Pages:
Author

Topic: How to be contented on what you have? - page 21. (Read 9331 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 11
November 11, 2017, 06:56:05 AM
Honestly people cannot be contented on what they already have. In order to be contented on what do have is think of people without anything to eat or to buy something, even water to drink. But these things is not enough fo us to become contented. But if we wanted, lets go back to God, and thanks him for everything he gave us. That would be enough for us to be contented.
Activity: 714
Merit: 16
November 11, 2017, 06:41:53 AM
Going with your topic, in Economics we have what we call scale of preference and opportunity cost these two are two important things that can help you a lot in being choosy about things, for more knowledge you can read more on it. About contentment you have to deal with it personally, work on yourself, define what you really want in Life and stay put on these
Activity: 154
John 3:16/John 14:6
November 11, 2017, 06:28:31 AM
Contentment was defined in some dictionary as "the state of being mentally or emotionally satisfied with things as they are.” in Bible it says;"I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. 13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me". (Philippians 4:12-13), The Bible great deals with CONTENTMENT with SATISFACTION be contented for who we are, to what we have, to we have become, to where we are now. In Ecclesiastes 5:10 "He who loves money will not be satisfied with money, nor he who loves wealth with his income; this also is vanity." Trust God in any ways, be satisfied, be contented because if we Worry about something or anything then it means we don't trust God. Be thankful always whatever we have, whatever it happens always be thankful to God.
Activity: 462
Merit: 102
November 11, 2017, 05:01:31 AM
As I observed myself it looks like I never stop on planning to buy new things that I dont have yet.

In order to be truly contented with what you have, you have to see the value with everything you have. Simple as that. You tend to buy more things because you don't value the things you already have. You become an impulsive shopper.
Activity: 556
Merit: 250
November 11, 2017, 04:20:53 AM
how to be contented i think just to be thankful what you have and be happy learn how to be satisfy
Yes you are rigth just be thankful for what you have and be satisfied with what you have.  That is a very important just be contented.
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
November 11, 2017, 02:48:02 AM
how to be contented i think just to be thankful what you have and be happy learn how to be satisfy
Activity: 378
November 10, 2017, 06:48:21 PM
To be contented from what we have is that when we want to have that thing or person but we cant afford or have it , but somehow to be contented from what we have right now is a blessing already given by God to us we need to take it for granted because some people might not have it or they have what you need but you dont have it.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
The Future Of Work
November 10, 2017, 02:41:36 PM
Just think for your life that you are lucky enough to be born okay.Some are born blind,deaf mute,or physically handicapped.There are more people that are more miserable than you.Some are much more unfortunate than you.Some who are on the streets no home,food,family.Be thankful you are not them.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 335
November 10, 2017, 04:31:03 AM
As I observed myself it looks like I never stop on planning to buy new things that I dont have yet.

I think you should go to an outreach program. There you can see families and people who are unfortunate, and are lucky enough to be visited by NGOs for food and supplies. This way you will be able to see and value what you already have.
Activity: 406
CRYPTOBLADES Octoblades 10.10
November 10, 2017, 02:15:00 AM
To be contented with what you have first, you got to have positive disposition in life take a look at what you have, your status, your income and your situation in life. And learn to live within that means, enjoy what you have for the moment and strive hard for future.
Activity: 306
November 10, 2017, 12:34:32 AM
we should observe society around us. Although we complain always with what we have see how many people are suffering from various problems. If we have a place to live, food to eat and a family to be with we are blessed. It is true that we want to go up and change with society. but that change should not be a stress to our mind.
Activity: 84
November 10, 2017, 12:19:40 AM
I'm contented i have righ now, i have a lot of friends can buy things i want, can go to place i want. I'm contented in my simple life.
Activity: 60
Merit: 0
November 09, 2017, 11:36:49 PM
Being contented in life is make a simple living. Make peace with the past , be thankful and be happy.
Activity: 168
Merit: 11
November 09, 2017, 11:10:27 PM
control yourself.be thrifty.find the things about yourself that you are happy.find the little things that you can give simple joy.if you are content with yourself,you are more likely to be a good friend,partner,parent.you are more likely to be happy,and friendly and loving ,more likely to be as accepting of others aa you are of yourself.
Activity: 174
November 09, 2017, 10:01:14 PM
satisfied with what we have, will make our life become more calm, because I think, greed that make us feel difficult.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
November 09, 2017, 01:32:08 PM
unknown
Activity: 634
October 28, 2017, 03:24:24 AM
appreciating things with what you have, it is the key to be contented but being contented leads us to laziness. wanting better things for us gives us reason to strive harder to reach our goals in life.
Activity: 235
I-CHAIN - The Revolution of Digital Advertising
October 28, 2017, 03:09:40 AM
When you already accomplished what has to be done, and you're feeling the satisfaction with what happened.
Activity: 140
October 28, 2017, 03:04:07 AM

I think, the best way to be contented with what you have is simply wanting what you need and never caring about the things that others have. Seeing the world today, new things are just being released almost every month, and people are just buying and using it because it is new, but when you stop caring, then you will be contented.
Activity: 112
October 28, 2017, 02:27:49 AM
People are always setting up goals for themselves and the more cash they have the higher the goals become. I'll give you an example from my own life. When I was a kid i always saved money for computer parts. I remember setting up small goals for myself, like a printer or a new keyboard, but when I started to earn real money and didn't have to rely on my parents, my computer goals quickly grew. My old desk suddenly became too small to fit my new computer and then my room was too small and I moved to a bigger flat, and that became too small, so I moved to a house, and now my yard feels too small, I'd like to have 2x that to fit a swimming pool Cheesy

Yeah this is true. As we grow old, our need and wants grow too. When I was a child, I wish to have a bike and ask for my parents to buy me one. But as the year past and trends change every year, I have come up to a decision to buy a motorcycle. From a bike as a kid to a motor cycle as I grew up, it changes. And now I am thinking of buying a car so my family can ride with me. Maybe someday a helicopter ? haha
Pages:
Jump to: