Pages:
Author

Topic: ICO New format scam - page 9. (Read 25021 times)

Activity: 78
Merit: 1
December 09, 2018, 07:26:33 AM
In my opinion the paused and stopped ICO were not intentionally as it is. I believe that due to the market bear momentum the developers doesn't have a choice but to postponed the project in order to minimize the possible huge lose once pursuing the project. Maybe some are scam but not all of them. I also think that once the market is in good condition they will resume the project.
Activity: 932
Merit: 100
arcs-chain.com
December 09, 2018, 07:19:44 AM
I do not know whether to call those projects scam projects or not. For example Humancoin, they have to return the money to investors, it can not be called scam, you invest in a project, there That means you have accepted the risk of price fluctuations. But they do not pay a bounty hunter, it's a scam.
Activity: 378
Merit: 10
December 09, 2018, 06:38:36 AM
This is a bad situation for cryptocurrency which people should be think many times before putting their money on those ICO. Trust only if you have fully understand their projects and had verified that the team are real person which has committed to work with the project.
Activity: 658
Merit: 108
December 09, 2018, 06:32:07 AM
These ICO scams are indeed regretful. I don't want to advocate scammers but it might be also the fault of their management team. Lots of them don't have contingency plans for  drop in cryptocurrency price, not reaching a soft cap etc.
Activity: 333
December 09, 2018, 05:55:56 AM
The scams have always existed, and scammers will try their best to deceive investors, so it is wise to not invest in ICO. This can almost avoid 99% of cryptocurrency scams. The abuse of ICO has caused the cryptocurrency market to be rejected by the government.
Activity: 812
Merit: 120
https://combonetwork.io/
December 09, 2018, 03:24:45 AM
if this continues, ICO will be abandoned by investors.
so sad for me to see ICO lately, I personally don't dare to invest in ICO for a while.
sometimes I miss a successful ICO, and the price does not fall in value when listing on the exchange.
Activity: 388
December 09, 2018, 03:13:20 AM
These projects are very friendly and Ethereum has been devalued. They can refund the consumer, this is a miracle. In fact, they can do it without refund. ICO has great shortcomings that no one can change.
Activity: 1009
Merit: 328
December 09, 2018, 12:19:21 AM
Yes it is very sad. Therefore, when choosing ICO, you need to be very careful and attentive in order not to lose your money.

Before going to an ICO project you should know that more than 70% are fraudulent, and that this number is still going up. Be more careful, and do not try to run after the benefits and then get nothing. Let remember Grin
Yes I agree on that we need to be more careful because the number of scammer on the feild is really increasing. I believe that we can prevent our self from being victimized by the scammer we only need to be more smart and be more temperate on selecting the good ICO.  We need to research first before we invest for us to earn and not to failed investing in ico is really high at risk today because there are so many scam ico.
Activity: 348
December 09, 2018, 12:10:34 AM
Yes it is very sad. Therefore, when choosing ICO, you need to be very careful and attentive in order not to lose your money.

Before going to an ICO project you should know that more than 70% are fraudulent, and that this number is still going up. Be more careful, and do not try to run after the benefits and then get nothing. Let remember Grin
copper member
Activity: 350
Merit: 0
December 08, 2018, 11:39:26 PM

This time very hard to choose good ICO because most of the ICO Stopped .
copper member
Activity: 350
December 08, 2018, 11:37:50 PM
Hai guys now days people are really  depressed this kind of new scam .They are Lost lot amount from this kind of format and getting only 40% return back.

1) ICO Stopped or Paused

2) Refund - When  eth more 200 to 300 USD people invested some ICO now they are stopped and started refund now Eth price 95 USD .

3) Some ICO announced Soft cap reached successfully later their also follow this kind of refund method .

ex:
 Trecento , Humancoin ,Vanig and etc.
Atleast they are returning so we don't have to call it as scam.

They didn't collect the ethereum based on USD value,they are just returning the ethereum how much you send them before in crypto 1 ETH =  1 ETH always.

yes,I agree 1ETH always 1ETH but that price will change .If i trade that ETH i will make some profit.
brand new
Activity: 0
December 08, 2018, 03:21:17 AM
I have been reading a lot of posts that say that they have been scammed.  I wonder if they have read the whitepaper and fully understood it.  Besides, there will always be highs and lows.  Everyone is accountable. 
Activity: 938
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
December 08, 2018, 03:40:34 AM
Sure is,looks like the HYIP doesn't get any attention nowadays so they decided to go into ICO,
More and more new coins are being created and ICO is just a way to scam investors.
Activity: 1008
December 08, 2018, 03:30:21 AM
Activity: 91
December 08, 2018, 03:10:05 AM
Hai guys now days people are really  depressed this kind of new scam .They are Lost lot amount from this kind of format and getting only 40% return back.

1) ICO Stopped or Paused

2) Refund - When  eth more 200 to 300 USD people invested some ICO now they are stopped and started refund now Eth price 95 USD .

3) Some ICO announced Soft cap reached successfully later their also follow this kind of refund method .

ex:
 Trecento , Humancoin ,Vanig and etc.

What do you want to happen? Continue the project without enough funds to shoulder the development? I think this is the right thing to do for some projects. It shows how legit they are as refunding it to investors. Normally this is stipulated on their project and been a norm for every ICO. I guess the truth hurts, this wouldn't happen if the market is in good situation but its on the other way around. Let's just hope the market go back to normal and revive those ICO again.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
December 08, 2018, 03:27:18 AM
Dont invest in ICOs anymore so you wont get this type. of inconvenience. They are also adjusting though they reached their soft/hardcaps, they need to adjust so they can retain the value of their tokens.

Thats a bad thing that they are refunding through the number of eth but they cant do anything to it so better avoid these kind of icos.
Activity: 364
Merit: 34
Fast, Smart, Trustworthy
December 08, 2018, 03:00:45 AM
Refunding also now part of scam only .Just think about math .If i send 200 usd to some ico they will do trade they will buy eth 90 USD means they will get 2.2 Eth . If they refund we will get same amount of coin but price value is very less.

It is hard to consider that they are scam. As you said, they collected fund from investors then sell it for stable coin. Now they buy back ETH and refund to investor  Huh My question is How did they know that ETH will down to 90$? If bull run happened, how to refund? Or will they disappear with those funds?

The bearish market is not expected, if investors are refunded at this time, just look as a bad investment.
Activity: 518
December 08, 2018, 02:40:51 AM
Only 10% of total ICOs launching able to list themselves in coinmarketcap and most of them 10% still struggle to survive or maintain their position.  This ICOs now days are nontrustworthy to participate for their campaiging. I was also part of scammed projects like Datareum, Parlaychain. Teams collected lots of money and just went away leaving the chat group as shit groups.
Activity: 882
Merit: 301
December 08, 2018, 02:34:58 AM
Yeah I've thought about that one also.

The possible scenario is this:
1. Sell all collected coins at a higher price (for example $200/coin).
2. Delay the distribution of refunds and wait for the price to go down.
3. Buy back at a lower price ($100/coin for example).
4. Refund the same amount of coins to investors.

Activity: 322
December 08, 2018, 02:33:07 AM
I think it's a policy of a Project, many projects that don't launch tokens if they don't reach the hard stamp, are a logical consequence in the ICO. investors experience losses or profits depending on the market itself.
Pages:
Jump to: