Pages:
Author

Topic: How long could bitcoin last? - page 40. (Read 23198 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 251
July 13, 2017, 08:21:47 PM
As of right now, the bitcoin price is expected to keep going up in the next 20 years. But can it last that long? I believe it's possible. But can't it crash at a random time? Like the price going down hard.

Bitcoin has huge potential in the long run i think it can increase it price. Although bitcoin has the potential there will a day when its price will drop low but of course it will rise again it is because the price of cryptocurrency is not that stable yet
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
July 13, 2017, 08:06:51 PM
not sure it will crash because of the volume of people believing in it!

We will need to wait till 1st Aug to find out if the prices will gain or start dipping it. This could be turning point as many fear that prices is set to crash . Let's wait and hope the best.

Thats true for now we just need to wait for the possible outcome on august 1, a lot of people are now selling on panic this is the reason why the price are still dump. Lets hope for the best and believe on bitcoin the price will surely soar high.
Activity: 924
Merit: 260
July 13, 2017, 04:30:33 PM
Bitcoin is going to last very long because it still at an infancy stage and 70% of the world populace did not know about bitcoin and others cryptocurrency. The price may be fluctuating time to time but I expect the price to get to $10,000 before the year 2020.
Activity: 122
Merit: 10
July 13, 2017, 04:09:08 PM
I think, it will be like 2 decades, before it will disappear
Activity: 752
Merit: 501
July 13, 2017, 03:57:52 PM
As long as mining is profitable and the costs are reasonable, if we keep going like this then it wont last for another 8 years, imagine how many miners will be needed to mine by the next 2 halving? would you buy 100 ASICs to mine half a Bitcoin in a week?

Lots of people would buy 100 ASICs to mine half a Bitcoin in a week, if the price of one Bitcoin was $100,000...

It really all depends on the price of Bitcoin. Without the price rising, mining will indeed become less profitable. At some point there would be no more miners. We need to make sure companies continue to accept Bitcoin in order to grow the price at the same rate, or greater than the increase in difficulty!
copper member
Activity: 1330
Merit: 899
🖤😏
July 13, 2017, 03:53:28 PM
As long as mining is profitable and the costs are reasonable, if we keep going like this then it wont last for another 8 years, imagine how many miners will be needed to mine by the next 2 halving? would you buy 100 ASICs to mine half a Bitcoin in a week?
Activity: 720
Merit: 500
July 13, 2017, 12:16:25 PM
It is not volatile is it?
Bitcoin price is never been stable, It can go up or go low no one knows.
Nothing can go always up, But I wish that Bitcoin keep raising. But, We can help the Bitcoin to become stable and the strongest e-currency in the world (still it is the strongest one) but we want it to be adopted by everyone.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 557
July 13, 2017, 12:09:54 PM
not sure it will crash because of the volume of people believing in it!

We will need to wait till 1st Aug to find out if the prices will gain or start dipping it. This could be turning point as many fear that prices is set to crash . Let's wait and hope the best.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025
July 13, 2017, 12:02:10 PM
As of right now, the bitcoin price is expected to keep going up in the next 20 years. But can it last that long? I believe it's possible. But can't it crash at a random time? Like the price going down hard.
What make you to expect for next 20 years and not 200 years ? It seems complete irrelevant. Because to mine out all 21 million bitcoins we many need another 120 years. Till then we can expect there will be increasing demand for bitcoins and even after 21 million bitcoins get mined out demand may persist as new business and new adopters may create continuous demand.

When there will be some demand, there will be higher chances to last till then. Bitcoin will last till human survive in this planet.
Activity: 756
Merit: 505
July 13, 2017, 11:48:43 AM
To many contradictions i don't know what i willanswer because you already answered your question the ask again.
In bitcoin we don't know even the analyst cant be sure about its existence and how long it will be .the price fluctuation is normal andwe need to wait until bitcoins are out of supply or stop mining then, we can start speculating again.
I don't think the miners can stop from mining if this is the one that helping the bitcoin in the first place. Maybe if they dump too much bitcoin i think this is the end if no one could ever mine them again, but i don't know if it will gonna happen since no one knows how to stop bitcoins either. I am expecting that bitcoin will be the next currency in the future.

Actually even if there is already 21,000,000 bitcoins mined already the miners can still continue to mine. If no one mined then the transactions we do will never be written on the blockchain. Miners do no mine bitcoins, if you haven't realized it yet, they are actually mining blocks! And the bitcoins they get are just reward for mining the block. So are fees we input, so in the end if all the bitcoins are already mined then they will mine for fees.
Activity: 980
Merit: 250
July 13, 2017, 11:42:18 AM
everyone is confused like me. what happen at 1st august night, what software launched and what is the behavior of BTC at that time. will it shoot up or bottom.
Activity: 504
July 13, 2017, 11:05:22 AM
There is a big possibility Bitcoin's price will crash down but I don't think it'll go down like what it was used to 3 years ago. It may decrease its price but I'm sure it'll try to reach another new ath by then after. I really hope bitcoin will last a long long time, it had helped a lot of people even people living in the third world country.
Activity: 532
Merit: 280
July 13, 2017, 10:17:12 AM
To many contradictions i don't know what i willanswer because you already answered your question the ask again.
In bitcoin we don't know even the analyst cant be sure about its existence and how long it will be .the price fluctuation is normal andwe need to wait until bitcoins are out of supply or stop mining then, we can start speculating again.
I don't think the miners can stop from mining if this is the one that helping the bitcoin in the first place. Maybe if they dump too much bitcoin i think this is the end if no one could ever mine them again, but i don't know if it will gonna happen since no one knows how to stop bitcoins either. I am expecting that bitcoin will be the next currency in the future.
Correct no miners stop ti mine until bitcoin is profitable, and i think also that bitcoin would not become worthless that is ehy i think bitcoin will exsist for long period of time. For now bitcoin are continuous adoption by more country and it will help to make life much stronger.
Activity: 2506
Merit: 368
July 13, 2017, 10:05:04 AM
Activity: 350
The Blockchain Evolution of Prediction Markets
July 13, 2017, 09:37:24 AM
Activity: 490
Merit: 262
privacy preserving smart contracts and beyond
July 13, 2017, 09:29:59 AM

Yes, it is still possible for bitcoin to exist even after 20 long years. But for bitcoin’s price to keep going up in the next 20 years at a fixed rate is very impossible. We all know how volatile crypto currencies are, their price is not fixed as well as the increase rate in the market. It will always fluctuate and just like what is currently happening, bitcoin’s price might suddenly go down.

It is also possible for bitcoin’s price to crash anytime especially if many users will sell. It is not just the bitcoin who has been going down, other crypto and tokens are also going down and I think that it is because of the news.
Activity: 350
July 13, 2017, 08:23:11 AM
Stop trying to bury bitcoin. Too early you do it. Bitcoin is now going through a modernization. You have to believe that after this bitcoin will become more convenient means not only of accumulation but also for trade. Once that happens bitcoin will rise quickly in price, and all who sold their coins will be very sorry.

They can keep blaming bitcoin, no problem with this. Bitcoin always gave a valid answer to these movements. And it will keep giving as well.
Activity: 406
Merit: 256
July 13, 2017, 07:58:25 AM
Stop trying to bury bitcoin. Too early you do it. Bitcoin is now going through a modernization. You have to believe that after this bitcoin will become more convenient means not only of accumulation but also for trade. Once that happens bitcoin will rise quickly in price, and all who sold their coins will be very sorry.
copper member
Activity: 840
Merit: 114
July 13, 2017, 07:14:54 AM
Is bitcoin going to last long? Will it continue to rise?
It is difficult to predict accurately. The bitcoin that exists is highly dependent on us. Demand for supply and demand determines its viability. If at any time people stop buying and selling bitcoin series, surely the price of bitcoin will drop dramatically. This is the time when bitcoin will die
in my opinion it will not be possible and it is very difficult in the detection or prediction on demand offer the user this is now very much a bitcoin in recent years and demand that bitcoin will continue to evolve, but your words are true if the request is bitcoin slightly declining prices and then we can see from here the bitcoin will start DIMS and disappears. but for how long we can not predictions.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
July 12, 2017, 10:35:50 PM
Short of catastrophic global events I'm pretty confident that Bitcoin is here to stay for a couple more decades. Question is whether it will stay relevant or return to a shadow existence in the weird corners of the internet.

I think bitcoin is here for the long haul. However it is currently strong now due to a lot of people getting on its track but as always bitcoin have its disadvantages and slowly being overtaken by other cryptocirrency such as ethernum which if taken on a specification level then ethernum is better than bitcoin but whatever the case maybe bitcoin is here to stay.

As long as we have computers and internet connections, we will have bitcoin. I am sure about that. The price of bitcoin will depend on many factors. High or low bitcoin will be here always.

Yes and as long as users are still here there will be the supply and demand that makes bitcoins last. And bitcoin has a far way to go, we're still in the early adaptation so better to expect more about bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: