Pages:
Author

Topic: I lost 80% of my bitcoins in alts, What can I do now?! - page 99. (Read 21873 times)

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158
I think as long as the alts that you have invested in are sound and you look forward to following their technology in some way then you shouldn't panic.
At times like these, Just follow the technical progress and try to get to know about it a bit deeply. Though, if you are only in this for trading and getting to the moon, then this must be pretty hard. Take heart in the knowledge that Stratis and Sia are both promising projects that have been delivering consistently. Holding long term will surely get you even or into a profit.

Although one lesson we can all take from this bloodbath is....
ALWAYS...ALWAYS HOLD ONTO SOME PART OF YOUR BITCOIN..ITS THE BOSS.. Cheesy
Activity: 1568
Merit: 511
You are not the only one xp

Most crypto trader i believe which are here in Bitcointalk, does not trade on BTC only.

Personally, my portfolio has 0% BTC and all ALTS

I can say my Portfolio value just dropped almost 55%-60%, but BTC raised 10-20%, so its around 40%

Personally i am looking at long term, so i am holding Smiley
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
There is some possibility that there coins will rise again so now you hold. I always try to take back my initial investment as soon as possible and I am holding rest of coins.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
🔵 Brickblock.io - Future of Stock Trading
I know it can be difficult but consider it a lesson (whether it be on better strategies, implementing stop losses, or just having patience), but I would hold at this point. They could go down even further but selling at an 80 percent loss would be something that I would avoid. I never really looked deep into sia or dgb during the hype because they were already pumping and my initial glance over them didn't reveal anything impressive. Saying that, that was months ago and they could have updated roadmaps or better teams/communities. Stratis on the other hand is a very sound project and I definitely expect it to go up. It's extremely undervalued at it's current price. During the next alt rally, it will be one to hold IMO.
Activity: 130
Merit: 145
Well, there is strategy called Average down! If you had been using the strategy you may not have lost so much. It is not late now. Double the units you have in all these coin. Any 10 % to 20% increase in price will automatically put you in profit! Keep buying the deep and you won't lose a dime at the end of the day!
A sound strategy, the more it goes down the more you buy.  Though only if it is a solid project.  If it's a crap project on a temp pump it may never return to where it was and bleed forever.
Activity: 1848
Merit: 298
Buzz App - Spin wheel, farm rewards
Don't panic, Stratis and Siacoin still have hopes to rise so it's better to hold them. Digibyte is struggling.
It's a similar situation for most of the altcoin traders now. So, try to keep a comparable portion of your investment in bitcoin.
Activity: 770
Merit: 101
fLibero.financial
Well, there is strategy called Average down! If you had been using the strategy you may not have lost so much. It is not late now. Double the units you have in all these coin. Any 10 % to 20% increase in price will automatically put you in profit! Keep buying the deep and you won't lose a dime at the end of the day!
Activity: 238
Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

What can I do, HOLD or Sell or What!

Depends.  What alcoins were they?  A lot of people sold altcoins in hoping for additional bitcoin gold coins when the fork happens.  If they are reputable altcoins, hold them and they should go back up.
Activity: 702
Merit: 251
I personally wouldn't sell at such big losses.
It depends on the project of course, but I think the good alts will go up again, just a matter of time.
Activity: 150
update : namewastaken
i believe we're all in a similar position

i'm holding until i recover at least my initial investment
been using holding as main strategy for gains, but man this is brutal, one minute a coin is 50% up and the next...currently 60% down at stratis
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

What can I do, HOLD or Sell or What!
Pages:
Jump to: