Pages:
Author

Topic: How will this change the world of mining?? GTX 1080 / 1070 - page 25. (Read 134091 times)

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584
As the architecture of shaders is not changed much expected performance is near level of Hawaii with 2304 shader cores multiplied by core clock
If you expect 480 to be faster than Hawaii, then think again

I agree with that. According to the latest mining performance of the 480 RX, it is slower than the R9 390.

Although it is slower, it is more efficient. It depends on your electricity price. If it is high, it is better to use 480.

For the high electricity price people, they should not use graphics to mine. If they invest now, there will be no ROI.

The network hash rate is over 4000G now, that is almost 200,000 of AMD R9 280X/380X. The 480X will also be added.

I think half of that is the 280x or early graphics cards and half of them are the 390 or later graphics cards.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
As the architecture of shaders is not changed much expected performance is near level of Hawaii with 2304 shader cores multiplied by core clock

I agree with that. According to the latest mining performance of the 480 RX, it is slower than the R9 390.

Although it is slower, it is more efficient. It depends on your electricity price. If it is high, it is better to use 480.

For the high electricity price people, they should not use graphics to mine. If they invest now, there will be no ROI.

The network hash rate is over 4000G now, that is almost 200,000 of AMD R9 280X/380X. The 480X will also be added.
Activity: 312
Merit: 250
LTC fan 4ever

Activity: 309
Merit: 118

Activity: 693
Merit: 508

legendary
Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001
Activity: 130
Merit: 10

we'll I don't trust those screenshots, and furthermore not everyone is mining eth,...so waiting for a review for every other algo,...
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018
So what do you have to do in Win 7 64 to get a 1080 to mine? It either doesn't work or is .75Mh/s. Obviously the nvidia drivers or mining software isn't working with 1080. I've owned every graphics card made in the last 20 years and this is by FAR the fastest. There is no way it won't be an ETH mining monster once this shit is fixed.
legendary
Activity: 1537
Merit: 1005
I would prefer a card with 30+ Mhash as well Wink

You need to buy the 1070 or the R9 490. I am pretty sure the 490 will be faster than the 390 and consumes less.

I kind of hoped for 480 to deliver around 30 at stock Wink
390 is twice as expensive as 380, but producing only 1,5x more hashrate. Expecting the same from future 490.
Will be buying 480 for sure, as 1070 is too expensive for my taste.
Activity: 130
Merit: 10
Activity: 722

You need to buy the 1070 or the R9 490. I am pretty sure the 490 will be faster than the 390 and consumes less.
legendary
Activity: 1537
Merit: 1005
Activity: 882
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

It is just as good as my R9 nano. But its price is cheap if it is for sale at around $220. My nano is 2.5x price.
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051
ICO? Not even once.
undervolting is still possible without a mod, with amd, just use msi, dunno why nvidia do not have this, i guess there is another good software that let you undervolt with nvidia

maybe nvidia inspector

PrecisionX - if it works on non-EVGA cards.

Doesn't allow undervolting on ALL EVGA cards though - seems like the BIOS sets limits on which can and which can't.

I tried to use PrecisionX. But it does not allow non EVGA cards. So I do not use it, I only use the MSI afterburner or Trixx.

I doubt that's true though I don't use the new versions so I wouldn't know (I stopped upgrading Precision X when it started to only support up to 4 cards).

I use Precision X v4.2.1.2143 for years without issues and I don't have a single EVGA card.
legendary
Some people are already testing new Win10 build with WDDM 2.1 inside
... probably soon a driver will leak, but it seems there is  DX update (upto 12.1?), so probably running this driver on un-updated OS is not recommended
Activity: 532
Wait for the OEM or get from NVidia now?

It is better to wait. The extra hash you get now is less than the money you save from the cheap OEM cards.
Activity: 353
Merit: 250
Wait for the OEM or get from NVidia now?
Pages:
Jump to: