Pages:
Author

Topic: I lost 80% of my bitcoins in alts, What can I do now?! - page 93. (Read 21873 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 250
Sell these alts and go long MONA coin, it is likely to become the Litecoin of Japan !
- it is used in stores in Japan
- it can be bought directly against JPY
- segwit
- small market cap compared to potential
Activity: 784
Merit: 502
There are two options:

1. Selling the bottom.
2,. Hold your coins and wait until the new capital will flow back into alts.

I prefer the hodl.
Activity: 615
Merit: 502
I sold most of my BTC to Alts because of the lure of passive income via PIVX masternodes.  I've diversified since, but still pretty comfortable holding all these Alts even tho they are down a bit.. The reason is I can make more of them in the time that I'm holding, which reduces the risk overall.  

Also I think masternode coins will see a bit more interest as more people catch on to how cool it is to be able to spend cryptos without worrying about not having any more, cos you keep the collateral and spend the outputs.

Just like mining, except without the gear or energy wastage..  Yay!!
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
Its trading man, you can only gain if someone else loses. Choose some safe projects and hodl 3-5 years if you dont have the skills for high risk projects.
Activity: 952
Merit: 253
Same here , just hold even if it's hurting . I turned 1BTC to 0,3 because of bad ico choice . So bad =(
That's crazy as you can see the fact that the usd value will be equal but in other thing your bitcoin already decreased a lot due to the big dump on the altcoin But you can buy a lot of altcoin with each of your bitcoin so sad.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
You have to be calm when keeping Bitcoin and trade restrictions at this time because Bitcoin prices can rise very high and can drop very quickly. I think keeping Bitcoin is always a good choice because the Bitcoin market is more stable than other markets and is always the # 1 market in cryptoucurrency.
Activity: 308
Merit: 106
what you can do is to  hold on BTC, just keep them
Activity: 530
Merit: 500
Same here , just hold even if it's hurting . I turned 1BTC to 0,3 because of bad ico choice . So bad =(
I know it hurts, but in the same time you have to think that that 0.3 BTC is now more valuable than the 0.3 BTC was when you invested. Even so, I wouldn't cash out and hold tight. Save yourself some heartache, move the coins to safety and don't check prices a few times a day for a while.
Activity: 247
Merit: 100
TE-FOOD provides trust for food supply chains
The problem is sophisticated:

1. Successful ICOs with $30-50M don't have any motivation to develop the technology quickly, because they are funded for the next 5-10 years.

2. In most of the earlier ICOs, no multisignature wallet is established for the funds to motivate the developers.

3. In some cases, the developers realize after the successful ICO, that their concept will not work as a profitable business, at least not for some years.

4. This leads to a situation where the token which were meant originally as utility token, has no real demand. So the speculative trades determine the token price, where pump and dump whales already took out their profit, and small investors are abandoned.

5. So for small investors, the only hope that an overfunded, under-motivated developer team with a questionable concept will finish the product as soon as possible, and bring it to commercial success.

I hope investors will not lose their interest in ICOs as a whole, but they will investigate more deeply in which ICOs they should participate.

Our solution is used by 6000+ business customers, we have decent revenues, a lot of traction, and a ready and working technology. So we will be the biggest, constant buyer of our token. And since we will buy the token always slightly over the average market price, this will guarantee investors that the token price will not fall down.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Activity: 187
Merit: 101
I was going to reply with hold but then I noticed you have bought siacoin, you need to sell that shit asap. It will keep going down, its not going to recover, its basically offering a 'service' like dropbox, but costs money. The devs don't even want the value to increase.
Activity: 868
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Rule number one when investing is not to keep something that goes down.
It depends on what coin it is and what the coin does. Just because Bitcoin forks, it doesn't mean that all the altcoins will get pumped.
Activity: 448
Merit: 258
@op from the title you looks like me, even i have lost considerable amount is alts and even more amounts in Hacks. If you are not a regular trader then always keep money invested in BTC, i have suffered so i know it.
Activity: 595
Merit: 506
First of all, learn from your mistake. Don't sell all your BTC and never when these other coins are at all time highs. Secondly, just HODL them, they are bound to spike again one day, but this could be a year away. Hodl and sell them back to BTC in the future. All is not lost, yet.
Activity: 392
Merit: 253
Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain
Probably the hype is too high for these coins especially for Stratis. After the fork these coins will definitely recover, but the question is by how much?
Activity: 291
Just HOLD them until you get what you invested.

I think so, HOLD is the best choice right now, every altcoin goes down due to bitcoin's hard fork, people sell altcoin for snapshot of bitcoin gold. So cutting loss or buying more, it is your choice. Mine is holding.
Activity: 350
- "Bitcore (BTX) - Airdrops every Monday"
i would sell, at least Digibyte and Siacoin. The time you spend bagholding and waiting for it to go up again, you can spend better by
investing in profitable projects. Put some in OMG, some in KNC, ZRX and participate in some pump and dumps (max 20%), currently it is Metaverse. Make sure to get out in time.
About selling digibyte and siacoin , i think you are right , not much value left there.
Activity: 98
Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

What can I do, HOLD or Sell or What!

You haven't lost until you sold  Wink

Well OP's opportunity cost should now be in the hundred thousands or million $.
Activity: 112
Just wait till the end of Bitcoin fork. When it ends most of traders will return to ATLs so, you'll have a chance to get back you funds.
Activity: 71
Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

What can I do, HOLD or Sell or What!

You haven't lost until you sold  Wink
Pages:
Jump to: