Pages:
Author

Topic: I have learnt my lessons - page 9. (Read 23562 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 10
take & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!
September 09, 2018, 11:42:31 PM
Same here, I too have learnt my own lesson too, I will always take profit no matter how little when ever my coins make a profit, even if I won't take all, but I will take a little.
Activity: 448
Merit: 103
September 09, 2018, 11:16:54 PM
Entering the realm of cryptocurrency makes is realize that all we believe in when it comes to money is tested. Like saving and holding isn't always the best option especially at these times when everything is falling into dip. I think the best lesson I have learned so far is the term TARGET SELL. When you are holding onto a coin, you should set a target value wherein you sell, this is to prevent your money to go down the drain when people dump.
Activity: 560
YOUC - www.youengine.io
September 09, 2018, 10:57:43 PM
It is never a good thing to sell hastily.
It is never a good thing to sell below ICO price.
It is not also good to sell at exactly the ICO price.
There were times sold when i was not supposed to sell. Just because of the excitement of receiving tokens through bounty participation and perhaps through airdrop, i was eager to cash out.
Most of the times i did this, i always found out that i later ran at loss, not considering my effort and the time spent in promoting such project.
I could have also had 2x and sometimes 10x the ICO price, but impatience made me to loose the opportunity.

My last experience was on a token i received. Mentioning the name will be of no use, but for crypto enthusiasts to also learn from my mistake. Ever since then, i have learnt to hold and this has been profitable to me.
No matter how you got your token or coin, always try and be patient enough to hold until you are in profit.

Well, sometimes you must sell it below ICO price to cut your loss if you know there is no hope for the coin or token.
A haste decision won't bring you any where, just decide it with a clear mind.
We didn't know the future of our coins or tokens price, so we maybe made some mistake about it.
Activity: 182
Merit: 0
September 09, 2018, 07:52:29 PM
I think my own lesson is to do what i thought is the best at the moment, I have received some bounty tokens, and i opt to hold and today, it is worth nothing and I am regretting it, and  also I have gotten bounty tokens too, and i sold immediately, and later the price went up, so i have to do what i thought is the best and forget about it.
Activity: 168
Merit: 1
September 08, 2018, 08:13:51 AM
but actually holding a token received from an ico whether it comes from a bounty or airdrop also has a risk, not necessarily the token in the future will experience a price increase, sometimes there is also a token in the future instead it gets worse and the price decreases, so be careful if want to hold tokens that come from an ico in the long run.

This is true especially to those ICOs whose supporters are fond of posting gifs and keep on asking when lambo, when moon. Good thing I sold mine before reaching rock bottom price. Moral here if the promises are too good to be true, stay away as far as possible from these ICOs
Activity: 188
Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World
September 08, 2018, 12:06:17 AM
but actually holding a token received from an ico whether it comes from a bounty or airdrop also has a risk, not necessarily the token in the future will experience a price increase, sometimes there is also a token in the future instead it gets worse and the price decreases, so be careful if want to hold tokens that come from an ico in the long run.
Activity: 714
Merit: 102
September 07, 2018, 11:52:50 PM
You have done a very good step. try to learn from the mistakes in trading that you have done. so you don't return to repeat the mistakes you've ever made. never fall twice in the same hole.
Activity: 247
September 07, 2018, 11:44:57 PM
I am glad that I am not the only one who did that mistake. Like everyone else I too gave in to my fear and followed others who panic sells when the price suddenly drops. I lost a lot because of my stupid mistake and now I am a little wiser. I don't sell immediately when price drops happens. Instead I try to investigate first before malig any drastic decisions.
copper member
Activity: 168
September 07, 2018, 11:42:52 PM
Good to know and more of this still go down to what market is saying at the time of listing , just like this bearish market most coin go below the ico price simply because of down market not that the token is not good or won't perform so more reason hold still necessary though.

Like me I don't sell any coin I got from AIRDROP or bounty easily like that cos I know is a kind of free token and holding till perform won't do me any bad but gain, especially now bull same goes to bulling market time which you just have to sell cos once the bear start market crash .

So trading wisely is just the key.
September 07, 2018, 11:40:52 PM
My valuable lesson in the cryptographic market is to carefully study the projects, analyze the market carefully, patiently in no hurry.
Activity: 787
Merit: 250
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
September 07, 2018, 11:39:49 PM
There were times sold when i was not supposed to sell. Just because of the excitement of receiving tokens through bounty participation and perhaps through airdrop, i was eager to cash out.
Most of the times i did this, i always found out that i later ran at loss, not considering my effort and the time spent in promoting such project.
I could have also had 2x and sometimes 10x the ICO price, but impatience made me to loose the opportunity.

My last experience was on a token i received. Mentioning the name will be of no use, but for crypto enthusiasts to also learn from my mistake. Ever since then, i have learnt to hold and this has been profitable to me.
No matter how you got your token or coin, always try and be patient enough to hold until you are in profit.
In a nutshell, we have to be patient to everything. What I have learned from reading books is that being impatient is being stressed about something that is beyond your control. And we all know that bitcoin is very unstable and unpredictable which is very stressful so I suggest when we do something think thrice before selling or buying because it will be better if think this through and do something without proper knowledge about it and with no hesitations.
Activity: 280
Merit: 2
September 07, 2018, 11:38:54 PM

Yes it is very true. I experienced these too. And it is so painful if right after you trade you crypto coin the price goes to the moon. We really need patience and a good strategy.
Activity: 182
September 07, 2018, 11:37:09 PM
It is very nice, it is also often I apply in the exercise of crypto. bottom line, it can learn from anywhere. However, we must also remain vigilant, do all the material we apply. Because it may not be a good fit for us.
Activity: 336
Merit: 20
September 07, 2018, 11:35:31 PM

Thanks for sharing your experience . Yes, most of the time we learn from our mistakes and it is great that you are sharing what you have learned.
Activity: 224
dApps Development Automation Platform
September 07, 2018, 11:32:33 PM

Recognize potential tokens and hold it is not easy thing. Especially with new tokens, have just finished ICO selling. With me, I usually sell it when it is listed in market and if I see it is really a good coin, I will buy it again when its price go down
copper member
Activity: 210
September 07, 2018, 11:27:57 PM
Yes, I totally agree with your opinion. I also did same mistakes like you because of impatience.  We've spent enough time, energy and mind to follow the bounty campaign, but i was in lose. But now I learn to be patient till you get your fruitful result.
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
September 07, 2018, 11:19:06 PM

My own experience is that cryptos does not have a particular formula to follow, but what i have learnt is to follow the market trend, if the market is in bull run then hold, but if it is in a bear run then sell and take your profit.
but the moment is very rare nowadays, and almost rare, because the market continues to move in the negative direction and it makes us difficult to get a profit when buying and selling, so now we can only watch
Activity: 62
September 07, 2018, 11:15:51 PM
I have also studied bro. but if you study by yourself without anyone pointing and explaining it feels like it takes a long time.
but if you have a teacher, we will be easier and faster to get the knowledge of the world of cryptocurrency ..
Activity: 280
September 07, 2018, 11:10:25 PM
That, actually is one of the saddest part of the story as a bounty hunter. If you don't know how to read technical charts or even not that active to check the platform's social media groups and website. You are doom and missing one of the greatest chance when to sell those altcoins. ICOs take time to develop so as the price to upward movement. Those mistakes will definitely make you a better trader, just learn from it and always keep those in mind.

Nice said mate, an experienced taught us negative and positive side most important thing is that we learned and grow from that scenario to make us more matured here in our community.
Activity: 350
A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards
September 07, 2018, 11:02:11 PM
thanks for being honest with this community and i hope other youngsters like myself would learn from the mistakes some high rank members have made in here so that we also don't engage in panic selling which brings only remorse.
Pages:
Jump to: