Pages:
Author

Topic: ICO New format scam - page 8. (Read 25021 times)

Activity: 1190
Merit: 253
January 20, 2019, 10:05:44 AM
You've got a point but I don't agree that if a project paused or stopped is a solid indication that it is a scam. Some projects really don't reached the hardcap or even the softcap so the fund needed to push through with the project is not enough. Some are really trying to generate funds because the project is really good but due to the market status, no one seems wanting to support it.
Activity: 980
Merit: 252
January 20, 2019, 10:01:20 AM
There are a lot of formats for deceiving people.You described one of them.For someone ICO was to collect just money, for someone free advertising of their project(most of the participants of the bounty receive very little, but work hard).Perhaps the crypto community will come up with some option that will not allow to behave so rudely with investors and participants of the bounty.
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1214
January 20, 2019, 09:45:13 AM
Hai guys now days people are really  depressed this kind of new scam .They are Lost lot amount from this kind of format and getting only 40% return back.

1) ICO Stopped or Paused

2) Refund - When  eth more 200 to 300 USD people invested some ICO now they are stopped and started refund now Eth price 95 USD .

3) Some ICO announced Soft cap reached successfully later their also follow this kind of refund method .

ex:
 Trecento , Humancoin ,Vanig and etc.

You are right they already made a profit, from holding investors funds this is indeed a new scam and they are using the market, we will see more of this at least 4 of the ICO I'm promoting are paused bounty hunters are more prone to these scam.
Activity: 308
Merit: 15
January 20, 2019, 09:39:57 AM
Hai guys now days people are really  depressed this kind of new scam .They are Lost lot amount from this kind of format and getting only 40% return back.

1) ICO Stopped or Paused

2) Refund - When  eth more 200 to 300 USD people invested some ICO now they are stopped and started refund now Eth price 95 USD .

3) Some ICO announced Soft cap reached successfully later their also follow this kind of refund method .

ex:
Yeah agree with this. How on earth people these days are so cruel. As we all know that the ETH receive from payment will be collected in terms of US dollars or any fiat currency. The problem with the other project is that they know that when they made a refund they can relatvily earn because eth now is so cheap. So they can make money out of it easy as pie. No more bank robbing.
Activity: 324
Merit: 100
January 20, 2019, 09:32:52 AM
Many startups are using ICO only for PR. After token sale they make refunds and continue working. I think it's really bad from their side. It should be a special commission which will punish them.
Activity: 1848
Merit: 158
January 20, 2019, 08:25:37 AM
Very familiar situation. I invested in HUMANCOIN and VANIG. After a very long period of ICO, they decided to put their business on pause. I got some of my investment back, but I'm not happy with it. I lost a lot of time and nerves. And for them, I'm just another investor.

sorry to hear that. really hard to trust your investments in a  project you don't know if they will gonna be successful or not. even if they reach their soft cap, there's no guarantee that they will launch their platform eventually. what I observed regarding ico projects, they are cheaper in exchanges. So maybe just do the trading instead of investing your money in a long-term basis. just my 2 cents.
Activity: 574
Merit: 102
January 20, 2019, 08:21:10 AM

1) ICO Stopped or Paused

ex:
I agree with you. Especially the pause of the ICO is generally brute force. Although they also have to do it sometimes, that would not "burn out".
Activity: 1470
Merit: 504
January 20, 2019, 08:18:41 AM
It's been almost 8 months that many of the ico's initial goals were fraud and now there are many victims who have suffered huge losses. indeed now in my opinion we must be careful in investing
copper member
Activity: 350
Merit: 0
January 20, 2019, 08:11:45 AM
Very familiar situation. I invested in HUMANCOIN and VANIG. After a very long period of ICO, they decided to put their business on pause. I got some of my investment back, but I'm not happy with it. I lost a lot of time and nerves. And for them, I'm just another investor.

The same problem happen to me also i invested Humancoin as we as trencento project both of them refund my amount .
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
December 13, 2018, 05:00:41 AM
Activity: 798
Merit: 38
December 10, 2018, 01:00:42 PM
Some ICOs are not sincere about reaching softcap. They may lie about it in order to attract investors investors to their project. His is more reason you need to ask for the transaction movements, else you might fall victim.
There are projects who truly reach softcap, but do your research.
Activity: 322
Merit: 2
December 10, 2018, 07:07:54 AM
Wow that is a big accusations. I have seen this scenario before but not that reason. I experience ico that was not able to reach softcap but they refunded us with the current cap price of ethereum. If some project are like this part, they clearly send message that they were trying to scam. Thank you for bringing this post up .
Activity: 770
Merit: 250
December 09, 2018, 11:21:00 PM
therefore initiate everything by first research will be helpful. If only rush and easily tempted by the achievement of ICO are not necessarily true existence is certainly is not going to gain the goodwill in the end. When the scammers are getting clever then as people who exist in the field of crypto should be better and not easily fooled with such a thing.
Activity: 333
Merit: 14
December 09, 2018, 04:29:25 PM
I have been reading a lot of posts that say that they have been scammed.  I wonder if they have read the whitepaper and fully understood it.  Besides, there will always be highs and lows.  Everyone is accountable. 

I saw a lot of projects that immediately say that they are likely to deceive their investors. However, despite this, such projects have many investors and participants in bounty campaigns.
I believe that people need to spend more time studying the projects in which they plan to invest.
Agree that before investing it is better to learn deeply the project and to check carefully the information, in order not to face the scam, although in case someone will write the post that he is collecting money for the plasma TVset even  for that lots of people will sent him lots of the ETH.
Activity: 588
Bounty Detective
December 09, 2018, 03:53:08 PM
While investing in ICO gave a good income, no one was interested in the "other side of the coin". And when the attractiveness of investment is gone, people began to think. What the irrational move development situation.
Activity: 714
Merit: 101
December 09, 2018, 03:38:15 PM
I have been reading a lot of posts that say that they have been scammed.  I wonder if they have read the whitepaper and fully understood it.  Besides, there will always be highs and lows.  Everyone is accountable. 

I saw a lot of projects that immediately say that they are likely to deceive their investors. However, despite this, such projects have many investors and participants in bounty campaigns.
I believe that people need to spend more time studying the projects in which they plan to invest.
Activity: 1080
Merit: 500
December 09, 2018, 03:33:25 PM
I would not call it a fraud, because it's just the conditions in the market under which the ICO is conducted. Many can not collect enough money and decide to pause, some make a refund.
Activity: 532
December 09, 2018, 03:22:29 PM

1) ICO Stopped or Paused

ex:
This is all happening because of the current bearish trend even the good ICOs stopped fundraising and some of the ICOs claiming to reach softcap are just fraud.
copper member
Activity: 182
Merit: 2
December 09, 2018, 03:13:35 PM
Despite the outcome of most ICOs and the attendant loses that have followed, it's surprising that many still invest in ICOs and then come here to whine when things go south. Like I've said before, I'll not be investing in any ICO until the market is stable. This is because no matter how great the product offering, the token will still tank when it gets to the exchange.
copper member
Activity: 1050
Merit: 500
December 09, 2018, 08:19:50 AM

1) ICO Stopped or Paused

ex:

It is not only depressing for the bounty hunter, I guess it is also depressing to both project owner and investors.  We should understand that project owner spend their own cash for the setup including the marketing and presentations. Plus they also travel in places to present their project to the possible investors.  I believe it is ok to pause or stop the campaign if they are willing to pay what they have promised.  In an investors part, I guess if they pay in ETH, it is also right to send back the same amount of ETH.  So i guess with this method ICO did not intend to scam anyone since they are returning what they had collected except to the bounty hunter which is actually know the risk in participating in this stuff.
Pages:
Jump to: