Pages:
Author

Topic: How to find a good altcoin? - page 15. (Read 1181 times)

Activity: 254
Merit: 10
April 19, 2018, 07:52:26 PM
More than 90 % altcoin are scam. So be very careful. Do you know how to find a good altcoin?
In my opinion, the team of a project is very important in the success of an altcoin project. because although there is a good idea, without a team running the roadmap, for me it will be useless. so find a team that really can work well able to build everything like technology, marketing and others.
Activity: 238
Merit: 33
April 19, 2018, 07:46:57 PM
We do have a lot of criterias on choosing the a good project or good ICO/Altcoins but for me I choose a altcoin with this criteria below:
1. The use of the coin.
2. The projects whitepaper (If it's possible or it's just a dream)
3. The legitimacy of every team so if the project ended up being a scam you should know the name of the members (But make sure that it's really them)
4. The roadmap, If they achieve it on time
5. An update for their meetings from time to time (Providing pictures, videos, etc.)
6. Do your own research, find some reviews online etc.

Well this is just what I'm looking for whenever I invest into altcoins/ICO's. This is not guaranteed though because sometimes even they meet my standards they ended up being a scam.

Conclusion: Investing to projects is risky even we set a high requirements/criteria it may ended up being a scam because the scammers are also evolving, how they will get participants, detailed whitepaper, roadmap, etc. so invest only what you can afford to lose.
Activity: 700
Merit: 117
April 19, 2018, 07:34:40 PM
More than 90 % altcoin are scam. So be very careful. Do you know how to find a good altcoin?
Ohh, such huge percentage really give doubts to the people to  invest in crypto but I don't think that it is correct. I may think that all coins listed in different exchanger isn't scam, and considering their numbers it could be possible that it is more than 10% legit as you have said.
Maybe we can say that 90% ICOs are scam not altcoins.
Activity: 1065
Merit: 510
April 19, 2018, 07:25:52 PM
Just to ad my grain of salt.

Not saying you should do it, on the contrary i believe that such projects should be avoided and certainly not supported by the community as it harms it all at once.

That said.

A scammy altcoin doesnt mean you can't get some profit out of it.

Bitconnet was a huge ponzi scam, everybody knew it.

But still tons of people made a LOT of money with it.

If you're in it at the bad time ... well you just got ripped.

Not arguing for thoses moves, but it happens to  Wink/
You are absolutely right! There are really some non-potential coins but if you did able to get in on earlier time and then suddenly rise up then it would really benefit you as an investor.Finding a good altcoin is somehow hard as an investor we do have that common goal but doesn't mean we should not look out into some coins which will really make some profits,even though it is not good for long term but though considerable for shorter terms.
Activity: 1442
Merit: 106
April 19, 2018, 07:23:05 PM
several checks have been carried out on how to determine real altcoins which is offcourse the coin on ico. they should be on the token market and also they should be on ico rating websites as they have a way of checking before publishing them.
Activity: 203
April 19, 2018, 07:20:20 PM
The best and easiest way to find good altcoin is to look at the chart of top altcoins. In top altcoins chart we can see those altcoins who are best in stability because of their technology that has good functions and purposes in the community. Those top altcoins are proven and tested that they can stay and rise at the market. I prefer at ethereum, litecoin, neo, dash, ripple and monero for me they are the best to invest with.
Activity: 168
Merit: 0
April 19, 2018, 06:56:24 PM
-The project must have a clear purpose
-to have a sustainable project
-a strong and experienced team with a good name
-a real whitepaper-View and understand their roadmap
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
April 19, 2018, 06:45:47 PM
I think from the manager's first opinion whether it has a red trust or not and then seen from the results that will be obtained I think if that will be in large can be a scam.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
April 19, 2018, 06:38:33 PM
To find a decent asset or coin must look at the past of the project
If it is new project , take a look on team , must be strong with good background and passionate about the project , are they clear what they are doing or building ? , what are their strength , and then think are they reliable with that kind of project , Do a good research you will get the results , and take a look on Apex (cpx) , you will thank me later Wink
Activity: 808
Merit: 502
April 19, 2018, 06:30:13 PM
Just to ad my grain of salt.

Not saying you should do it, on the contrary i believe that such projects should be avoided and certainly not supported by the community as it harms it all at once.

That said.

A scammy altcoin doesnt mean you can't get some profit out of it.

Bitconnet was a huge ponzi scam, everybody knew it.

But still tons of people made a LOT of money with it.

If you're in it at the bad time ... well you just got ripped.

Not arguing for thoses moves, but it happens to  Wink/
Activity: 504
Merit: 102
April 19, 2018, 06:26:13 PM
Were did you get that percentage about 90% of altcoin are scam for us we know. Well, due to some ICO flooding in a blockchain some of altcoins are scam by knowing good altcoin first you have to search there website , whitepaper to gather some infos that signify the creadibilty of project as well.
Activity: 182
Merit: 7
Block chain enthusiast
April 19, 2018, 06:14:06 PM
This is my procedure.

1. Check the quality of website
2. Check the white paper
3. Check the team and their Linkdin profiles
4. Check whether the token distribution is fair or not
5. Check the code in github.
6. Check whether the project have a working prototype of the product.
7. Check whether the blockchain is  essential to the project or not.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 576
April 19, 2018, 06:12:43 PM
I choose only those altcoins who are actively working on the development of their project and will report it on all resources.
What particular altcoin is that, as for me, I have already choosen some coins, my biggest investment is on TRX while
I also put on ADA, ADEX, and the new one who just pump up right now which is PUNDIX.
Activity: 1750
Merit: 369
April 19, 2018, 06:03:36 PM
Hype amount-max supply. Circulation supply and  teknologhy. You should look this thing.
Activity: 336
April 19, 2018, 06:02:28 PM
There are currently many ICO scam campaigns, which are followed by altcoins that are not worth the cryptocurrencies in the market. So to find a good altcoin, you need to analyze in detail the potential of the project, the project team and, in particular, the country in which it was created, the purpose and potential of the ICO, etc. There are many factors, and you need to find out to avoid altcoins and ICO scam.
Activity: 336
April 19, 2018, 05:56:07 PM
I choose only those altcoins who are actively working on the development of their project and will report it on all resources.
Activity: 295
April 19, 2018, 05:54:53 PM
How to find good altcoins? I think top 10 of altcoins in trading site is secured to invest. Because is very active coin in trading site.
Activity: 280
The Operating System for DAOs
April 19, 2018, 05:51:01 PM

You have to do a lot of research in order to know what is a scam:

1. Look at the idea (does it make sense? if yes, go to point 2)
2. Look at the team (do they have linkedin profiles? are they legit? Do they have experience, that is needed is this area? If yes go to point 3
3. Look at the token metrics (how much are they raising? maybe they ask too much? If their hardcap is good go to point 4
4. Ask for a MVP
5. Read the whitepaper
6. Invest
Activity: 140
Merit: 13
April 19, 2018, 05:48:20 PM
You should be looking for top alt coins. They have a very good development and a strong community. They also have a huge trade volumes on reputed exchanges. Read the whitepaper. Good alt coins will offer good features. Shit alt coins are just clones of other coins.
Activity: 322
Merit: 20
April 19, 2018, 05:45:30 PM
Several rules to start with:

1. If you see a lot of bots spamming the forum with some coin, it is not what you are looking for, move along. That's not how a good marketing is done.
2. If you see tons of complimentary messages in a coin telegram group, but no lively discussion, make sure all who write these messages are not just bounty/airdrop participants who perform this task to get paid. Leave some of them a PM and ask whether they are investors or just bounty hunters. If none of them answers you, then they are probably bots, not real people. So move along again.
Pages:
Jump to: