Pages:
Author

Topic: ICO or buy later on exchange ? - page 11. (Read 30126 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 10
July 12, 2018, 02:59:22 PM
in this moment i think that almost every ico of the past 6 months is loosing a lot of value once it gets on the exchanges, the bonuses and the bounties  give less value to the price of the tokens so the dumps are very likely..i suggest you to don't buy during the ico but wait for the listing maybe on idex where the people dump with a lot of discounts, i saw some icos go under the -90% from the ico price!
Activity: 798
Merit: 263
July 12, 2018, 02:43:44 PM
It is better to invest in hot and high in demand ICOs earlier rather than chase prices later after listing. Presales offer even more discounts for qualified investors. Look into the upcoming ICO of EOT (EON) details here:
https://icodrops.com/eon/
Activity: 276
W12 – Blockchain protocol
July 12, 2018, 10:16:31 AM
For me it's better to buy cryptos on exchange because it is showing already its potential to grow. In addition, you don't doubt anymore whether it is a scam or not because it was already listed there with big market capitalization.
Activity: 95
Merit: 2
July 12, 2018, 08:37:16 AM
I don't trust ICO anymore. I lost so much money in the past. Too much scams. I only trust well known projects, with big communities behind them.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1656
July 12, 2018, 08:32:52 AM
It really depends on the project, there are some extremely popular ICO's even during 2018, shilled by so called "whales" and some social media personalities with huge networks

of influence. In fact, the term whale perhaps only applies correctly to ICO investments. What happens for these projects is that usually ICO reaches hardcap within a couple of

days, if not hours of the announcement. If the hardcap is also on the lower end like 10 million USD, the exchange price might never come back to the ICO levels, and just take

off. In other less popular projects with more risky teams, etc. you can usually get it cheaper on the exchange during these bearish markets.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 100
Meta4uStake.io
July 12, 2018, 08:30:17 AM
So far my views have not changed, and it still seems to me that it is better to buy on the exchange than on ICO. But the trend may change in time, but for now I'm sure of it.
It differs for person to person. Some likes to buy after open market, and some others like to buy on ICO. They did this because they consider of the bonus the would get if they buy coins in ICO or maybe even earlier, pre-ICO. I admit that the bonus they're offering is quite good.
Activity: 1077
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
July 12, 2018, 08:21:51 AM
The price movement after an ICO really depends on the project, this is why you shouldn't simply invest in every ICO but research them in depth and see if the team can deliver.
but buying on ICO doesnt mean bad for all project, many investors get profit from it
i think it depends on how smart you choosing a coin/ project
Activity: 170
Merit: 46
July 12, 2018, 07:34:39 AM
Depending on many factors everybody evaluating for himself. I think team, experience and idea itself are the core. If you believe in them, go ahead to ico. If not, wait, maybe it will not reach exchange

i think it would be better to go for an ico so that you won't spend money whereas if you buy you'll spend your savibgs and don't know if it will be profitable or not. we'll every moves has an equivalent output but time comes moving on a upredicted way will bring you in more risk and time consume useless.
Activity: 994
Merit: 391
July 12, 2018, 05:48:39 AM
Look at the Atonomi (ATMI) token today. They will unlock the token. There was 1 ETH personal cap and 2 of the biggest 5 exchanges is going to list ATMI tokens (There is also some centralized smaller exchange). And because of high ETH prices during the private sale, private sale prices were higher than the crowdsale prices. Ther are many rumors about Binance etc. So everything is very very bullish for this token except the market conditions.
If this token will go to the ICO price, you have to wait for better market conditions to participate in the ICOs and prefer to buy after at the market after ICO.
Activity: 168
July 12, 2018, 03:17:04 AM
The price movement after an ICO really depends on the project, this is why you shouldn't simply invest in every ICO but research them in depth and see if the team can deliver.
Activity: 630
Merit: 110
July 11, 2018, 11:49:51 PM
The price of a coin after ICO can depend upon multiple factors so it is a tough decision to buy in ICO or later on exchange. Hot ICOs can go up big upon listing. If investing in a good ICO like EOT (aka EON), then probably better to buy during ICO.
copper member
Activity: 196
Merit: 0
July 11, 2018, 11:15:39 PM
great fault of this is due to bount because it pays its reward for any price and all at once but in fact we have to be sure if it is true it has acceptance because not before if there is no liquid
Activity: 1750
Merit: 118
July 11, 2018, 05:25:29 AM
Normally buying coins during their ICO stage is much more profitable because they are very cheap in ICO stage and it has some extra beneficials like bonus coins. On the other hand investing in ICO is a little risky because it may not succed and you could end up putting your money in a dead project so it's sometimes better to wait untill a coin hits exchange before buying it. You may buy it little more expensive that way but you can be sure coin will have bright future.

thanks for pointing out all the factors that may possibly happen on both sides. and with that said, i will probably choose to wait for the coins to be listed in an online exchange rather than buying them too early in their pre ico stage because i am fully sure that the coins that i will buy is 100 percent legit due to the fact that they are already have thier own market value .  but i do believe that there are still some people that is like to buy as early as possible on an ico because in their minds , they only think about the benifits that they can get  , but they dont think about the dangers that it can harm to them on the latter stage .
Activity: 112
Merit: 4
July 11, 2018, 05:16:04 AM
When this coin does not produce any value, it will continue to fall, and ultimately lower than the ICO price!
Activity: 154
July 11, 2018, 03:29:10 AM
Normally buying coins during their ICO stage is much more profitable because they are very cheap in ICO stage and it has some extra beneficials like bonus coins. On the other hand investing in ICO is a little risky because it may not succed and you could end up putting your money in a dead project so it's sometimes better to wait untill a coin hits exchange before buying it. You may buy it little more expensive that way but you can be sure coin will have bright future.
Activity: 196
July 11, 2018, 02:58:58 AM
Unfortunately, it is very sad that at the moment the situation is such that tokens after entering the stock exchange are several times less than their value at the ICO. I think this fact jeopardizes further investment. Urgent need to solve this problem, because holding a ICO is unsafe.
Activity: 518
Merit: 16
July 11, 2018, 01:17:56 AM
to follow an ICO, I see many factors, but for more simple then there are 2 basic things that were project/product and developer team. if you I found  both good then to participate the ICO is the right choice, but if only one, that  its a product only, then buy in exchange when the price is going dumped is the right choice
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
July 11, 2018, 01:03:54 AM
It all depends on the quality of the ICO. If there is a large HYIP around the ICO and it is hard to get into the list of participants, the price of the token will grow significantly when listing the exchange.
Activity: 849
Merit: 507
July 10, 2018, 11:43:21 PM
It really depends on the coin that you are talking about, it only happens on a few cases that the price drops after the exchange listing, but it is only happening to shitty icos that have not a real product to offer.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 250
July 10, 2018, 07:44:50 PM
In many cases when it's available on the exchange just buying there can get cheaper price, but for me join ICO is more profitable than buy later on exchange
Pages:
Jump to: