Pages:
Author

Topic: I lost 80% of my bitcoins in alts, What can I do now?! - page 43. (Read 21873 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 0
The same thing happened to me, I lost my portfolio to about 91% but right now I am doing bounties and I am building them up again and I hope bounties will help me to build it up and beyond again.
Activity: 78
God, you lost more than 80% of bitcoins, friends, I think you must have bought altcoins in the last week of the bull market. right? It's very risky. I'll choose to sell after a 3-5x increase in an altcoins. Have you seen the K line of that altcoins before?
Activity: 33
OMG, 80%?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?
the only thing you should do now is to hodl and wait for market recovering...
or you could also sell everything and invest in an ICO and hope for great results from this new project...
I feel really said when I heard stories like this one!
Activity: 113
I've also trapped with my hodling though I am not long-term holding instead of short-term. It's been a week I'm trap in my last altcoins purchases due to massive dumping that happening both in bitcoin and alts
Activity: 149
You must wait now when these coins grow up, you have no other choice. The main thing is not to sell them now, you will lose even more.
Activity: 406
Merit: 104
Man, the bubble truly burst. Fortunately one of my coins (Waves) did hold its value well, its ATH was $17, currently $3.7, so not that bad, but some coins went down 95% and we're not talking shit coins, we're talking promising coins with active, dedicated developers (Shift, COSS, SunContract).
The only option is to hold. I'll hold everything except Waves. It does hold its value well, but its value is hardly increasing even when big things happen. It's a competitor to Ethereum and Ethereum has a snowball effect. It just keeps getting bigger and bigger and no one cares about their competitors (look at NEO).
Activity: 149
Merit: 2
I think you just need to keep calm and do not sell your assets. A similar situation in the past was with the crypto currency steem which fell very much in price to bitcoin, but since time has recovered.
Support. Why sell even if you save a meager part of the investment. I'd leave them in your place and forget it as a failed investment. And then they can grow and bring you income. If you do not agree with the situation, you have to wait for your conditions to come, and not agree to what is and sell.
Activity: 42
If the project is good then I think it is worthwhile to wait until the coin grows. Of course, you can lose more, but in this situation I think it is worth waiting for. Stratis and Siacoin there is still hope for their growth in price so it's better to hold them.

It can be harder to hold out sometimes, especially for a newbie, but agree with most posts on here in that having a long term view and HODL is the best option, generally. Most of these coins have an upward trend, so believe in it and do a little research. If you see no reason for any future growth and truly don't believe in the project, only then consider a trade, but do not sell and exit!
Activity: 120
This had to be done when you lost 40% of your savings, now it is unlikely the situation will stabilize.
Activity: 98
If the project is good then I think it is worthwhile to wait until the coin grows. Of course, you can lose more, but in this situation I think it is worth waiting for. Stratis and Siacoin there is still hope for their growth in price so it's better to hold them.
Activity: 252
Merit: 100
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
The only answer is to HODL if you are already down 80%. You can try to average down your cost by buying more while it's super cheap, but really HODL is the best strategy. Sell now and you lose.
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
if you can try to minimize your costs by selling and buying at lower prices because I am in the same situation with an ICO. To sell them is not a good idea since it is a high loss.
Activity: 28
Smart people (I do not belong to such people) always say to diversify their risks. At the same time, the most part should be kept in bitcoins. And also, if you keep on exchanges, do not forget about stop-loss. Well, now we need to wait until the cue-ball goes down. Then sell. I'm so on a monaco flying
Activity: 252
Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

What can I do, HOLD or Sell or What!

Calm down, HOLD.
Its a bad time to sell Your digibyte and stratis ,  bitcoin price will  going up and your asset will going up too.
for lessons, don't buy a coin with 100 percent of the assets you have, Hold 50 percent of your assets  Grin
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
I think every one face the same situation now days because of bitcoin and altocoins price fluctuations, I believe you should hodl the coins and if you can buy some cheap coins then this is the best time and you can reduce the lose from old lose when the price will go up again, and always remember invest in cryptro currency if you can afford to lose because crypto is very risky investment platform.
Activity: 71
I'm sure that someday this will all be restored, so in a few days or weeks your portfolio will again be profitable.
Just hold them, and totally forget them. If you still get them in your mind, one day you will go to the market and continue to trade and it's not a good idea Smiley
Anyway, it's up to you, because that's your money, just try to avoid losing more money!
Peace!
Activity: 182
What you should do is to make sure that you are not hung up on that, everyone makes mistakes, what matters is that you make an effort to learn from your mistake so you do not end up repeating it. At this point you should be more careful about the kind of altcoins that you buy and only buy top altcoins so you don't end up losing money again
Activity: 56
buy with the rest of them Hellenic Coin (hnc)
Activity: 240
With the market being as red as it is, most coins have lost a large amount of  value.  And I don't think there is need to panic just yet, the market is yet to recover,which at some point it will and  your investment may regain their lost value, don't therefore be in a rush to sell off the coins, just hold longer
Activity: 73
It's your choice if you hold your altcoins that you have or you sell that. But if you think thats not good coin you can sell that or you can replace it to other altcoin. But be caredul of what decision you made because you lose 80 percent of your profit and maybe you will you lose all your money once you choose wrong altcoin. Need patient here so you can wait the price to increase again ..
Pages:
Jump to: