Pages:
Author

Topic: I lost 80% of my bitcoins in alts, What can I do now?! - page 7. (Read 21859 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 10
Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

What can I do, HOLD or Sell or What!

Well, it may show you one golden rule - never betray BTC, because it is market maker. I mean that most of tokens are unable to recover when BTC is down.
Activity: 140
If you have not sold your altcoins, then it's impossible to say that you have lost something. This is the usual price drop.
Activity: 314
I don't think selling is the best idea to make your investments gets back what best thing you must do in your left investments is to hold and believe to the currency that you are holding and believed to the market that it will increase their value after the ed of the year or the coming months.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
Well, I imagine a price of your entry point in BTC. let's say it was above 10 k, so you not only lost BTC amount due to altcoins decrease, but usd amount as well due to decrease of btc/usd rate.
Now you don't have options other than buy more to decrease your average
Activity: 364
Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

What can I do, HOLD or Sell or What!

If you lost almost 80% or half of your money it is better to hodl all your coins and wait for the pump. If it gets back to normal price it is your decision if you will trade it or sell it immediately. Because for sure it will dump soon. Hodl is the best because if you sell it you will get 20% of your investment.
Activity: 288
If you sell it, you will lose. Only one way to solve your problem, which is still HODL. Expect the market to recover and it's the right time for you to resell. And that is at your risk when you are with cryptocurrency. Be patient for victory.
Activity: 658
Merit: 251
I don't think you are the only one who has suffered a heavy loss at altcoins now because the market is currently destroyed and of course many people have a loss now only can be patient waiting for the market to be able to return with certainty
Activity: 304
Dear, you cannot recover your 80% losses by selling 20% investment now. Have patience and take next step wisely. Many people do this mistake. Always remember one thing never put your all eggs in single bucket. Converting btc into alt coins was mistake. Now wait and let the market come at recovery phase. Only then you will be able to get returns on rest 20% investments.
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
Of course the difficult situation in the market , I think a reasonable solution would be to just wait for the market to unfold , and sell, because now drawdown is very large in your portfolio!
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
It is not such a big problem, because the altcoins will recover their value one day. But we need to be patient and to hold our coins. It is going to be even harder if we go deeper, but we should be patient and at the end it will be rewarded with big rewards.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 108
Now everyone is in the same position of a significant reduction in the price of our cryptocurrency due to the general fall in the cryptocurrency market. The most reasonable way out in this situation is to hold our coins and tokens and wait for the market to recover. Therefore, you need to be calm about any fall of Bitcoin, all this is temporary, after the fall, in any case, there will be a rise.
Activity: 1197
Merit: 482
... the earlier sanity enters the space, the better for everyone

Wise words.
Activity: 1876
Merit: 5
I can advise you that you should not sell everything now; you just have to wait until the price goes up again and then you can sell everything and even make a profit. But if the market will repeat the history of the past year, then Bitcoin should soon go up. It may also cause a fall in prices that the decline in prices is due to the flow of money from Bitcoin (BTC) into alternative coins.
Activity: 868
Merit: 500
Have you seen anyone that has not lost money both in Fiat value and BTC. When this crazy started my question was why do projects like Stratis and Antshares now NEO did raise something less than $10k, but the craze started that they started rasing $30, $50 million for a project that has nothing and now people have discovered that this is never sustainable the earlier santity enters the space, the better for everyone
Activity: 812
Merit: 500
And now, on the contrary, you can earn them, just buy something that has fallen heavily and you can make money from it. Just need to wait for the growth of the market and then you earn more than you lost.

You think so simple? Is it easy to make money? Just buy the coin with high discount levels to wait for it to rise again. Take a look at ETH
Activity: 336

I'm in loss too and I think many of us are , The only thing I would do now is holding , I don't know when the market recovers but I believe it will some day , and then we would see the market growing everyday!
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
altcoins killed this market. If all these dollars had gone on BTC, the market sentiment would be much better.
Greedy pigs always get slaughetered.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 377
You can sell everything at current prices and leave crypto.
You can sell everything at current prices and start trading at short-term distances. Buy a subscription to signals (although I do not advise doing this, because it is all exactly difficult) and learn how to trade.
You can sell nothing, wait, like most of the forum, wait for improvements in market conditions, and work in parallel.
Activity: 249
Merit: 1
These coins are quite able to grow, so I would not sell them in your place and wait until the market starts to grow!
Activity: 644
Merit: 101
Unfortunately, nothing can be done about it, because the market is now weakening before our eyes, and many projects simply suspend their work, because it becomes unprofitable, despite the fact that they collected a lot of money for development.
Pages:
Jump to: