Pages:
Author

Topic: I lost 80% of my bitcoins in alts, What can I do now?! - page 98. (Read 21873 times)

legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
2 options

1. hold
2. sell now and hope for larger drops and buy back in before the rebound

I would take option 1

I think there could be a lot more alt pain ahead until dec
Activity: 267
Merit: 10
Hold On Dear Life HODL  Smiley
Activity: 1008
Merit: 149
Bad luck dude. I can sympathize with you. I advice you not to sell now and just wait it out since you might break even on your investments in the future. Stay strong.
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
sorry to hear that mate. it is just selection of not lucky alt coins. if you have already lost 80 percent, I'd hold at that point.
Activity: 266
Merit: 114
If you don't have the basic knowledge to invest then I think you should only invest in bitcoin because BTC will grow non-stop.
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
I feel you, it's a bloodbath out there at the moment. You're not alone!
When it's such a loss like that, I'd just keep holding and scrap back what you can when it eventually does go up a bit.

In the mean time, do as much research as possible so you know where to invest when you do free up some BTC
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
If you  didn't cut loses up to that point and this 20% are not vitally important just be strong and hold. Digibyte, Stratis and Siacoin not bad for this.
Activity: 644
Merit: 299
Honestly it has been a crazy ride since the dumping journey started and like so many people already told you, you are not the only one. I quickly tried my hand on some shitty coins though before the whole journey started, and that thought me some lessons.

What I did anyway was just to sell those shitty coins even at the huge loss (I take responsibility for getting my hands that dirty in the first place), buy little of some of the prospectful coins I have at the present dip and looking forward to more dips for some of them to buy more to recover my funds when they pump back. The reason is just simple, some of those shit coins may take a huge time to get back to that stage I bought them, which may tie down much of my capital and I wouldn't want to settle for more losses. Not bothered though, shit happens and how to re-strategize is what is most important. Moreover, I have made more profit than these losses in the past, so this is more like giving back to the community.  Grin Wink
Activity: 659
Merit: 502
I lose more than 80% in alt coin and holding.
No one know what to do is like a gamble hope will recover soon
Activity: 304
Merit: 105
Don't watch the price graphs for 2 months, you'll be fine!
Activity: 126
Dont sell now! Most altcoins are losing heavily in the bitcoin ratio right now, but not so much in terms of fiat value. Once the btc craze is over, it is expected that some money comes back to  alts, increasing the ratio and the fiat value together.
Activity: 812
Merit: 256
I will not sell if I were you. After the forks, altcoins should recover. The three coins are still constantly developing, I will continue to hold them.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158
Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

What can I do, HOLD or Sell or What!

One more thing..Go for the Sig-campaigns and Airdrops if you can join. There's the DeepOnion forum and airdrop..That project has a lot of momentum and good milestones from the team..
Activity: 218
You don't loose as long as you don't sell at loss. Alts are down by 80% since you bought them, they may be +500 % within two months. Once the hard fork drama is over and people realize that they sold at half the price they bought just to get a worthless airdrop, they will start panic buying. I don't want you to be one of them.
HODL!
Activity: 46
Merit: 1
I feel your pain I am down 20% not 80% but every day they go down more.
I have Ten X, OMG, OK Cash and Waves.

The only one I doubt about is OK Cash it was an impulsive buy but I am only in for 180$ so still ok.
I will wait for November and forget about October.

Just try to do the same if possible stop looking to much and stop thinking about the loss and plan the future life ke in december i want x amount for this coin februari I need a profit of x etc ....

If you believe in the project you'll get the money back sometimes these coins go up 20% and more a day so it should be alright but don't sell try to buy a bit more around the 20th of October and set a first amount check the 15th of November.

Hope this helps

Activity: 364
Merit: 102
What do you mean by lost? Its just a shake out, could be a long one though. Remember, nothing is lost till you have actually sold your alts. hold em tight!
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Now is the worst time to sell. I would hold Stratis, that is still good project.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%
You should realize why altcoins are created: they're created to get your Bitcoins! Whoever sold you their made up altcoins got his profit.

I've got some alts too (but luckily mostly Bitcoin), and I too saw 80% of the value disappear. I'm holding. History shows altcoins usually go up again at some point. Unless the altcoins are totally forgotten, as the creators can just create the next hype to get your Bitcoins.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Hey there

The best thing  to do is to hold my friend .

Bitcoin has 2 hard forks happenin. Oct 25th and another Nov something. Once both of those hardforks are done people will buy back into the altcoins and the prices will go back up again.

No need to fear. Just lots of people are selling out of their altcoins now for Bitoin and Eth update.

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
You must be patient for many time. You must believe that digibyte, stratis, and siacoin will rising again. So, you can hold it Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: