Pages:
Author

Topic: I lost 80% of my bitcoins in alts, What can I do now?! - page 97. (Read 21873 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500
The market has been very brutal to altcoins this week.  I would suggest riding it out since you haven't lost anything yet by not selling.  Bitcoin can not be in the spotlight forever and eventually altcoins will shine again.  By selling now you might end up with a higher than 80% loss if you do not cash out to fiat.  There's a good chance bitcoin will drop after or even before the fork. 
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
From a person that went to 1000% initial investment to 33% initial investment, best thing is to hold, and always pay attention to any news on your investments.
To know if things are going well or not.
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
I'm really sorry to hear that mate. I know how it feels exactly. I believe at this point best thing to hold them as they already lost %80, if they will crash let them crash, otherwise you'll get your money back.
Activity: 490
Merit: 101
A) Double check USD vs BTC rates, even though they are worth less BTC, they may be worth more USD (so you can cash out USD [or your local fiat] and buy back after the segwit2x fork).

B) Setup a stop/limit on your fav exchange and use a bot sell them at your chosen price so you don't miss the short window when they spike.
Activity: 644
Merit: 253
Change Your Worlds Build a New Era!
Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

What can I do, HOLD or Sell or What!
From what I see you have 2 options here:
1) Sell all altcoins and lose 80% of your money
2) Hold them and hope they will be pumped one day and then sell them.
It is only your decision, nobody here can make this call except you.
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
I hope all your alts were not scams.. in this case, I would recommend to wait until the btc fork and then they should start growing
Activity: 252
same here, but we invest alts not for the stable returns as in Bitcoin but for the opportunity to get 10x or more, so will have to take the risk of losing 10x too. It's a matter of getting the ratio right, just put the stuff that you are willing to risk in the alts.
Activity: 872
Merit: 120
Even if you will sell at a loss, the money won't be lost if you take a lesson from this venture:

1) Always hold Bitcoin, Bitcoin proved it's worth to be held and it is also profitable.
2) Always have a stop loss, no matter the instrument you trade, if it doesn't go how you plan, stop loss, wait for it to fall and buy when you see a powerful buy signal.
3) Investing in crypto is interesting and also very easy for me - right now the BTC dominance is 54%, I always keep at least the percent BTC is dominating in BTC, the rest in alts. What alts to choose is everybody's choice so I won't comment your chosen coins.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
Bitcoin is like a blue chip stock. Very stable but gains aren't as high as penny stocks.

Alts are like Penny stocks. Very unstable and volatile but if you get in at the right time you can see 1000% gains.
Activity: 52
If you really want to live life on the wild side, you could try selling your alt coins now to buy back cheaper tomorrow.  As long as bitcoin keeps going up the alts SHOULD keep going down.  It's a risky maneuver though, as the alt rebound could occur at any time.
Activity: 224
the devs are the winners!

they got bitcoins and eth from ICO and they have reserve fund to buy bitcoins in exchanges!

if the project take off it's good for all and if not no matters!

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
I wouldn't sell them now when they are low. I will hodl my altcoins and wait for better time. For me, it doesn't have the sense to sell them now because then I will have a big loss.
Activity: 146
Be patient, there will be a bounce sometime after the fork. The thing to do right now is to accumulate the best coins you can at large discounts. Then those 20-40% daily runs will be yours. In 3 months you will likely be in good shape. We are all in these coins very early, you only have to be right a few times to do very well

Activity: 434
After 25th of October altcoins will be back to their positions. So at least you need to wait this date!
Activity: 1274
Merit: 261
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
keep hold and calm down . dont worry now  this is a short time you will earn long period i hope x2 x3 ... dont worry just wait and watch . but%80 big lost ...  sorry for that but just wait

I just checked alt-coins in which creator of this thread invested. On first look I
did not found anything interesting and new about this alt-coins. Except that is see
that DigyByte have a new site for a while, nothing happened. That is why price is
going down.
   Dumping alt-coins is last option, search for developers and take a look what are
they doing, are they active. Next take a look on communities and search for some
answers about future of this alt-coins. If situation is not good dump all you have
and have at least that 20%, if situation is good than keep them and forget about
them for a while, I mean more then a year. If you watch prices every day you will
just suffer and be nervous about it.
   I just gave my basic opinion, and my first look on this alt-coins is not enough for
me to evaluate them better.
Activity: 213
If you don't NEED to sell then just wait for the next altcoin rally. It might be 3 to 6 months before that happens but as other posters have pointed out, you have some good coins in your portfolio.

Altcoins are massively risky but in these dark times just remember why you bought them in the first place and remember that market sentiment can change very quickly.

If you want to be a long term hodler and you don't intend to increase your current exposure then it might be a good idea to pay less attention to cryptos for the next few weeks/months!
Activity: 453
Merit: 251
Presale Starting May 1st
I feel you mate. I also lost some money on altcoins in 2 months. But I kept holding bitcoin hard.
Think it as good lesson. Altcoins are here to eat small fish. Bitcoin is the real deal. Only.
Activity: 58
Yeah I got hurt with OKcash too... Stuck in ETHD sketchy swap for now... :/
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
keep hold and calm down . dont worry now  this is a short time you will earn long period i hope x2 x3 ... dont worry just wait and watch . but%80 big lost ...  sorry for that but just wait

Activity: 1432
Merit: 500
Don't sell you have to hold that coins 6 more month surely you Will recover you bitcoin, so please don't sell at this moment.
Pages:
Jump to: