Author

Topic: I lost half of my crypto amount! what to do? - page 102. (Read 10099 times)

Activity: 135
Merit: 10
Decentralized Transportation Solution
I think it's best to wait without selling anything. Selling in the drop can be a pain in the long run.
This market always smile to the faces of people waiting patiently.
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
So I basically got fomoed. Towards the end of 2017 I saw how high bitcoin skyrocketed and decided to invest in ripple as a test. Less than one week it went up 3x. This made me more ballsy and I put in 11k total in various other alt coins like ripple, ethos, tron, and cardano. After the crash I lost about half of my value just like that. I am frustrated with the experience and wish I would have just put in 1k or something. I wish I could just not invested and went into what I was doing earlier which was just investing the boring and traditional way. Should I wait and hodl or pull out and do something else?

It is normal especially when you are new to crypto world because you didn't know the market movements or memorize the coin price that's you will learn right now from your mistakes and will not do it again in the future. It's ok because if the bull market started all of the coins will set their new ATH and that's the perfect time for us to sell then wait them to go dipped then buy it again. Goodluck.
Activity: 361
Merit: 137
I was in a similar situation like you my friend. The answer is TA! Learn how to do Technical Analysis and you'll know when to enter and when to exit a given coin. It'll take you some time but its worth it, trust me.
Activity: 453
Merit: 100
It seems to me that there will be two coins Pow and Pos, but this complicates everything and I think that it will not be able to increase the capitalization. People are worried
Activity: 336
Merit: 102
I think most of us in the beginning of our crypto trading career have done mistakes like that. All we can do is hold until it goes back again. If you don't sell you have actually not lost anything right? If it's a dying project on the other hand its better to sell and take your loss then wait just to lose even more money.
Activity: 256
So I basically got fomoed. Towards the end of 2017 I saw how high bitcoin skyrocketed and decided to invest in ripple as a test. Less than one week it went up 3x. This made me more ballsy and I put in 11k total in various other alt coins like ripple, ethos, tron, and cardano. After the crash I lost about half of my value just like that. I am frustrated with the experience and wish I would have just put in 1k or something. I wish I could just not invested and went into what I was doing earlier which was just investing the boring and traditional way. Should I wait and hodl or pull out and do something else?

all of these, return to your knowledge in crypto, you must spend times for learn befor investing. buy or download technical tutorials and then start with low amount of money, increase your money step by stem and do not punik sell or buy
Activity: 770
Merit: 126
Op, you have learn a hard lesson by your investment decision. You invested as a result of testimonies from people around you I guest if not should have known that the market volatile in nature and suppose to prepare your mind well before your investment decision.
Activity: 126
HODL, the market needs to recover and its buzzing that this bull run the market cap will reach a new all-time high. I have some of those same coins and it sucks to see them that low but I know that they will get back up. It is discouraging to see them low but just hide your portfolio and wait.
Activity: 12
I lost half my crypto due to theft. I plan to hold on and I don't think it will be long before my other half makes up for the loss.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 251
Well, we have nothing to do on that buddy which all you have to do must learned your mistakes. I would say much better you should assure everything and control your emotions. During downfall, and it seems you feel so disappointed, just hold it as much as you can but it all depends on you if you want to cut off your losses and sell of some of your shares.
Activity: 205
Do not sell anything, just find the strength to wait. I think that there is no reason for panic.
Activity: 420
Merit: 12
= DINNGO = https://dinngo.co
I'm not yet experienced in trading and do not play big sums, so be cautious while investing in the future..
Activity: 420
Merit: 12
= DINNGO = https://dinngo.co
I really worry because I do not understand things like protocols and blockchain’s structure so it's hard for me to speculate.
Activity: 178
Merit: 1
You are not the first who lost his achievements in the crypto-currency, but nevertheless you have to wait, I think everything will be fine.
Activity: 616
Merit: 321
You entered the portfolio at the peak of its value, no luck. But do not get upset, just expect growth. All analysts forecast significant growth
Activity: 42
First FOMO is a common mistake of the new folks in our community,second you made a common mistake,third you shouldnt blame yourself because most of the people here have done that,fourth you should know how to effectively pick good altcoins with these bunch of shitty coins out there,lastly do a lot of research before investing to any coin because investing blindly is worst than donating your money to charity because 95% of the coins in the market are shitcoins,spending a lot of time doing research could have saved you.

Been there. And so I can tell you this is very good advice. Just to add another point. You may want to look carefully and seek long-term options. Crypto-equity is a new area where tokens are backed by assets and token holders are beneficiaries of shareholding.
Activity: 304
www.daxico.com
Everyone must have experienced the same conditions that you are experiencing right now.
This is the world of cryptocurrency, and basically very unpredictable, the change in the value of cryptocurrency on the market is very fast and volatile,
With the condition that you experience I suggest to stay calm and patient, you better keep holding your crypto assets and sell it when its value raised up high.
Activity: 392
I lost my half of my profit also but i think i will gain 4x 5x when bull season comes back. There will be swings eventually but i think if we choose right projects we will win !!!
Activity: 210
Merit: 11
you have to be patient, I've lost a lot of money.
but as long as you don't sell, you're not lost.
Activity: 686
Merit: 102
Just hold your coins, but in my opinion it would be more safety to invest in BTC or ETH, because coins depends on them. Invest in something, that will grow anyway.
Jump to: