Pages:
Author

Topic: I quit my job to do full-time crypto-trading. Made 12 BTC profit last month - page 28. (Read 10811 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 34
Here are the possible Bitcoin price scenarios I'm thinking of.
Btw, good start of the day, BTC!

I admire people leaving their jobs to get focus in day trading. So hows the profit today?

It doesn't work that way most of the time.

The changes in the price of Bitcoin since we all know it is a volatile cryptocurrency can affect your profit, obviously. That is why it will not always be a profit, there will be losses and it is up to you how will you cope up with that loss.
not every day people will benefit from the trading they do. even though they have quit their jobs, and are focused on trading, in market conditions like this, I think they will hold back. Well, I'm even waiting for the right time to make a big profit. in fact, it could be said that I had held assets for several months waiting for the right time to sell. even though I'm already focused, but I feel that it's quite difficult to get 1 or that 0.5 bitcoin per month.

Absolutely agree with the first part of your message. You should not trade "something". You need to trade particular things with particular setups. Even thought you will have to wait for ages.. Otherwise, you will waste your money and when the moment comes (that right moment) you will not be able to get profits.

As for the second part of your message, it depends on your capital under management. Probably you are genious and your trading is really outstanding. It would be better to express your success in % or as I did share the initial sum under management.
Do you go long as well if you see a reverse pattern that you described?

Which exactly pattern are you talking about?
Well, I do act according to patterns, but I also consider strong levels and other market signs.. the patterns should not go separate.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Do you go long as well if you see a reverse pattern that you described?
Old kind buying on dips.

It has broken out $10,220 and started a range.
Looking for the next steps

I admire people leaving their jobs to get focus in day trading. So hows the profit today?

The changes in the price of Bitcoin since we all know it is a volatile cryptocurrency can affect your profit, obviously. That is why it will not always be a profit, there will be losses and it is up to you how will you cope up with that loss.

Definitely, it is not always profitable
But when the price goes not your way or the market is flat, your key instrument is a wise money management and risk management
Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

Pump & Dump, Trump & Dump 👀
One of the market drivers

Just to remind you:
http://bit.ly/2MlONdY
http://bit.ly/33F1wOf

Hey. I'm Mark. Shortly about myself: quit my major job to earn my way by trading and it exceeded my expectations. What I got from it that everything is possible, guys.

Here will be the deals I make, some of the stuff to continue the learning curve and anything I found interesting to share with you.
Disclaimer: None of this is financial advice, do your own research, share and earn.

[ 12 years in trading, 4 years in crypto trading ]

Here's one of them:

Each deal is a piece of art

Follow me on Twitter to keep up with the latest trades, get price analysis and other trading hints:
https://twitter.com/MarkRobTrades

After some backtesting I realized that sometimes works and sometimes doesn't but is not that easy to make it profitable. How do you discriminate when to enter and when not to enter the trade? What is your exit?

Hello!
May you please clarify what exactly were you testing?
It's not that easy at all indeed. But it all is possible.
When I see a setup I use (I determine this before starting trading), I enter. But put strict limits on each position (risk-reward ratio, appropriate position size, stop losses). When I enter a position which does not comply with my trading plan (just because I decided to grab som eprofits and consider the position to be promising), I often move my stops to breakeven.
When I lose, or feel that the position will bring be a loss or nothing, I close it and look immediately for new opportunities. By the way, when the position is pointless, I close it too to use the money in a more promosing position.
Something like that. Cheers!

As for price action pattern at the chart (actually any pattern), there is no pattern which always works. But you can manage your profits and losses.

While entering every time when there is a DBHLC has negative expectancy in Bitcoin and Ethereum, I realized that if you do that while in a bear trend and keeping a small RRR it is profitable in the 1H timeframe. I was curious if you backtested it and you know if it only works well on a certain timeframe or in a trend market or given a correct exit. For what I feel about your trading style you have some rules but you are not very strict, instead you are using your gutfeeling, and I'm not saying that is a bad thing at all.
Cheers!

Definitely! There is no sense in trading the patterns which are not backtested.
What time period did you choose for backtesting?
I prefer smaller timeframes.

What is needed to clarify is that in the majority of cases DBHLC and other patterns perform well in conjunction with other instruments. For instance, if a DBHLC appears at the bottom of the range, the pattern is less likely to work because it is the area of the buyers. Therefore, patterns must always be used in conjunction with other technical analysis tools to obtain fruitful results.

Only when the decision is reasonable.. Not that cases of 2017, when non-traders were leaving their jobs and going nowhere after the crash

Here are my profits for July - August

Detailed report on July trades is here: http://bit.ly/2OuIOFo
Activity: 9
Hey. I'm Mark. Shortly about myself: quit my major job to earn my way by trading and it exceeded my expectations. What I got from it that everything is possible, guys.

Here will be the deals I make, some of the stuff to continue the learning curve and anything I found interesting to share with you.
Disclaimer: None of this is financial advice, do your own research, share and earn.

Here's one of them:
https://i.postimg.cc/1tT6ksD0/price-action-0522.jpg

Follow me on Twitter to keep up with the latest trades, get price analysis and other trading hints:

After some backtesting I realized that sometimes works and sometimes doesn't but is not that easy to make it profitable. How do you discriminate when to enter and when not to enter the trade? What is your exit?

Hello!
When I see a setup I use (I determine this before starting trading), I enter. But put strict limits on each position (risk-reward ratio, appropriate position size, stop losses). When I enter a position which does not comply with my trading plan (just because I decided to grab som eprofits and consider the position to be promising), I often move my stops to breakeven.
When I lose, or feel that the position will bring be a loss or nothing, I close it and look immediately for new opportunities. By the way, when the position is pointless, I close it too to use the money in a more promosing position.

As for price action pattern at the chart (actually any pattern), there is no pattern which always works. But you can manage your profits and losses.

While entering every time when there is a DBHLC has negative expectancy in Bitcoin and Ethereum, I realized that if you do that while in a bear trend and keeping a small RRR it is profitable in the 1H timeframe. I was curious if you backtested it and you know if it only works well on a certain timeframe or in a trend market or given a correct exit. For what I feel about your trading style you have some rules but you are not very strict, instead you are using your gutfeeling, and I'm not saying that is a bad thing at all.
Cheers!

Here's one of them:

Hello!

Hey, one more interesting point.
Look at Fear Index Dynamics:
http://bit.ly/2Kz0onJ

It indicated extreme fear when #BTC reached $9,500.

Imo, there's nothing to be afraid of. As the price grew in  short term and fluctuations in a wide range of $8,000-$16,000 are NORMAL.
Activity: 9

Here's one of them:
https://i.postimg.cc/1tT6ksD0/price-action-0522.jpg

🏁Trading results update 🏁

Crypto falling, capital growing

Detailed report on July trades is here: http://bit.ly/2OuIOFo

Look what's here.

2 highly possible ways of movement. If $10800 is broken out, we may roll back even to $9500.

Boom! Reached $9,500. It worked guys 💥 (see the post retweeted). The price is not such a mystery. It only pretends to be!

Activity: 552
Merit: 110

Do what you love to do, providing it can bring you a steady income, and you will never work another day in your life.
Activity: 406
Merit: 301
That xrp dump is probably caused cuz of really bad xrp news.
Ripple, common! It's going crazy. Broken all support lines possible and impossible.

Catching bearish rally. Entered on the resistance rebound and hre we go with a strong support breakout. Enough for today.

Pages:
Jump to: