Pages:
Author

Topic: I lost 80% of my bitcoins in alts, What can I do now?! - page 46. (Read 21873 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Start  researching for good alt coins. DYOR. know the fundamentals of a great ICO. One factor is that they a MVP or utility for the tokens. for example. AQwire, they're launching their MVP soon after ICO ended, another example is Holochain. they already have a utility for the token. MVP is really a factor  of  a good ICO
Activity: 182
This thread looks old though.
However, if one gets to find himself in similar situations, diversifying into great and verified ICOs may be a better gamble.
Activity: 3
I hear ya buddy , early 2016 i liquidated my silver stash and purchased bitcoins . I remember feeling quite stressed at the time because of the loss in terms of commission fees ..i think the guy stung me 20% turning silver into cash  Then another 20% commission  when i bought the Bitcoins off him . Needless to say this was a unhappy time for me... A real newb in the space . I did learn a lot though turning that BTC into ETH then shopping for ICOs !
Near the end of the year i could hardly contain my excitement as Cryptos peaked . I felt like i had it made  !
Since that time i have seen my portfolio value drop by ten times what it was as these tokens try to find fair value . It is frustrating at times but i am still up in comparison with keeping the original silver .
Also i am more prepared being able to turn BTC back into cash without to much fuss. I didnt have a clue how to do this when the market was up last time and sure didn't wish to take a 20% hit for the privilege.
Anyway i look forward to taking some profits at some time in the future .. End of the year maybe ?? who can say right .
It is still a great place to be invested but patience is the key. I hope the HoDL is worth the wait  Wink

Activity: 78
I cannot say we are heading straight to the stability and people still panic sell to get other coins instead which is not good for the bitcoin itself.
Activity: 518
Merit: 10
I think you can now to cry ) already late something to change, either in long already invest and wait for
Activity: 126
I have come to realise the fact that selling because of loss will eventually lead to more loss. As long as the alts you are holding are promising and hardworking on breaking new grounds and without any legal issue or government regulation, you will definitely recover.
Activity: 97
The best thing to do is to HODL. or taking some cutting-lost measures will also be necessary.
One thing I learned about crypto is that you should have patience and sense of timing..
Activity: 76
If you bought at beginning of the january, this losts are normal, after january every altcoin dropped %50-60 so we must be calm down and must wait for rises, it will come end of the story I hope.
Activity: 154
The personal idea is that I prefer not to let the crypto money I buy from the high prices wait for the loss and give up time. I increased the amount by buying and selling at certain time intervals, keeping the etherier I bought at a high price.
Activity: 361
Merit: 101
Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

What can I do, HOLD or Sell or What!
Not familiar with this coins, but experience is experience. What you lose you get experience from it. Always. Hard to tell which option will be the best. If its already droped in price since you invested, still holding those coins are kinda doubtfully. Even if you gonna sell them, investing into other huge alts or BTC will be much less profitable.
Activity: 642
Merit: 250
the best choice it think is hold. Because the coins you already bought are not too bad, you should wait for their price recovery   but you made high price purchase unfortunatelly.
Activity: 50
It seems to me not worth selling and receiving such large losses. If the money was not taken on credit, then it is better to wait. Those who know how to wait - always gets their profits in this market.
Activity: 22
I am sure you must have seen some recovery or probably profit provided you held your coin and bought the deep during raging bitcoin rally! The way cryptocurrency works is not mysterious at all. Just study the cryptocurrency circle, and you will win.
Activity: 56
You don't lose in crypto if you hold your position. Hold those alts and buy the dip by injecting more fiat. Alts are bound to dip , invest in good projects and always think long term and you will be fine.
Activity: 18
I think you should hold these coin cause the price of these coin grow up soon. You should forget about this coin and hold it. Luckily this coin can change your life. Smiley
Activity: 224
Merit: 21
Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

I hope you didn't made mistake to sell  Digibyte, status and siacoin. These are sleeping giant they show their colours in bull run see their history on coinmarketcap. 80% will be too much loss if I could have been at your place I would have waited and would have taken advantage of patience.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
I have learned the same lesson as well. I have sold losing altcoins and that definitely was a big bite on my investment. Now for any  promising altcoin I invested in and at the moment they are losing, I just leave them as they are. One of them after sometime have multiplied more than ten times. And take note, invest here only those funds that you can afford to lose...
Activity: 142
As an idea to invest in a project that will bring you a profit, and soon you will recover the lost amount  Wink
Activity: 364
Merit: 18
Hey there

Those coin are the big gainers last year but because of many ico projects are being made now and usually they have more brillant idea and more improvement proposal the 2nd generation coin like stratis,dgb and siacoin get beaten by those 3rd generation coin.

If your portfolio already loss 80% then theres no point to sell at lost. Just hold it and have patience , move on and forget a while your coin. Try to invest at 3rd generation coin at the moment they are my favourite because of their big potential.
Activity: 154
I experienced a similar situation in Ethereum. I did not lose because I did not sell it. Despite the price I bought, I sold it again and bought it again, so I increased the amount of etheride. In this way, the spell has turned black.
Pages:
Jump to: