Author

Topic: I lost half of my crypto amount! what to do? - page 105. (Read 10099 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 100
The best thing for you is to hold your coin and wait for reversal in price. The period of waiting is however unknown but you can be sure there will be a reversal and possibly great profit in the future of the coin you invested in. But if you sell you have secure your loss
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
You just invested so much on the wrong period since you lost the chance to invest when they crashed. All you can do now is hodl since those coins are still up there and have so much potential on them. You can still have a huge amount of profit at the right time.

What are your thoughts on my coins? Which should I keep and which should I trash? Looking back I should have put less money but in the big boy coins.

I got cardano, tron, ripple, and ethos.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
with conditions like that the best thing to do is hold the coin in the wallet and expect the coin price to go up or at least stabilize so we do not get bigger losses
Activity: 224
Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange
You just invested so much on the wrong period since you lost the chance to invest when they crashed. All you can do now is hodl since those coins are still up there and have so much potential on them. You can still have a huge amount of profit at the right time.
Activity: 350
Merit: 102
One of the best advice I've read.

"You must understand the time dimension. All losses/profits are temporary until you've made the trade. All altcoins are related but on their own market cycle. Most of your coins are winners but you need the patience to wait for the right time to make each trade."

That's right, for everything there is a cycle even in the cryptocurrency market, once a currency shows a marked bearish trend it has to reach a support where the change of trend occurs and it starts to be bullish, once you buy and arrive to have losses of more than 10% of your investment what remains is to wait for the currency to rise again and not despair.
Activity: 182
Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty
Hold the long term coins that you have bought,sell the shitcoins after the market has recovered and your coins has gained atleast 50% of your losses.Do not trust anyone with your investments so you wont regret in th future,only get those coins which are worthy investments check each coin's background so you would know which is which.
Activity: 142
HODL, HODL, and HODL. Is the safest approach by far. What you can do as well, is being that we are still techincally in a dip, you can buy in low on some other projects, to lower your break even point. But where you have already taken some big losses, it may be wisest to wait it out.

Just remember that this is a normal occurrence in crypto currency. It's nothing new. If you believed in it before, nothing has changed to where you shouldn't still believe in it now. Things will turn around.
Activity: 182
Merit: 19
Just hold the long term coins which you have bought,search which of your coins are good in long term holdings,dispose all the shitcoins in your portfolio and start over until you have achieve your losses,or you already recovered the money that you have lose.Do not forget to do your own research with the background of each coin so that you wont have any regrets in the future.
Activity: 378
Merit: 104
Most everyone's portfolios have fallen since the boom and then correction of January/February. If you are in legitimate coins, then I would recommend holding your position. If you bought pure trash, then you might be in a pickle...
Activity: 490
Merit: 101
Take a deep breath and look at what the market's doing. It's slow going, but it's recovering. Might take a few months, but we'll be back up there soon enough. Patience grass hopper.
Activity: 336
Merit: 15
Mining. Hosting. Cloud Mining.
Well, I believe you got 6 pages of HODL.
I agree. You sell, you lose. Most traders believe that a bullish run is coming, when in doubt, follow the herd...
Activity: 204
You need to search which of the coins you are holding are for good for the long term hold so that you can dispose those coin which arent good investments for the shorterm,cut your losses so that you wont lose everything you had,i suggest conduct your own research first before investing to any of these coins because the market is flooded with so much worthless investments.
Activity: 112
Well, as long as you don't Sell, you still got your money. This is one of the biggest dips but the market will soon get back and we will be on the moon train again!
Just Hold!
Activity: 304
Merit: 250
JUST HODL
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
February 27, 2018, 07:09:41 PM
So I basically got fomoed. Towards the end of 2017 I saw how high bitcoin skyrocketed and decided to invest in ripple as a test. Less than one week it went up 3x. This made me more ballsy and I put in 11k total in various other alt coins like ripple, ethos, tron, and cardano. After the crash I lost about half of my value just like that. I am frustrated with the experience and wish I would have just put in 1k or something. I wish I could just not invested and went into what I was doing earlier which was just investing the boring and traditional way. Should I wait and hodl or pull out and do something else?

is the best hold long term
alternative you can cut lost and then buy another coin can fast up
Activity: 210
Merit: 12
February 27, 2018, 07:08:21 PM
You have a bad investment because you didnt do a lot of researching before buying anything,you need to know that most of the coins the market are worthless,that is why most of the people who know are calling these altcoins worthless because thats only the truth these coins doesnt have any good use in our real life,what you can do is to avoid these coins in your way by conducting deep researching.
Activity: 518
Merit: 101
February 27, 2018, 07:04:34 PM
So I basically got fomoed. Towards the end of 2017 I saw how high bitcoin skyrocketed and decided to invest in ripple as a test. Less than one week it went up 3x. This made me more ballsy and I put in 11k total in various other alt coins like ripple, ethos, tron, and cardano. After the crash I lost about half of my value just like that. I am frustrated with the experience and wish I would have just put in 1k or something. I wish I could just not invested and went into what I was doing earlier which was just investing the boring and traditional way. Should I wait and hodl or pull out and do something else?
Same case scenario for most in this system. Don't panic. It won't help and it may only make things worst. This is basically one of the risks included in crypto investment. But the good thing is, most coins don't remain at a low. They will eventually increase in value over time. You just need patience. And you need to learn to get a hold of yourself in situations like this. Just hold your coins. They'll get up there sooner or later.
Activity: 700
Merit: 117
February 27, 2018, 07:04:25 PM
Hold is not the only option if we have experience a huge dump,  we can sell it even if we are losing ang shift into other coins.  We will think also that not all the time we gain profit, it sometimes we get loss due to the fact that market prices are still unpredictable. We should accept loses sometimes because that's the reality.
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
February 27, 2018, 07:00:44 PM
New investors are entering the market, not much knowledge and experience will easily be affected by FOMO. If you have invested $ 11,000 in such altcoins then only hold and wait for the rates of those cryptos to recover. Tracking the index regularly, but should not sell because the seller will make sure you will suffer losses.
copper member
Activity: 630
Merit: 420
We are Bitcoin!
February 27, 2018, 07:00:16 PM
Should I wait and hodl or pull out and do something else?

You are definitely new in the game. In a year you will find few times the ALTs will pump no guarantee although. I suggest do your best researching why the coins are dropping. If you find valid reasons then try to settle even in lose. If you find it's just because for the current market situation then hold.

Most of the ALTs do not have any  dollar value so they always follow the price of BTC. When BTC pumps they stay still then when BTC settles after the pump then the ALTs starts to pump and vice versa. I have seen it from my experience.

It really is your own decision what to do. Always invest that you can afford to lose. Be patience and strategic in your investment. Do not get FOMOed or run after FUD.

And by the way you are not alone. This situation is very common and will continue until Bitcoin again hits around 20k (My guess by the way)

it seems that you are not alone in facing this situation, I am too, even my friend is worse...
Lastly, know that I am still bag holding a couple of alts from last year some of which I have had for 10 months now (and don't know when I can get rid of but will wait it out).

-These are just some example picks.

XRP was a manipulated coin that is why you have lost a lot with this coin.

- I am on the same page like you. It's a centralised coin for the Banking system

Many altcoin project still have good future such as Eth, Neo, Iota, etc. So, you just need to waiting it or buying some other prospect coins that will recover your loss.
-Ada, wabi, UTK, DBC are also some good project in my opinion. Reality is except few like ETH, NEO all other coins are in relatively in deep. It's time to buy not to sell.
Jump to: