Pages:
Author

Topic: I lost 80% of my bitcoins in alts, What can I do now?! - page 96. (Read 21873 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 100
I think the best solution for now is hold.
Because you already have too much loss.
If you decide to sell it now, I don't think it's worth it either.
For now, more news that supports bitcoin and altcoin, hopefully with this good news, will have an impact on the coins you have.
Activity: 630
Merit: 110
With alts, it is hard to know which ones will outperform bitcoin and for what period.
Holding a core position in bitcoin without trading in and out is a must. Put any new funds
in bitcoin only for near future while waiting for the alts to recover.
Activity: 728
Merit: 101
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
take a break man. sometimes invest doesnt mean you will gain profit as you wish. take a breank and back again when you ready to invest. though every invest is a risk.
Activity: 406
Whole crypto currency market is volatile in october and only BTC is growing due to a news behind him of Bitcoin gold. Those who have BTC will get free Bitcoin gold on 25th of october 2017. For this reason, BTC is going to moon and all altcoins dropping. After this happening, BTC will drop like last time, when BTC holders get BCH free and after then BTC dropped to 2800$ from approx 4500$ and all altcoins goes up.
Activity: 132
Blockchain based interface to the physical world
Sorry for your loss but this is crypto life where manipulation is at the greatest and the worst ever, you are one of the victims of the market, many devs are scammers in this world just moving price by posting on social, if you do not need the money consider it lost but if you have more money to invest definitely buy when is the bleeding season, now until the forks happen it is sure that BTC will be the king breaking ATHs every week so be careful and invest only in strong coins.
Activity: 266
Merit: 111
well, when I was only entering crypto - I was in your shoes as well, bought some alts, on some a made x2 profit, while other I made x3 loss  Tongue
but I noticed one thing - once you have decided to sell alt which you think there is no point on holding as it never reach high levels again... all of a sudden you notice in a week or two - that the same coin you dump - just pumps x2!! weird!

so as of now I do not sell i'm holding and buying
for example - CHC - I bought like a 100 coins about 40000 -- and they became 9000/ that was a very big loss.. but I waited. once it became 5000-4500 and seems stable in that numbers I bought around 2000 coins@4200 - and my totals cost became 5900.  waited a pump and sold everything @6500-7200
so instead of loosing  x10 - i gained about 15% of profit.

yeap, that is a good and working tactics
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
Hold half, reinvest the other half (so sell)'....
Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

What can I do, HOLD or Sell or What!
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
you need to keep half of their funds in bitcoin, that would buy alcony at the bottom
Activity: 98
Please just hold my friend...dont become a weak hand...unless you are badly need a money its cant be help...but if not just hold your position...only god knows what happen in the future  Smiley Smiley Smiley
Activity: 106
Hold and hold and hold some more. The best is yet to come, my friend!
Activity: 112
Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

If you already lost 80% of your BTC value because the exchange I Think the best thing to do is just to hold your alts. Just consider your investment was lost or think that your wallet was hacked.

If you sell those alts you must be a good trader to get the 80% back from trading but if the prices of those alts recovers its like hitting the jackpot.
Activity: 196
If you sell altcoin , you will lose everything , you bought altcoins that you didn't research about them , dev team , roadmap ,and now you need  do again

Choose invest good altcoins or just buy only bitcoin , i guess you just trade bitcoin,  or hold bitcoin long term it will helpful for you.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
HOLD.... or lose it all.

when invest we know the we'll profit or loss. just that... or only you have your money back but you have to wait....

thats what i think...  Grin
Activity: 812
Merit: 256
Hey there

Buy more or hold all coin
because lost 80%  Let's assume that you are gone, so that and not care a time
Activity: 280
Merit: 122
sad for you op, the cryptos are high risk, and i suffer great loss these days too, the only thing i plan to do is to hold the coins to wait for the chance, trading may lead to another loss if you are not skillful
Activity: 402
Well As I said b4, education is key to this game. Always add stop loss to your trades. Unbelievable ppl... educate yourself b4 daytrade, swing trade, invest. There is many tools you can use to easily avoid what sadly happened to the OP.
Activity: 350
Merit: 251
I agree with others its best to HODL your positions, hopefully you did not put on your full position size from the get go and now you can dollar cost average at lower prices if you still have faith in the position. So maybe you put on a 400$ position initially and now you are down 80% so its only worth $80. At current prices you can increase your position size meaningfully for very small capital if you feel the development roadmap and strength of the team merits investing additional capital.

My other recommendation is to look closely at your alt coins and see if you have any Proof of Stake coins I would stake them so that you earn rewards by securing the network while you wait for prices to appreciate again. A number of well known coins allow you to stake including Lisk, Ark, Reddcoin, Waves, Radium, etc. You mentioned Stratis, this coin should allow you to earn some staking income. Here is a staking calculator https://www.stratispool.com
Activity: 84
After you're down that much, unless you need the money for something else, I'd hold and see what happens. If you're actively trading you need to use stop losses to avoid such circumstances.
Activity: 252
Merit: 104
Decentralized Ecosystem for User-Generated Content
Dang buying the top will destroy you instantly. Ask yourself this do you need the money right away? If so I would say sell it. If not and you have managed your portfolio correctly you shouldnt have 100% of your wealth in there.

As a result you have some leeway and can hold on for atleast a few more months. The storm should be about over but we never know for certain as this market is volatile and unpredictable.
Activity: 1015
Merit: 289
It has happened also to me in 2014 and I holded and I got back my money + a lot of gain this spring.
It has happened to me again now, even though not 80%, and I will hold.
When you lose 80% of everything you have very little lo lose left (just 20%), so holding is the only option. Sooner or later you will likely get back your investment. If you sell, you will save 20% for sure, but you will lose 80% for sure, and you will never get it back.
Pages:
Jump to: