Pages:
Author

Topic: I was hacked (1170btc stolen) - 500btc max BOUNTY - page 6. (Read 35618 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
So are you saying that bitmixer has to be aware of "stolen bitcoins" why the hell does he need to care where the bitcoins are coming from?
Because if he doesn't, he's a criminal, KNOWINGLY partaking in criminal activity.

Somebody paying for an item, buying a property is one thing.

But someone who gets paid to hide the tracks of where money comes from is in another league.
This is a much bigger question than just saying, "just this one time." You are either for privacy, or against it when it doesn't suit you. Pick one. If the latter, then just denounce the very premise of mixers already.

Read above post. Plus

I am totally for privacy. Mixers can be used for privacy and I am all for that.

So I'm for privacy.

But a mixer can be operated where the chance of mixing stolen coins is minimised, which I wrote about in the other thread.

Anyone who comes up and says

"My name is XYZ, from country XYZ. You can see my identity here.

I am running a mixing service to protect peoples privacy. There are no fees, I am providing a service I feel is essential for the bitcoin network.

The mixing service takes (for example) one week to spit out your coins at the other end, so I can be sure they are not reported stolen. After a week where no claims of theft have been made and evidence provided, they will be returned mixed."

I'm down with that.

So you can have mixers and privacy and a good deal of transparency about who owns the mixing service without any trouble.

You argument that you are either for or against mixers is totally false, as there are all the shades in between.

A mixing service that held funds for a week and responded to any claims of theft would probably hardly ever mix stolen coins.

A mixer who will takes anyones coins - without question - and put them through a mixer after only 1 or 2 confirmations is no doubt a criminal, knowingly working for criminals. Especially if they are openly discussing in their thread how to get rid of their dirty coins on an exchange, to cover tracks of theft.

Stop trying to brand everyone who doesn't like obvious money laundering as anti-privacy. It's a pathetic argument.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
The mixer has done nothing wrong.  The mixer is not obligated to keep customer records.  The mixer simply makes change.
This is fucking awful argument, I can't believe you and CEG5952 are still trying to convince everyone blatant money laundering is a-okay.

Please go to your local police department and tell them you accepted $750,000 in stolen cash, in marked bank notes and exchanged them for $746,000 in unmarked notes.

Tell them you knowingly partook in this money laundering operation to disguise the proceeds of crime so that it could not be traced back to the original theft.

Tell them you have done nothing wrong and have kept no records. Tell them you were just giving the thief change for a $750,000 note.

And when you get out of prison in 10 or 15 years, please tell us what it was like.

So are you saying that bitmixer has to be aware of "stolen bitcoins" why the hell does he need to care where the bitcoins are coming from?, so if im selling houses, do i have to go to the bank to trace down all the bills the customers give me so i can be sure they dint get used by something illegal??

think twice please.

In this case you got lucky because they admit to have received them , in other case they just dont talk anything and they can say all the mixing is automatically and they dont put hands on during the process.
The mixer has done nothing wrong.  The mixer is not obligated to keep customer records.  The mixer simply makes change.
This is fucking awful argument, I can't believe you and CEG5952 are still trying to convince everyone blatant money laundering is a-okay.

Please go to your local police department and tell them you accepted $750,000 in stolen cash, in marked bank notes and exchanged them for $746,000 in unmarked notes.

Tell them you knowingly partook in this money laundering operation to disguise the proceeds of crime so that it could not be traced back to the original theft.

Tell them you have done nothing wrong and have kept no records. Tell them you were just giving the thief change for a $750,000 note.

And when you get out of prison in 10 or 15 years, please tell us what it was like.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

If you want to learn something take the time to read this entire thread from the first post.  You will find it very educational.

I was reading this thread from post 1... maybe I missed one of the pages? Can you track me on the right direction? Instead of being sarcastic?
Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131
All paid signature campaigns should be banned.
at the moment only 368BTC remain unmixed Sad

This is very sad that things like that are just that simple ...

I hope he left some nice clues somewhere else instead of tracking coins ...

currently biggest amounts @

https://blockchain.info/pl/address/1GKiZEENq3k9Y9ogSP68dDX9XLgLvNwca9
https://blockchain.info/pl/address/197VbaCPmJLHE6HWWHvqMJhK2HGwAshBVW
Those coins you are tracking are his old coins.  The coins he gave to the mixer when he got change from them.  It is like you are tracking the $100 bill in my example above.  He moved on a long time ago once he got his change from the mixer (totally unrelated BTC).  Why are you tracking the original BTC?  Are you just curious as to how mixers work?  Wondering about the other clients of the mixer?  I am curious.

Sorry if I am doing something wrong but all I did was tracking biggest transaction from a thief address till this is what is at the end at the momend ... I though that those coins are related as those transactions begins from thief address and a tree of transactions is clearly showing that those are branches. But I might doing something not right indeed. ..

I am very bad at tracking anyone Smiley I am just trying to warn people to keep an eye on those addresses.
But if you say those are not related at all ...  
For me they are as llike I told before ...

Regards.
If you want to learn something take the time to read this entire thread from the first post.  You will find it very educational.
legendary

Those coins you are tracking are his old coins.  The coins he gave to the mixer when he got change from them.  It is like you are tracking the $100 bill in my example above.  He moved on a long time ago once he got his change from the mixer (totally unrelated BTC).  Why are you tracking the original BTC?  Are you just curious as to how mixers work?  Wondering about the other clients of the mixer?  I am curious.

Sorry if I am doing something wrong but all I did was tracking biggest transaction from a thief address till this is what is at the end at the moment... I though that those coins are related as those transactions begins from thief address and a tree of transactions is clearly showing that those are branches. But I might doing something not right indeed. ..

I am very bad at tracking anyone Smiley I am just trying to warn people to keep an eye on those addresses.
But if you say those are not related at all ...  
For me they are as llike I told before ...

Regards.
legendary
Off topic but I would fully support immediate perm bans for anyone with a paid signature.  That would instantly clean up the entire bitcointalk forum.

Just the opinion of a cranky old timer.
1170 BTC wow .. thats like over $600k

Wheres the main Address again ?

I will start ignoring some of those who has primedice on their signature, as i said, many here are only typing non-sense posts, some just to raise his post count.
legendary

legendary

Well ... perhaps it is worth to read at least OP of the thread before asking about something what is in the OP Smiley

Regards.

Dear HEADHUNTERS,

43% of any btc I will be able to get back IF you find the identity of the thief!

If the whole amount will be returned to me (1170BTC) that would be 500BTC.

https://blockchain.info/nl/address/1GwNLwoCQiobJzmURSAq54vH4BYjFkwaxr

FIND HIM!!!
Activity: 560

If you give me a $100 bill and I give you back $100 in change in smaller bills have I committed a crime?

If, after you are long gone I find out that the $100 bill you gave me was stolen have I committed a crime and am I obligate to return the $100 bill to the injured party?

Is it my responsibility to get AML and KYC information from every random stranger that asks me for change?  If I don't is it a crime?

That is what a mixer does:  makes change.  It takes in fungible BTC and returns fungible BTC.

After the mixer made change for the thief the thief still had the stolen money.  Yes they were different UTXOs but he is still guilty and he still has the money.

Unless you don't think BTC are fungible?

If you are in that camp then those of us that do believe it is fungible will fight you to the death of Bitcoin.  Because if you win and Bitcoins are not fungible then they becomes just curious collectible cryptographic anomolies and the entire Bitcoin concept will die.

Those of us that are looking for an altenative to the current government/bank issued toilet paper will all move on to an alt that is fungible by design because it automatically mixes all coins in all transactions in every block in order to avoid this entire conversation.

Bingo. If you want some reversible payment system centered around government authority and laws, you may want to look elsewhere than bitcoin.

I prefer my bitcoins to be fungible.

Yeah its just that this topic is full of newbies wanting the supposed reward, there were some even asking where is bitmixer located, if they had put in the minimum effort they had knew that by whois.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Buy and sell bitcoins,
If you give me a $100 bill and I give you back $100 in change in smaller bills have I committed a crime?

If, after you are long gone I find out that the $100 bill you gave me was stolen have I committed a crime and am I obligate to return the $100 bill to the injured party?

Is it my responsibility to get AML and KYC information from every random stranger that asks me for change?  If I don't is it a crime?

That is what a mixer does:  makes change.  It takes in fungible BTC and returns fungible BTC.

After the mixer made change for the thief the thief still had the stolen money.  Yes they were different UTXOs but he is still guilty and he still has the money.

If you are in that camp then those of us that do believe it is fungible will fight you to the death of Bitcoin.  Because if you win and Bitcoins are not fungible then they becomes just curious collectible cryptographic anomolies and the entire Bitcoin concept will die.

Those of us that are looking for an altenative to the current government/bank issued toilet paper will all move on to an alt that is fungible by design because it automatically mixes all coins in all transactions in every block in order to avoid this entire conversation.

Bingo. If you want some reversible payment system centered around government authority and laws, you may want to look elsewhere than bitcoin.

I prefer my bitcoins to be fungible.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1204
The revolution will be digital
I don think bitmixer will release any info unless the department want from them

else it will just broke thier business .

I don't think anyone else would look at bitmixer any differently if they gave up those details.  They are doing the right thing in this instance.

Really? I'd certainly campaign for users to boycott them. WTF is the point of mixers if the community is going to arbitrarily decide when mixers ought to betray the trust of their customers?

This is a much bigger question than just saying, "just this one time." You are either for privacy, or against it when it doesn't suit you. Pick one. If the latter, then just denounce the very premise of mixers already.

What country is this service located? They might be legally obliged to keep a record and cooperate with the authorities. Theft of this amount of money is a felony in the US (over 10 years prison).  If they don't disclose the information and did not keep a record, they might be legally responsible both criminally and open to civil lawsuit.

Probably none of the mixers are operating from US, not even from some properly regulated EU country. So catching a mixer owner is not an easy deal. But, if they're caught, it'll be difficult for them to evade imprisonment.
Anyway whats the point of getting the data from bitmixer, what do you think you gonna get, ips no because his using tor/other shit obviously?? the hacker can spread the bitcoins into hundreds of addresses containing 1 or 2 bitcoins, then he waits some months and start using them, do you think an exchange will ban an address, or all those addreses?

What if they personally sell 10 bitcoins in a hand to hand trade ? and then that person puts that btcs on an exchange? klee denounces the exchange to investigate that deposit and once the person says he bought the btcs from a random guy, the funds cannot be frozen and the guy is not obligated to do nothing because the bitcoin addresses dont have a name pegged to it, if this dont occur, damn, so bitcoin is worthless, i would not buy any more bitcoin because i wouldnt know if they were used to buy slaves or something.
Activity: 644

I don't think anyone else would look at bitmixer any differently if they gave up those details.  They are doing the right thing in this instance.

Really? I'd certainly campaign for users to boycott them. WTF is the point of mixers if the community is going to arbitrarily decide when mixers ought to betray the trust of their customers?

What country is this service located? They might be legally obliged to keep a record and cooperate with the authorities. Theft of this amount of money is a felony in the US (over 10 years prison).  If they don't disclose the information and did not keep a record, they might be legally responsible both criminally and open to civil lawsuit.
Activity: 658
Buy and sell bitcoins,

They said they delete all data after hours, so triying to get info from bitmixer is not the right way, bit mixer is just a service, and by holding bitcoins you should know that without security anyone can steal them and put them in a mixer and you never knew who was. We are all wanting anonymity and you try to force one of the few services that offers that.
Cmon bitcoin itself washes money, i doubt that 50% of the people here have declared to a tax regulator their BTC holdings and incomes.
So im so sorry for your lost, but we should work in another way, triying to find ip by another method.
Pages:
Jump to: