Pages:
Author

Topic: I lost 80% of my bitcoins in alts, What can I do now?! - page 32. (Read 21873 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 0
The only correct solution is to be patient and wait for your portfolio to grow in value
Activity: 168
Merit: 9
Disregard everything you've lost, start a new. But this time, study, don't repeat everything that caused your loses.
Activity: 224
Merit: 1
There's a saying around that advise never sell when in loss and continue to HODL!! Then again, the traditional investment advice would be to cut losses early than to lose everything. This brings us back to another advise that anyone should have considered before investing in cryptocurrency, never invest more than you can lose. So if it's an amount that you can afford to lose
Activity: 476
Merit: 10
There are valuable lessons that can be drawn from your experience. That never sacrifice something so precious for something that is not clear about its future. You seem to be the wrong strategy. If you really want to buy another coin with bitcoin, then don't sacrifice all the bitcoin you have. Leave at least a little, so you won't lose your money in large amounts.
Activity: 462
Merit: 11
That too much loss, you did use stop loss so you been loss  too much money. By looking in to daily chart of both coin, is possible to going up again but we should be wait very patient. In duration 1 or 2 years there are always 1 or 2 times the price pushed and pumped. Because you loss too much so just take relax and hold it for long run.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 564
i believe we're all in a similar position

i'm holding until i recover at least my initial investment
been using holding as main strategy for gains, but man this is brutal, one minute a coin is 50% up and the next...currently 60% down at stratis
Why should you believe that we are all in a similar situation. Now in the minuses sit only fools. You only need to wait for a new growth and in no case to sell your coins for cheap.
Then the least thing you can do is to hold your remaining coins because holding is the safe way to do for waiting for the new growth of market. Also dont lose hope, don't sell your left coins for cheaper price just wait and hold. Many people experience same as what happen to you but they only strategy is do holding because they still want to get profit from their crypto by holding and waiting for the market rise. So its better to hold your crypto than selling it now that market is dumping.
Activity: 420
Merit: 13
i believe we're all in a similar position

i'm holding until i recover at least my initial investment
been using holding as main strategy for gains, but man this is brutal, one minute a coin is 50% up and the next...currently 60% down at stratis
Why should you believe that we are all in a similar situation. Now in the minuses sit only fools. You only need to wait for a new growth and in no case to sell your coins for cheap.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 102
Cryptocurrency addict | Invest at your own risk.
I hope you hold, because this is not too bad just because bitcoin down and affect your flat. because I had a terrible incident of buying siacoin 700 sats and down to 100 sats. DGB also buys above and then decreases. hold is your best choice sir
Activity: 153
Do nothing and draw a conclusion about mistakes that you have done. It will give you a useful experience and you will feel yourself more confident on the market.
Activity: 112
If I can remember correctly it started June this year when the alt market started to get bloody. I also lost some many of my positions because I didn't set a stop loss. A lesson learned. Digibyte, Stratis and Siacoin are fundamentally good coins so they should be recovering slowly until next year. Wink Wink
Activity: 98
I feel terrible for OP, he sold the majority of his bitcoins for altcoins, he is presently botching up and pointing the finger at himself I figure for seeing bitcoin at $10,000. This is what I'm advising that in the event that you need to put resources into alts you should anchor yourself and still have some bitcoin on your portfolio. That is certainly not a savvy thing that you will offer every last bit of it and now you are disturbed an awful choice, think ordinarily before doing this way.
Activity: 138
I think there are many person like you. Be careful and sure that every your trading have low ratio risk/reward and lost volume<70% your wallet. Good Luck!
Activity: 604
Merit: 250
In my own opinion, I believe it will be profitable for you not to sell all you bitcoin because you want to invest in altcoin. If you do not have any spare cash to do this, you can sell part of the bitcoin you hold and buy the altcoin as long as they are also potential and then hold the remaining bitcoin because bitcoin is a very valuable and potential coin. It is also a good coin to hold even on long term.
Activity: 371
Merit: 100
Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

What can I do, HOLD or Sell or What!

You are losing with your holdings "LOSING".
you are not losing any amount as long as you are keep holding on your alts.
this will just stay on your wallet you will just lose it once you decide to sell it a low price.
Activity: 504
Merit: 10
It's too late to sell now, you have no choice but to wait after this time, so I'm in the same situation. I understand you very well.
Activity: 14
I hope that many things have been changed from the end of 2017. Be accurate with your savings! In case you feel that your altcoins might lose more in an equivalent of BTC - use BestRate.org for a fast exchange.
Activity: 266
”Decentralized Digital Billboards”
We need not panic, and the rest of the alci should not be discarded. Panic is not needed here. Panic does not bring to the good. You better save your 20% and output after that kagda wound up.
Activity: 452
Merit: 250
Hold for your dear life. If you pull the trigger and you sell at loss, then you are indeed at loss butifyou hold your altcoin, provided that your altcoinare solid altcoin like Ethereum etc, then you will bw happy you held when altcoin price rally in the future!
Activity: 107
The most logical thing to do now is to hold all your invested coins. Maybe in the future, the price will go up once again specially if your chosen ICO to invest with plans long term.
copper member
Activity: 56
You should sell it when you can recovery your innitial investment.
Now you have nothing to lose, just keep it with a hope that Altcoins will get back.
Pages:
Jump to: