Author

Topic: I lost half of my crypto amount! what to do? - page 104. (Read 10099 times)

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500
It seems here that you have a wrong choice on where to invest. I suggest that you should first do some research before investing on one coins or whichever coins you wish to invest. Researching will help you a lot in investing. I suggest you should first look at the market whether the there is a stable graph or whenever there is an increase inline. You should also look at the white paper wherein you can see there a lot of coins. You can also look for their site of the coins. Its really helpful.
I think luck is also an important factor not just skilled in analysis and research only, as you know that ETH and Bitcoin are potential coins but lately the price of both coins has decreased even more than 50%, my money is also reduced 50% if I sell it now, I think the patience factor will also help you to not lose
Activity: 336
Merit: 12
Well it depends on your situation, if you want to recover your remaining funds and take the loss, then sell all of your cryptocurrencies in that way you could recover atleast half of your funds remaining after the loss and if you want to still hold on and hope that bitcoin will rose again after the huge dip (apperently bitcoin is slowly rising and going back to 11k) then hold on to your coins especially bitcoin and ethereum.
Activity: 176
Merit: 0
I suggest you hold it and you will get the value back  so my advice is it to wait for the market rise and make research and attention of the market.
Activity: 392
Merit: 13
Never invest more than you are willing to lose. Also try to diversify your portfolio into as many coins as possible. By doing that you are reducing your risk of losses. Always try to invest more than 50% of your portfolio into high market cap coins as they are less likely to dump and are safer bets.
Activity: 966
Merit: 111
When you lose your crypto assets, you can not do when your crypto is lost. There is no responsibility because it is a personal risk of each. And you must remember the future you have to be careful.
Activity: 475
Merit: 251
VTOS
I personally lost more than half of my  money on altcoins, but I don' mind. I invested professionally on some good altcoins and I am sure markets will react and pull my coins back on their previous prices!
Activity: 84
you will be able to know which coins would give you a lot of money in the future.Just HODL.If you believe in the long term prospects of the coins you chose you will have soon or later your investment back
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
So I basically got fomoed. Towards the end of 2017 I saw how high bitcoin skyrocketed and decided to invest in ripple as a test. Less than one week it went up 3x. This made me more ballsy and I put in 11k total in various other alt coins like ripple, ethos, tron, and cardano. After the crash I lost about half of my value just like that. I am frustrated with the experience and wish I would have just put in 1k or something. I wish I could just not invested and went into what I was doing earlier which was just investing the boring and traditional way. Should I wait and hodl or pull out and do something else?
i think half of the holder here experiencing something like this.me myself had felt the same w.but for my past experiences in crypto my eyes saw this for couple of times so maybe this is the reason why im confidently holdng my whole portfolio and now im feeling relieved as coins starting to grow.maybe it would take time but sure will recover soon
Activity: 1540
Merit: 500
So I basically got fomoed. Towards the end of 2017 I saw how high bitcoin skyrocketed and decided to invest in ripple as a test. Less than one week it went up 3x. This made me more ballsy and I put in 11k total in various other alt coins like ripple, ethos, tron, and cardano. After the crash I lost about half of my value just like that. I am frustrated with the experience and wish I would have just put in 1k or something. I wish I could just not invested and went into what I was doing earlier which was just investing the boring and traditional way. Should I wait and hodl or pull out and do something else?

ok. Why did you invest if you didn't have faith in those altcoins? It has only been two months since your investment and as many have mentioned bitcoin usually struggles between first few weeks/months. They will eventually gain but you should be very careful with your investment. Don't invest anything you can't afford to lose. take this as a lesson for future and hodl.
Activity: 6
I am going to hodl. I only need one of these coins to make it big to recoup my losses. Right now I am about 5k so hopefully I can regain my losses
Activity: 169
in fact, if you didn't lose anything, all thy assets remain intact. you only see in terms of the currency just so you look loss and loss of capital, but actually, if you want to wait then it is not impossible that you could get results.
Activity: 770
Merit: 101
fLibero.financial
Start all over again but this time more intelligently. Cryptocurrency is in complete contrast to wall street and stock market and that doesn't mean it is inferior to them in quality and potential for profit. Study the coin you are investing in and learn.
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
You should not complain about this here because what you are experiencing is due to your wrong decision in the past. It is an expensive lesson for you, and you will have experience in trading if you still want to continue. I advise you not to become a FOMOer, do not decide to buy any Altcoin when it is going up too high.
Activity: 196
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
Experience is the best teacher, you should be happy that you learned something, if you can take a loss, so I suggest that you continue to hold these tokens, so when the bull market comes, you don't have any lost.
Activity: 616
Merit: 252

Do you need the money now or you can still live without that money? If you can still take the loss then maybe you can still buy more of the coins you still believe would increase and maybe let go of those coins that you think are just hype and the more you hold it, the more you lose an opportunity to invest in the coins that has potential. You got fomoed and I believe you learn the lesson from it. If you like swing trading then you can try taking back your loss by slowly accumulating small profits from time to time.
Activity: 308
I think you can wait for the time to come and for the price to go up. If you sell them, you may lose the money forever but if you wait you may win them back.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
It seems here that you have a wrong choice on where to invest. I suggest that you should first do some research before investing on one coins or whichever coins you wish to invest. Researching will help you a lot in investing. I suggest you should first look at the market whether the there is a stable graph or whenever there is an increase inline. You should also look at the white paper wherein you can see there a lot of coins. You can also look for their site of the coins. Its really helpful.
Activity: 229
You just invested so much on the wrong period since you lost the chance to invest when they crashed. All you can do now is hodl since those coins are still up there and have so much potential on them. You can still have a huge amount of profit at the right time.
Yes, The problem here is his choice. If the coin is competing for the value of the use or utility or loses its popularity in the market. In addition, many external influences affect its value. Hold and maintain can increase the damage or can not return to the equilibrium value. A coin for sustainable growth and strong growth must create a trend and value for use in the world community.
Activity: 588
Merit: 100
Just hold and take relax, in my opinion on March the crypto market will change to uptrend, and not all the times the market will stay in the current price and they will move and going up. So just wait patient for that, and not only you on floating minus but there are many trader and investor are the same situation.
Activity: 49
pulling out now makes your losses realized. stay strong and HODL
Jump to: