Pages:
Author

Topic: I lost 80% of my bitcoins in alts, What can I do now?! - page 50. (Read 21873 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 101
I cannot say we are heading straight to the stability and people still panic sell to get other coins instead which is not good for the bitcoin itself.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 502
Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

What can I do, HOLD or Sell or What!

If you didn't sell earlier this year you could wait and HODL until the market goes up again

It's generally not wise to invest all of your Bitcoin in altcoins however, the ones you chose are good quality assets and should eventually recover their value even exceed it
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

I'm not an experienced trader, and I understand that I need to diversify my risks, but it seems to me a strange decision to transfer 80% of bitcoin into some altcoins. If their cost is now lower than what you bought them - then certainly you need to keep them in order not to lose money.
Activity: 484
Everyone will lose or gain at times so we need to be calm at such times and wait patiently for the right time to come.
Activity: 149
Merit: 0
Hey there

The problem is that the time when you bought them was wrong. At that time, the price was too high. If you were buying at the price, then you would not have lost so much, and because you used Bitcoin to buy, while Bitcoin fell and the coins fell. It will cause a lot of losses.
Activity: 22
i think if your coins have lower price than when you buy
keep calm, be patient, just hold untill the price recovered again
because if you sell now, you just get a piece of your asset back
Activity: 1064
Merit: 500
Hey there

No need now sell your coins. You will get a little part of money that you invested. Some of your coins looks like perspective. So it is possible they will rise in coming months. I believe it will happened.
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
New investors should be reminded 2 things:
1/ always keep a portion of your portfolio in BTC. > 40% is my recommendation
2/ trade altcoins for the short term. Be quick at taking profits or losses into Bitcoin. When you are down 50% in satoshi terms, you need your alt to grow 100% vs BTC to get your money back. Few alts achieve that.
Activity: 219
Merit: 10
Some seasons may be bad in the crypto currency. this season is especially called 'bear season'. During the bear season many investors lost their money and panicked. it is important to remain calm and wait for the market to rise again
Activity: 364
I would wait and save the coins for later because all of them have very promising future and will bring you good profit.
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
I only go 50% deep in alts the rest keep in Bitcoin, only in special conditions do I touch them. I still do the occasional trading but at this point, it is very much calculated as I am fearful of losing a lot again.  I have become less of a risk taker for the past weeks and it's slow but it's working for me.  I just hope, same as the rest of you, that the value for all coins in the market pick up again.   Undecided Undecided Undecided  Shocked
Activity: 210
Hey there

First, before you invest, you should study first about altcoin you will be investing. And also check the history of the market on all Altcoins. Like me, I had invested some my earnings here to ethereum when the price was 385$ only. Which I have almost 100% profit.
Activity: 280
Merit: 11
It must be really hard and dissapointing. I also transferred a small amount of btc to Stratis and i’m still waiting since there is nothing to do. The market is really unpredictable, in last months many people lost their bitcoin Sad

I also lost mine, 50% of my investments are now down, and I also cannot do anything. For now I only hope that the crypto will rise up very soon so I can get back my investments.
Activity: 331
Merit: 100
It must be really hard and dissapointing. I also transferred a small amount of btc to Stratis and i’m still waiting since there is nothing to do. The market is really unpredictable, in last months many people lost their bitcoin Sad
I am also still holding, the market is down if doing sales now will be a loss. I am sad in this condition but I remain patient and will keep holding until the price goes back up.
Activity: 378
Merit: 16
Given with the status of the market right now, if you bought them when their price is high, the loss you have is justifiable. If you really want to cover your loss, you better hodl them for a long time until it reach the price when you bought them or exceeds its price. If you going to sell it now, do you think you will recover 80% of what you loss? Yeah, it is a no so better hodl them a little longer.
Activity: 644
Merit: 117
swing!
I assumed that you got in very low and over the period bitcoin jumped over 18,000k, guess its another year HODLING for the entire cryptomarket to regains its previous prime, the 800b of marketcap is required for any previous gains you made last year. Unless you are pretty confident with other trading strategies if not it even dangerous to make more decision using the remaining tokens.
Activity: 22
then I will tell you to hold onto it for some time and forget about it. It will rise to your surprise.
Activity: 308
I think you should hold these coin cause the price of these coin grow up soon. You should forget about this coin and hold it. Luckily this coin can change your life.
Activity: 61
Merit: 4
Altcoins giveth and altcoins taketh away.

Personally, I wish I had never touched an altcoin in my life.
Activity: 910
Merit: 512
Hey there

This post is old but, i just wanna say to all of the people who does not really know what they are doing is, If you dont wanna lost all your investment then don't buy anything you don't understand. Education is the key and the foundation of success
all right buddy. before you join cryptocurrency u have to know that investment is full of risk. you have to understand what you do before buy some alts.
Pages:
Jump to: