Pages:
Author

Topic: I lost 80% of my bitcoins in alts, What can I do now?! - page 10. (Read 21859 times)

Activity: 608
Merit: 100
I think that it is better to sell what is left and go into trading, it is high risk but there is a high probability that you can get a profit in a falling market  Grin
Activity: 518
Merit: 4
All I think you need is just a fall back and observe more and also learn a lot on what to buy and what are needed to know before buying any coin because I believe you just belive in their silly write up and fall for them and decide to buy you need to learn more on reaching of whatever you are putting your money into.
Activity: 278
Merit: 1
Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

What can I do, HOLD or Sell or What!
Of course I will recommend you to hold your coins. Cause selling is not good idea in this bear market. Price will raise again but for this some time need. Don't lose your hope just like me.
Activity: 770
Merit: 9
Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

In my opinion, you have no choice but to hold.  Now you have to see it as a quantity of x rather than placing a dollar figure on it.

Investing in large established coins can seem like a safe bet/sure thing, but we are reminded regularly that we do not control the markets in crypto, and are therefore at the mercy of those that do. 

Ever notice how the crypto markets swings always favor the big holders and never the little guy?  They always do.  For the money men, crypto is a thorn in their side at the moment, and they sure do notice it, and are actively abusing it to generate negative sentiment.  Clamping down on these markets and crashing them like they do is how scared, angry, petulant, spoiled brats act.  Think about it.  Pure greed mixed with a healthy dose of fear.

Rich people know money is not the end all, power and control is.  They are not about to telegraph their moves as surprise is their best weapon.  Just remember crypto is not going away, ever.  It's here to stay.

There is so much development going on around the world, it is unstoppable.  So no matter what happens or what the govs and corps do, gather crypto assets and hold tight.  You don't want to be left out of what is shaping up to be the greatest wealth transfer in the known history of the world.  And if you can't afford silver and/or gold, crypto is just right for the majority of the masses.

Best of luck to you and always remember, we need patience and vigilance as a community in these trying times.
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
Hey there

You have pretty good tokens , I think in the future they will show themselves more , of course now the drawdown of many crippled, but I think in the future will restore these coins !
Activity: 430
Merit: 100
There is not much to do but wait for the market to recover again. We all know that it can take a while and it will take a lot of patience. That is why a lot of investors has given up and moved on to the next investment as crypto became an eyesore because of the bear market. There's also the risk of a coin losing more than 50% of its value. Investors became hesitant and just want to play safe than take risk or gamble. Hopefully, it will be different next year.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1340
In this situation, it is very difficult to answer your question because in such a difficult time for cryptocurrency many scam projects come to light much easier and it is possible that some of the projects will leave the market. Therefore, it is likely that some investments will be lost, but you should not get discouraged and now there is no point in selling, just waiting for growth.
Activity: 1960
Merit: 273
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Hey there

all your decisions are in your hands, if you sell them now you will experience considerable losses but that can be covered by reinvesting in better and more stable altcoins on the market. but surviving is better because those who experience losses are not just you but many are like you.
Activity: 127
Merit: 10
If you have lost 80% fund in the altcoins, I think nothing you can do now, if you cut your loss in this time, you will be lost all your money, so no doubt to hodl your altcoins and for the market recover again, not you, is all the people who invested from last year, all they lost the money, so hodl it and don't dump it!
Activity: 266
Hey there

Perhaps you should continue to keep your remaining 20% until prices more or less recover. Selling leftovers at such a ridiculous price seems stupid to me
Activity: 476
Merit: 102
When loses very high (more 40%) you can do nothing, just HODL and wait for new growth trend on market. Unfortunately, you have to wait for months.
Activity: 728
Merit: 252
Unfortunately, today we are all experiencing great difficulties with our deposits, because the market is in decline and today most of the investors very quickly begin to sell their deposit in the hope that at least today they will be able to really get at least the remnants of their deposit. It is not right.
Activity: 560
in my opinion it's already severe sir, because it reaches 80%. surely it's a difficult time for you. My advice is that if the coin has no hope of bouncing back, it's better to sell it to buy more potential coins. indeed making that decision is heavy. but if you believe in your coins, you can try your luck.
Activity: 616
Merit: 13
Hey there

first and foremost it is really clear to me that you dont have any plan at all since you were asking something like that on this forum. My advice is, go out immediately on every position that you have and take the time to study first what you are entering. Because it is very easy to act on emotions when you are a newbie and doesnt have any sound plan on. Even a person with a plan but does not believe or does not have enough confidence on what he is doing, he can still lose. It is this hard.
copper member
Activity: 434
 Smiley I also spent a lot of my BTC on the purchase of altcoins and on ico. I think a lot of people on this forum are in a similar situation. but this is experience and let it be a lesson to us, in this market you should invest very carefully. & HODL. Never sell at a loss, now it is worth buying and averaging.
Activity: 180
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem
If you don't have the basic knowledge to invest then I think you should only invest in bitcoin because BTC will grow non-stop.
this is a good suggestion for novices. the total amount of bitcoin is constant. its output will be cut in half every 4 years. Mining bitcoin will become more and more difficult. its price will rise sharply in the long run.
Activity: 574
Well, now you can participate in giveways or invest more funds in your portfolio and try trading for this purpose.
How do you consider this activity?
Activity: 616
Merit: 253
Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain
Hey there

don't wanna suggest too much. from my side in such situation, I will hold those position. I am personally still holding strat.
You should make such an important decision yourself, because you have to live with this decision, carefully weigh all possible options.
Activity: 434
Merit: 70
Hey there

don't wanna suggest too much. from my side in such situation, I will hold those position. I am personally still holding strat.
Activity: 308
Merit: 8
Hey there

The market situation is terribly bad and so much fund has been lost due to the price level in the market. But we are always told that you do not lose money in cryptocurrency till you sold off your coins. It is believed that the price will reverse any moment and the expected profit will emerge. So Hodl your position and sell only when you are in profit or at least broken even.
Pages:
Jump to: