Pages:
Author

Topic: How long could bitcoin last? - page 39. (Read 23198 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 500
July 14, 2017, 08:02:11 PM
It will last thru my lifetime at least, if it looks like the network is going to shutdown - I'll run a couple of nodes to keep it going.  Even if BTC were worthless by that point!
and to me i think bitcoin will continue from generation to generation. i am hopeful that bitcoin has a very bright future in fact it is the demand of the new generation therefore it has a very bright future .
I think bitcoin wasn't ended because many people accepted it as currencies. Because of them bitcoin will become in demand to different countries. Also, price of bitcoin in the market was still steady and continuously increasing. I
Activity: 490
July 14, 2017, 07:37:43 PM
It will last thru my lifetime at least, if it looks like the network is going to shutdown - I'll run a couple of nodes to keep it going.  Even if BTC were worthless by that point!
and to me i think bitcoin will continue from generation to generation. i am hopeful that bitcoin has a very bright future in fact it is the demand of the new generation, they are using bitcoin for their online business, they also using bitcoin for online shopping, i think as time pass the demand of for bitcoin will also increase and hope that a time will come when all the people of the world will be using. bitcoin.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
July 14, 2017, 05:58:53 PM
I hope bitcoin will last forever, the problem now of august 1 is a hinder to bitcoin to go up. But will eventually back to the original value but we dont know exactly when.
Activity: 630
Merit: 251
July 14, 2017, 05:55:57 PM
What are you asking? Are you asking if the price of BTC will forever rise?

Nobody knows. Nobody has a crystal ball. It will go up, it will go down. How long each leg will be up or down, nobody knows.

I think a lot like to think that BTC will rise, especially on this forum, let's wait and see.
I agree. There would be a lot of circumstances in terms o bitcoin but still I can feel that it will still last long. The growth of its populatity is rapidly rising which makes it more capable to exist and help those who are in need of finance. Maybe the exchange would take a long time, maybe it'll rise or fall but one thing is for sure. Bitcoin might be the most powerful digital currency.
yes no doubt that today no one is really aware of what will happen next or the price of the bitcoin will increase or decrease but my own thinking and the present situations says that bitcoin is increased in price and soon it will become more good with time so I think bitcoin is ever lasting and it will go high and high will never get down.
Activity: 209
July 14, 2017, 04:49:53 PM
It will last thru my lifetime at least, if it looks like the network is going to shutdown - I'll run a couple of nodes to keep it going.  Even if BTC were worthless by that point!
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
July 14, 2017, 04:36:23 PM
Honestly, nobody can really tell what will be the fate of bitcoin. It won't last a lifetime not unless it will be acknowledged throughout the world as a currency and that every country will use and treat it like our traditional currency. But to answer the question if it will reach 20 more years, that my friend is everyone's wishful thinking. We really do hope it lasts more than that but really, nobody can ever tell.
But we can conclude anything of future by evaluating the past performances. This is the simple method being used everywhere of predicting futures are demanded. So far bitcoin must be performing as per expectations of financial as well technical experts. So, we may expect this trend to continue in coming years too.

This way we may assume bitcoin may last till planet earth survives and if human become interstellar then we can expect bitcoins to last even after this earth too.
Activity: 756
July 14, 2017, 11:29:23 AM
Bitcoin is going to last very long because it still at an infancy stage and 70% of the world populace did not know about bitcoin and others cryptocurrency. The price may be fluctuating time to time but I expect the price to get to $10,000 before the year 2020.

Well, indeed all users have hopes that bitcoin is going to die in a very long time or if it could not die. Because that's something we innately, so everything to do with an analysis of the existing data. Because there is not a great advantage which can be obtained without reading the data correctly, so it's an advantage that comes from we want to work hard in seeing before doing something. Be someone who is smart and not too stupid in analyzing

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
July 14, 2017, 11:10:29 AM
As of right now, the bitcoin price is expected to keep going up in the next 20 years. But can it last that long? I believe it's possible. But can't it crash at a random time? Like the price going down hard.

I also think like you. I still believe Bitcoin will increase in the future but I'm always worried someday it will go away, this can happen. But that is the future so no one knows what will happen. So now we should still make money from it

To me, bitcoin isn't any particular coin. But it represents the changing phase in how coin actually works.
Earlier fees were negligible, bitcoin used to be different that time. Now prices are high, so it is different one. After 1st August, we will have different bitcoin with different expectations. So in my views, rather then prices or value, bitcoin future depends upon its evolution. If coin continues to adapt with changing needs of people, it will sustain but where it would lack, there will it ends.
Activity: 318
July 14, 2017, 10:54:24 AM
As of right now, the bitcoin price is expected to keep going up in the next 20 years. But can it last that long? I believe it's possible. But can't it crash at a random time? Like the price going down hard.

I also think like you. I still believe Bitcoin will increase in the future but I'm always worried someday it will go away, this can happen. But that is the future so no one knows what will happen. So now we should still make money from it
Activity: 546
Merit: 256
July 14, 2017, 10:29:41 AM

Nobody knows. Nobody has a crystal ball. It will go up, it will go down. How long each leg will be up or down, nobody knows.

I think a lot like to think that BTC will rise, especially on this forum, let's wait and see.
I agree. There would be a lot of circumstances in terms o bitcoin but still I can feel that it will still last long. The growth of its populatity is rapidly rising which makes it more capable to exist and help those who are in need of finance. Maybe the exchange would take a long time, maybe it'll rise or fall but one thing is for sure. Bitcoin might be the most powerful digital currency.

With it's many people using and investing on bitcoin, I think there are no way that bitcoin will be lost that easily. Bitcoin will last long as there is digital currencies and upcoming digital currencies. Even if bitcoin was having a lot of dump, it will always have a point where it will have a pump. I think even I die 3 times, bitcoin will be always there.
Activity: 404
Merit: 252
July 14, 2017, 10:25:58 AM
I believe that blockchain will be the major technology behind our next gen currencies off credits. If Bitcoin takes the lead in changing everyone's cash. I don't think so. Major powers will never allow that. The technology yes that will keep evolving and our future money will be based on the blockchain.

No one can predict for sure. I can just predict that Blockchain and Bitcoin are great inventions.
Activity: 364
July 14, 2017, 10:22:41 AM
Honestly, nobody can really tell what will be the fate of bitcoin. It won't last a lifetime not unless it will be acknowledged throughout the world as a currency and that every country will use and treat it like our traditional currency. But to answer the question if it will reach 20 more years, that my friend is everyone's wishful thinking. We really do hope it lasts more than that but really, nobody can ever tell.
Activity: 728
Merit: 254
July 14, 2017, 10:07:21 AM

Activity: 574
Merit: 267
" Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back "
July 14, 2017, 01:35:49 AM

I believe and I hope that Bitcoin would last until the time that there are people still participating. But we can't  predict the future. Maybe the time comes that it will finally gone. But maybe there is other currency that may arise. Maybe its better than bitcoin.
Activity: 770
Bazinga!
July 14, 2017, 01:25:50 AM
As long as mining is profitable and the costs are reasonable, if we keep going like this then it wont last for another 8 years, imagine how many miners will be needed to mine by the next 2 halving? would you buy 100 ASICs to mine half a Bitcoin in a week?

Mining could maintain profitable or not. But the lasting time of bitcoin is not directly dependent on mining. The usage and demand are much more important.

I think  this question is now more important and significant as how long will bitcoin will last in its original form or are we splitting it up making two chains and creating a whole lot of confusions. I hope soft fork is activated and there is no two chains of bitcoins. If this happens bitcoin price will rise to nearly the double, making it good for everyone.

bitcoin stopped being in its original form a very long time ago! what we know as bitcoin today is different from what Satoshi created. it has evolved, there are so many fixes, so many improvements so many additions,...
and it will never end. it should never end actually. bitcoin needs to evolve and adapt with the future like any other system.
and we are not splitting bitcoin, some group of people wanting to take over bitcoin and possibly even kill it (government conspiracy or banks) are trying to do it.

and with bitcoin i really don't think 2 chains can last. there will only be 1 bitcoin that can gain the support and economical value.
Activity: 966
Merit: 506
July 13, 2017, 10:52:47 PM
As long as mining is profitable and the costs are reasonable, if we keep going like this then it wont last for another 8 years, imagine how many miners will be needed to mine by the next 2 halving? would you buy 100 ASICs to mine half a Bitcoin in a week?

Mining could maintain profitable or not. But the lasting time of bitcoin is not directly dependent on mining. The usage and demand are much more important.

I think  this question is now more important and significant as how long will bitcoin will last in its original form or are we splitting it up making two chains and creating a whole lot of confusions. I hope soft fork is activated and there is no two chains of bitcoins. If this happens bitcoin price will rise to nearly the double, making it good for everyone.
Activity: 308
July 13, 2017, 10:48:34 PM

Indeed. As long as there are users there will be demand and supply and bitcoin still lasts.
We never know when but bitcoin will lasts.
Activity: 350
July 13, 2017, 10:06:35 PM

Activity: 672
Merit: 253
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
July 13, 2017, 09:48:27 PM
I do not think anyone knows how long the bitcoin will last. But I hope bitcoin can last for a long time. Because bitcoin is a transaction tool that uses the internet network and that can make it easier for us to buy what we want without having to bring real money. This can give us a sense of security that we get. But if we see a lot of its benefits in getting I think many are interested in using bitcoin as a means of payment. Let alone for remittances with enormous value. This can give a very strong sense of security. So that business people can invest in bitcoin. And can make bitcoin survive in the long run
copper member
Activity: 1330
Merit: 899
🖤😏
July 13, 2017, 08:37:40 PM

Lots of people would buy 100 ASICs to mine half a Bitcoin in a week, if the price of one Bitcoin was $100,000...

It really all depends on the price of Bitcoin. Without the price rising, mining will indeed become less profitable. At some point there would be no more miners. We need to make sure companies continue to accept Bitcoin in order to grow the price at the same rate, or greater than the increase in difficulty!
But why keep the thing going with so much costs? one could fork Bitcoin(copy paste) it and start another coin, what happens if the electricity needed to mine half a coin was enough to feed a city for 5 hours then for 24 hours, do you really think people would go that far? I don't and I think Bitcoin needs to have it's own alt coins, built as layers on top of it and each requiring a different kind of hardware to mine, how are alts working right now, they are working right? now I'm saying lets have them for ourselves instead of giving this opportunity to shady developers to have their own coins, Bitcoin could turn into the mother coin only with nodes to validate transactions just like ETH, I don't know when Core devs and if they have any plans for this?
Pages:
Jump to: