Pages:
Author

Topic: ICO or buy later on exchange ? - page 7. (Read 30126 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 503
August 28, 2018, 05:48:28 PM
If the project is good and promising, then the best option is to buy tokens at the ICO stage. In this case, you will get excellent tokens at a bargain price, plus bonuses. This is an excellent way to get an excellent profit.
It's another matter if it's about a project that is rather dubious. The price of these tokens is likely to fall after the listing. But here the question is whether such tokens in general are necessary?
Activity: 420
Merit: 110
August 28, 2018, 02:27:23 PM
How often does the price get lower than the ICO price when a new coin is listed on its first exchange house ?

How come there are coins that are worth like 0.0004 $, usually during an ICO one coin is sold in the range of 1$ or not ?

Do some "coins" skip the ICO stage ?

There are many different opinions on this. But I think that it is better to buy during the ICO stage because you can get some bonuses. Some may argue that the price fall after the coin is listed on the exchange. Therefore it is profitable to buy the coin when its price is low. But the price falls because the bounty hunters sell their tokens which they receive as rewards. So the coin will surely rise as the fall in price will attract many investors.
copper member
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
August 17, 2018, 10:41:46 AM
What I have seen, high quality project you can get cheaper at ICO, because the price will go up when listed. Of course, timing affects, where the market is heading - now, when markets are down, it is likely that any project will benefit, when they go up, if listing is later, if market is higher at that point. But quality really matters... Low quality projects will go down later on regardless...

Seek for the hidden gems with a lot of study, analysis and thorough assessment of projects. You just need to do your research carefully and don't trust ICO listing sites etc. because ratings can be bought. Careful research is very important to avoid scams and other low quality projects - don't trust anyone but your own research!

I have been recently following Stellar that is generally on the rise and the tokens issued on the Stellar platform - now there is a bump like in any cryptocurrency over the past few days, but generally Stellar is on the rise because of the prospective Coinbase listing and other advances. This will also boost tokens issued on the Stellar platform...

My most recent find among alts is AXU, "Argentas Exchange Unit" token issued on the Stellar platform and listed and verified on the Stellarport decentralized exchange, now only at its pre-distribution, or pre-ICO phase. A true hidden diamond, with low profile so far. Experienced people clearly, and cool tech for decentralizing and revolutionizing global banking - their website at argentas.io.

The pre-ICO price is 50% cheaper than the ICO price, a sure winner IMO, and I will certainly get some. They also have an ANN thread, I think here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/xxx-4431900. I dug really deep in their content, and it is really cool stuff Grin But don’t forget your own research!
Activity: 364
Merit: 11
August 17, 2018, 10:28:32 AM
if it is a really good ico and the hardcap is almost reached you can invest. if the hardcap is not reached then the token costs 90% less later than in ico and you should rather not invest. then buy later at an exchange like idex or many other exchanges. here you can see how many bad icos there are https://coinmarketcap.com/new/
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
August 17, 2018, 09:58:08 AM
Basically if you buy coin from an ICO or pre-ICO stage is a lot more cheaper than buying it on an exchange which would mean the ICO is done. But it is very risky to buy coins during the ICO period because there is no assurance yet that the coin you'll buy will be successful or will be listed in some exchange sites. There are some coins that will flop and there are some that won't, even if the project looks legit there are scam ICO's too.
 Wink
Activity: 150
August 17, 2018, 09:46:47 AM
Ico or Pre-Sale is the best time to buy as long as you've done checking the ico, sometimes after you bought the coin/token in the exchange from a higher price it goes down and will loose your patience
Activity: 236
Merit: 5
August 16, 2018, 06:45:45 AM
buying on ico is much profitable,because you will receive a bonus, but its too risky too, because most ico is scam giving higher bonus as promise but turn in to a scam
Activity: 98
August 16, 2018, 06:42:25 AM
Whenever you see that the market is depreciating its capitalization, the ICO scam rate increases its already 80 percent so the chances you investing in and a good market is very low it's better to buy later in the current time
Activity: 406
Merit: 11
August 10, 2018, 12:54:26 PM
How often does the price get lower than the ICO price when a new coin is listed on its first exchange house ?

How come there are coins that are worth like 0.0004 $, usually during an ICO one coin is sold in the range of 1$ or not ?

usually when you buy early then you will get some bonus or discount.
but if you are not sure ico will succeed but you are interested to invest, then you have to wait until the coin launched in the exchanger
some people will sell their coins and it's a right time to buy with low prices.
Activity: 434
Merit: 107
August 04, 2018, 03:25:46 AM
Since the crypto is in the bearish market, it makes more sense to buy coins from exchanges after icos. Most of the coins prices are lower than icos prices on exchanges.
Activity: 210
August 04, 2018, 03:24:06 AM
Buying in ico time is very risky but in return they will give you a pretty large amount. But if you buy after the ICO then the ability to profit can be higher and more certain. That is my own way of thinking.
Activity: 714
Merit: 100
3... 2... 1... Launch!
August 04, 2018, 03:21:01 AM

Yes, they "skip" off with all the money Cheesy

Generally this can be because early investors get significant discounts and take profits immediately after the trading begins
Activity: 588
Merit: 250
August 04, 2018, 02:30:11 AM
for now I prefer to buy ico because by being a participant from ico campaign I can get bonus tokens and or coins up to more than 20% and in my opinion it is very rewarding so take advantage of the bonuses to make a lot of money.
Activity: 196
August 04, 2018, 12:16:03 AM

In my opinion, it is better to make your own research and trust your guts.

The most of the privacy coins are undervalued right now.

The best opportunity is to find a privacy-related project with a low total supply (less than 100M), that way the price will be increasing much faster.

I recently found a hidden GEM called Ethereum Meta, it is related to anonymity and untraceable transaction. They have a very interesting project to build the Anonymous E-Market Place.

They are already trading on some exchanges, you can check their website: https://ethermeta.com/
Or even better go through their Bitcointalk thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/future-of-privacy-ethereum-meta-foundation-of-anonymous-e-marketplace-2659058
Activity: 102
August 03, 2018, 05:38:40 PM
All crypto currencies are absolutely different and it is not possible to predict at what stage it is better to buy coins. I invest more in ICO projects, because according to my observations it is much more profitable than buying tokens then on the exchange.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 500
August 03, 2018, 09:52:42 AM
These are two incomparable things. You can invest in ICO and never buy at this price, and you can buy after the ICO on the market 5 times cheaper. It all depends on the project and the market situation.
Activity: 733
Merit: 100
August 03, 2018, 09:11:50 AM
buying coins in ico is good, we can get low price. but we need to do further research on the ico that goes, choosing a good ico I think will be one of the best choice to always avoid the loss. but if it does not feel confident with buying ico can make a purchase on the exchange in order to see clearly the price listed.
Activity: 250
August 03, 2018, 09:07:00 AM
I think buying coins when ico is more profitable because you will get some bonus tokens.
while when the coin goes to the exchanger you will not get any bonus. but Most tokens price after ico is a dump, depending on the correct token value and the price will recover quickly or slowly. But most prices will drop 30% or even 90% of ico price
and it all depends on each project so thoroughly first the project and the team they have
Activity: 952
Merit: 308
August 03, 2018, 08:04:40 AM
very often it happens, after the ICO is finished and has been listed in exchange, the token or coin is sure to experience a huge dump, but if the coin or token has good potential then the price will rise again
Activity: 116
July 31, 2018, 06:17:06 PM
Depends from project imo. Smiley I prefer to buy 80% ICO and 20% on exchange if I see potential. Recently found Kelvin Blockchain project, can suggest you to learn more about this gem Wink
Pages:
Jump to: