It worries me very much. I do not want to get a few dead currencies. I like to use bitcoin
Activity: 826
Merit: 529
July 15, 2017, 02:24:48 PM
Activity: 504
July 15, 2017, 01:39:56 PM
Now is the right time to buy bitcoin because the price goes down and keep it for a while until the price goes back up, then sell it back if you think you've made a profit, it seems this week bitcoin price will also rise, though not as much as a few weeks ago.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 783
Burpaaa
July 15, 2017, 12:13:30 PM
Honestly, nobody can really tell what will be the fate of bitcoin. It won't last a lifetime not unless it will be acknowledged throughout the world as a currency and that every country will use and treat it like our traditional currency. But to answer the question if it will reach 20 more years, that my friend is everyone's wishful thinking. We really do hope it lasts more than that but really, nobody can ever tell.
I agree with your statement. Nobody can really tell what will happen to bitcoin since it is future that we're talking about. However, We can still hope for the better of bitcoin that it will last for at least ten years or more.

We can't say exactly how long Bitcoin will last, but we know it will last for a long time yet. Since it was created, Bitcoin was made in a solid way conquering the trust of many investors, also big investors and rich people that are already in Crypto-Currency world because Bitcoin inspired them. Some problems in the middle of way make our confidence weaker, but I'm sure Bitcoin will overcome everything in the end.

It will recover guys, it started having a small amount upto big amount this past few months ,so believes that it will rise again. The number of users were increasing so it can be a help for it to increase. Let's think of it as a opportunity to buy and save more btc until it goes high again.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 525
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
July 15, 2017, 11:36:00 AM
Honestly, nobody can really tell what will be the fate of bitcoin. It won't last a lifetime not unless it will be acknowledged throughout the world as a currency and that every country will use and treat it like our traditional currency. But to answer the question if it will reach 20 more years, that my friend is everyone's wishful thinking. We really do hope it lasts more than that but really, nobody can ever tell.
I agree with your statement. Nobody can really tell what will happen to bitcoin since it is future that we're talking about. However, We can still hope for the better of bitcoin that it will last for at least ten years or more.

We can't say exactly how long Bitcoin will last, but we know it will last for a long time yet. Since it was created, Bitcoin was made in a solid way conquering the trust of many investors, also big investors and rich people that are already in Crypto-Currency world because Bitcoin inspired them. Some problems in the middle of way make our confidence weaker, but I'm sure Bitcoin will overcome everything in the end.
Activity: 784
Merit: 135
DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization
July 15, 2017, 11:29:03 AM
Pages:
Jump to: