Pages:
Author

Topic: I have learnt my lessons - page 6. (Read 23562 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 10
December 30, 2018, 03:21:20 PM
It is never a good thing to sell hastily.
It is never a good thing to sell below ICO price.
It is not also good to sell at exactly the ICO price.
There were times sold when i was not supposed to sell. Just because of the excitement of receiving tokens through bounty participation and perhaps through airdrop, i was eager to cash out.
Most of the times i did this, i always found out that i later ran at loss, not considering my effort and the time spent in promoting such project.
I could have also had 2x and sometimes 10x the ICO price, but impatience made me to loose the opportunity.

My last experience was on a token i received. Mentioning the name will be of no use, but for crypto enthusiasts to also learn from my mistake. Ever since then, i have learnt to hold and this has been profitable to me.
No matter how you got your token or coin, always try and be patient enough to hold until you are in profit.
Hello! I totally agree with you. We must be patient. But do not forget that you do not need to be greedy. I think this year the market has taught us a lot of things.
Activity: 532
Merit: 151
December 30, 2018, 01:23:56 PM
I agree with all of your opinions especially we shouldn't sell every coin we get, most of the coins I sell their value increased after I sold them.
Activity: 434
December 30, 2018, 10:52:03 AM
Trader should be able to control emotions before decide about current trade. Maybe greed wouldn't let you to close position in green but it is just  matter of time to go back in red zone. In case of losing money traders need to cut losses in order to minimize possible risks.

For traders, the fall of the cryptocurrency market is not a bad time. You can also make good money on it. Especially if you know how to trade on arbitration.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
December 30, 2018, 10:48:16 AM
Well if this your first time in crypto and first time also to receive some bounty rewards and you see in the market that the price of the token you have was enough maybe you can sell it early but they have time you cannot hesitate to sell it because of your excited and need some money.

I think bounty rewards are meant to be sold early if you're a bounty hunter. Not all tokens you get from bounties will be placed in an exchange and if ever they do, price pumps and then drops back to ico price. So don't hesitate if you have the chance.
Activity: 672
Merit: 11
December 29, 2018, 07:28:25 PM
The main lesson that you could learn is that it is not necessary to work on a bear market, because it is not as profitable as it may seem at first glance.
Activity: 1386
Merit: 283
December 29, 2018, 07:25:31 PM
Well if this your first time in crypto and first time also to receive some bounty rewards and you see in the market that the price of the token you have was enough maybe you can sell it early but they have time you cannot hesitate to sell it because of your excited and need some money.
Activity: 322
Merit: 17
December 29, 2018, 06:18:19 PM
It's true, dear
Always rushing and tension are the cause of each loss
We must be patient and calm in order to achieve the profits we want.

Activity: 784
Merit: 500
December 29, 2018, 06:18:11 PM
Trader should be able to control emotions before decide about current trade. Maybe greed wouldn't let you to close position in green but it is just  matter of time to go back in red zone. In case of losing money traders need to cut losses in order to minimize possible risks.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000
December 29, 2018, 06:14:46 PM
It doesn't always help. You need to understand that there is also such a thing as greed and it is peculiar, especially when you sell coins and stay with a normal profit, but after a couple of days you see how the price of this coin has increased even more. But then again, that might not have happened.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 252
December 29, 2018, 06:04:29 PM
It is never a good thing to sell hastily.
It is never a good thing to sell below ICO price.
It is not also good to sell at exactly the ICO price.
There were times sold when i was not supposed to sell. Just because of the excitement of receiving tokens through bounty participation and perhaps through airdrop, i was eager to cash out.
Most of the times i did this, i always found out that i later ran at loss, not considering my effort and the time spent in promoting such project.
I could have also had 2x and sometimes 10x the ICO price, but impatience made me to loose the opportunity.

My last experience was on a token i received. Mentioning the name will be of no use, but for crypto enthusiasts to also learn from my mistake. Ever since then, i have learnt to hold and this has been profitable to me.
No matter how you got your token or coin, always try and be patient enough to hold until you are in profit.
Yes, it's true, most people after receiving the results of a bounty or airdrop will really want to sell these tokens to make money, and sometimes we do not take into account what we have done to get it. And I think we need the right strategy for when to sell the tokens we get.
Activity: 1236
Merit: 252
December 29, 2018, 05:50:33 PM
so it's true that patience is a virtue and most decisions hurriedly made always end up disastrous.
Indeed patience is virtue and virtue never gives lose. So if you are good learner you must learnt all good things that can give you benefits for future. Same as thousands of people i also do the right thing holding. If we look at the previous performance of history we will notice only one thing and that is keep holding and never panic.
Activity: 406
Merit: 1
December 29, 2018, 05:23:25 PM
Same to me too someone have to learn from what has happened, so have prepared my mind so well for 2019 market
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
December 29, 2018, 03:52:47 PM
Yeah. Not the best move there
Activity: 1274
Merit: 500
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
December 29, 2018, 02:48:54 PM
Unfortunately, many newbies and even experienced people trading on stock exchanges make many mistakes, including selling a token at an unreasonably low price. Alas, many of us are not gods of commerce. Here it is necessary to have not only the analytical mind, thinking through the steps in advance, but also patience and intuition.
Each of you can learn how to trade and start trading correctly. But nobody wants to learn. that's the biggest problem
Merit: 1
December 29, 2018, 02:28:17 PM
Unfortunately, many newbies and even experienced people trading on stock exchanges make many mistakes, including selling a token at an unreasonably low price. Alas, many of us are not gods of commerce. Here it is necessary to have not only the analytical mind, thinking through the steps in advance, but also patience and intuition.
Activity: 644
December 29, 2018, 01:39:07 PM
Man, sometimes token won't go upper ICO price, so you must do a good research and then decide if this coin is worth holding for a longer period.
Some projects are developing over several years and you should not expect results after a couple of months. You need to be patient and wait.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 21
December 29, 2018, 12:48:58 PM
If I participated in any ICO and once the Token/coin hits the exchange and I have more than 3-5X, I sale and this is from past experience. I have lost out a huge amount of what I would have gotten if I sold a particular coin I received from bounty when I just joined the crypto space but decided to HODL for a bit more and the price crashed less than 50X what I would have had if I had sold out once it hit the exchange even so I still felt it was all profits since it wasn't an ICO but if I had known would have sold then. However, we all have different reasons to sell or HODL.
BITWIN
December 29, 2018, 12:42:43 PM
Man, sometimes token won't go upper ICO price, so you must do a good research and then decide if this coin is worth holding for a longer period.
Activity: 378
December 29, 2018, 12:29:50 PM
sometimes I'm also like you but it's pure because I need money, not because I'm impatient, especially when I get a token from the project that won the hardcap during ICO, I don't want to sell it at all because the potential can be very good but once again the need it cannot be delayed.
sometimes I regret but I know that I have to prioritize my needs rather than thinking about the benefits that I don't necessarily get
Activity: 784
Merit: 6
December 29, 2018, 12:15:43 PM
Thanks OP for sharing your experience. Although there are times that if you want to hold a coin, you must have first done enough research, because there are some coins that are not worth holding. I have see quite some number of coins that never got as high as the price they were when they were first listed. The only thing I was seeing was downtrends and if such increase a little, it will dump again.
Pages:
Jump to: