Pages:
Author

Topic: ICO New format scam - page 6. (Read 25021 times)

Activity: 365
Merit: 1
January 23, 2019, 08:27:28 AM
Well most of the projects are running short on investments now a days and that is because of the lack of interest by the investors. So many ICOs are not reaching the softcap, some who claim to have reached the softcap are actually their own investment to make investors believe that the project is doing great to get investment but when they still don't invest then the project starts refunding.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 523
January 23, 2019, 07:53:00 AM
That format is common like for sure once they pause in the middle of running ICO for sure high chance  to become scam it will not be good for us who invested to ICO.  Maybe someday it will have new format to scam people so better always be aware and tell to anyone if they really have new one so we can prevent investing to the ICO are not legit and earn more money instead of losing it.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 651
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
January 23, 2019, 07:52:29 AM
We have what we have. These are cryptocurrency, blockchain, decentralization, anonymity, these criteria allow impunity for all those who carry out dishonest fundraising and their subsequent theft. We can only wait, identify the scams as real detectives, and hope that this will help reduce its number.
Activity: 3024
Merit: 651
January 23, 2019, 07:47:44 AM
I think I have invested in one of these types of ICO.

Just a little investment though. The project is really promising and they reached the soft cap. Later they announced bankruptcy and said the soft cap is not enough to pay for everything. Problem is they did not pay back. Urgh.

Good thing it is just a trial for me.
copper member
Activity: 168
Merit: 0
January 23, 2019, 07:30:58 AM
Hai guys now days people are really  depressed this kind of new scam .They are Lost lot amount from this kind of format and getting only 40% return back.

1) ICO Stopped or Paused

2) Refund - When  eth more 200 to 300 USD people invested some ICO now they are stopped and started refund now Eth price 95 USD .

3) Some ICO announced Soft cap reached successfully later their also follow this kind of refund method .

ex:
 Trecento , Humancoin ,Vanig and etc.

This is really annoying, People invested their hard earned money and these scammers just find a way to scam people in a regular way. We need to be very careful about project team, whitepaper, and financial status of the project.
Activity: 378
Merit: 2
January 23, 2019, 07:18:51 AM
It is a little fair seeing some who still return funds. I have seen some projects that will not return your fun no matter how the market plunges.
They will scam to the nearest minimum.
This is why we need to be watchful on the type of project to invest in.
It is not just enough to read white papers or reviews from others, but to also know the team members.
Be sure of their integrity.
copper member
Activity: 118
January 23, 2019, 05:36:44 AM
You might be right but what i know is that most ICO refund  people money back when total asset raised can not support the cost  of the whole project  .. lets say they needed  $20 million usd for the whole  project to be successful and investors started investing when ETH price was $400 usd right  now ETH price  is $119  so its  means that  they cant continues the project right now . something most project never reach  hardcap . so they must be refund . i think refund is better than sending you a  shit tokens .. All we have to do as investor is do more research before we invest  ..
Activity: 350
Merit: 1
January 23, 2019, 04:56:31 AM
It's hard to do something about it, because ICO very often does not collect the required amount, after which everything that you have described happens!
Activity: 882
Merit: 269
January 23, 2019, 03:50:13 AM
Hai guys now days people are really  depressed this kind of new scam .They are Lost lot amount from this kind of format and getting only 40% return back.

1) ICO Stopped or Paused

2) Refund - When  eth more 200 to 300 USD people invested some ICO now they are stopped and started refund now Eth price 95 USD .

3) Some ICO announced Soft cap reached successfully later their also follow this kind of refund method .

ex:
I never see this kind of manipulations and op really make point here.  I do invest into many icos and there is one I invested when ethereum was $1200 and up till now nothing has been done.  No single response from them on both twitter,  facebook and Ann thread here for more than 8 months now.
Activity: 252
Merit: 10
January 23, 2019, 03:40:37 AM
Many projects in 2018 failed to achieve the goal and the reason was mainly the lack of fees and of course the price that fell to a minimum.
Activity: 644
Merit: 100
January 23, 2019, 03:36:05 AM
Most of this scummy ICO's doing everything possible to kill the crypto industry. They changed rules all the time. Even ETh - Vitalik just decides without users opinion what to do with ETH.
Activity: 966
Merit: 254
January 23, 2019, 03:20:12 AM

1) ICO Stopped or Paused

ex:
Welcome to the world of cryptocurrencies. And what is your idea what may ICOs to do with your funds? Exchanging Ethereum tokens into dollars? And if bull market comes and 1 Ethereum will cost again 1500USD? Still you will complain.  Roll Eyes
copper member
January 23, 2019, 03:16:01 AM

1) ICO Stopped or Paused

ex:
We know the whole market is in under pressure so if anyone invests in any ICO they must know that ICO properly. But I think it's not time to invest in any ICO. On the other hand, most of ICO is a scam that's why the results are very sad for investors' capital.

I agree with that . Now am start to focusing on STO.When compare to ICO STO not much risk factor .
Activity: 336
Merit: 12
January 23, 2019, 02:32:35 AM
Its tiresome for me to keep doing research everyday on ICOs ,its better to just ignore them ,I'm so tired of ICO and I will never invest my hatdearned cash in any of them
Activity: 687
Merit: 11
January 23, 2019, 02:20:51 AM
investors will certainly suffer losses because their current ETH value is far below the previous price.

on the bright side, investors actually do not lose anything, because their ETH is back intact. only the value drops.
Activity: 1106
Crypto in my Blood
January 23, 2019, 12:17:40 AM

1) ICO Stopped or Paused

ex:
We know the whole market is in under pressure so if anyone invests in any ICO they must know that ICO properly. But I think it's not time to invest in any ICO. On the other hand, most of ICO is a scam that's why the results are very sad for investors' capital.
Activity: 1022
January 23, 2019, 12:06:35 AM
to work on chance as investors might expecting returns from developer as referring service on offers and gathering use with numbers on returns to improve with the rise on price with the token on exchange with the market.
BitbondSTO.com | Germany’s First STO | Earn Stable
January 22, 2019, 07:26:03 PM

1) ICO Stopped or Paused

ex:

What about the ICO extended by their tokensale?
I found that some of them are still in the extension of time, they have reached the softcap, even if it is less than 5% of Hardcap, but they are still extending the ICO period.
Activity: 196
January 22, 2019, 07:06:38 PM

1) ICO Stopped or Paused

ex:

At list you should be happy they returned your ether as there are Scammy ICOs who don't even bother to return the funds to the investors. What if you think from project point of view if they converted their raised funds into USD the instead of Bear market Bull run started??? Investors invested Ether & ether is very volatile at list they refunded investors.
Activity: 552
Merit: 250
January 22, 2019, 07:03:53 PM
Better to avoid most of the ICO nowadays since there is just a bearish signal everywhere so you won't get scammed.  Roll Eyes

Not all of them avoid because some of ICO was scam and their is a few ICO that legit but I agree on what you said because if we are basing on the previous  years of bounty or campaign and ICO was legit on 5% base on my estimation was scam but right 80% was scam and few was legit so make it sure always that ICO you are joining was not scam.
Pages:
Jump to: