Pages:
Author

Topic: If Bitcoin dies does altcoin die? - page 35. (Read 17293 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 0
January 15, 2018, 03:35:46 PM
I think it does because almost of the altcoins depend on bitcoin. Also, bitcoin is the origin of all altcoins so if the origin dies so does the followers.

yes you are right .all altcoin depend on bitcoin and ethereum.if bitcoin die.so altcoin die it,s a simple matter.we trad all altcoin with bitcoin .so if bitcoin die we never trad and not value altcoin.
Activity: 168
Merit: 103
January 15, 2018, 03:20:11 PM
Yes, of course, no one is going to trust in altcoins if bitcoin dies.. but everything can change in a near future if everybody decides to keep investing in altcoins for a while. Let's just see what is going to happen next.
Activity: 10
January 15, 2018, 03:19:31 PM
I think it does because almost of the altcoins depend on bitcoin. Also, bitcoin is the origin of all altcoins so if the origin dies so does the followers.
Activity: 67
January 15, 2018, 03:16:39 PM
Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins
your opinion is highly appreciated. Smiley

If we keep trading via bitcoin, it will never die and when it dies no one will survive Smiley bitcoin is seen as the safest way to trade in cryptocurrency market so that people will trust it until the end of this world (if it does not explode itself)

Moreover, some powerful altcoins will survive or transform to be the next bitcoin. this will never end...
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
January 15, 2018, 03:11:42 PM
I think, If Bitcoin dies doesn't altcoin die.Because At present without bitcoin have some market.Like other altcoin to waves,ETH,NEO or other.If all countries government ban only bitcoin then only some exchange site close.But other currency trade is run.
Activity: 615
Merit: 258
January 15, 2018, 02:31:34 PM
I think yes, because now bitcoin is the foundation of all alt coins in the cyber world as a foundation you are the one who stands for them and when you get weak they will also get weak thats
why i said that when the bitcoin die all alt coins will also die, but it is impossible for the bitcoin to die it has a strong foundation.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
January 12, 2018, 03:56:21 PM
Bitcoin system will most certainly not die, but the coin "owning" Bitcoin name, can (and most likely will) change the "ownership"... and most likely scenario for this is the Bitcoin Cash which has very real potential to get the rightful title of Bitcoin.
This is a fact that bitcoins have tackled the market so fantastically. There are some other coins too that are of some big potential but still they don’t make the market trending. Bitcoins have achieved this goal and now the whole crypto market is just revolving around bitcoins. Although altcoins have showed some incredible moves too but bitcoins did more. So yes if this dies, there will be a strong affect.
Merit: 26
High fees = low BTC price
January 11, 2018, 07:08:37 PM
I strongly disagree with that unless Bitcoins a bubble, ALT coins has nothing much to do with bitcoin but when Bitcoins gone ( hope it doesn't ) all the ALT coins will loss a universal coin so majority of them will shift to ethereum and when this happens its price will skyrocket like crazy, Ethereum will be just like Bitcoin nothing will be changed except the name.

I like you, you offer some logic and not just speculation based on your own dreams.

Big killer is that if all the traffic from BTC all moved over to ETH and it's alt-coins that are easy
as pie to introduce then ETH network would crash because it's based on a variation of Block-Chain
used by BTC with a few tweaks to the size and timing of the blocks.

Lightning is not going to fix nuffin because the foundations of both ETH and BTC are rotten and it's
just a sticking plaster that uses banks but they call them hubs. Not quite sure about Segwit because
it takes a long time to figure out all the implications

All coins are in a bubble, some are just bigger than others

Transactions per second
BTC = 7
ETH =15
IOTA =100
Ripple = 40-70,000

I own more ETH than XRP but unless they (ETH) are radical and fix the foundations instead of plastering
over the cracks then I myself can see ETH being pushed out of the race and I think we are already seeing
this with BTC without me taking into account the rip-off transaction fees we have seen

Activity: 352
Merit: 100
January 11, 2018, 07:05:05 PM
You would surely have a period of turbulence, but the other altcoins would continue to live and to thrive. After a few months nobody would care any more about Bitcoin's death.
Activity: 207
Merit: 10
January 11, 2018, 06:57:53 PM
It all depends on the reason that why bitcoin will die. It may also be possible that with the death of bitcoins other altcoins may also die. But this is also be possible that with the death of bitcoin may be one of the other altcoin become the new biggest cryptocurrency.
Merit: 26
High fees = low BTC price
January 11, 2018, 06:46:24 PM
altcoin is the same as bitcoin, altcoin is created individually not a child of bitcoin, those who use altcoin, on average they exchange their altcoin to bitcoin, because the bitcoin keeps rising.

You must be from Oz mate, upside down to where I live because since fees started to rise over $10 it seems to have put the brakes on the
price and it's down about 40% from the peek which must be "rising" up from the peek if you look at it upside down.

The last time I looked both XRP and ETH were both doing more transactions per day than BTC and
BTC clones were breeding like rabbits therefore doubling the money supply each time and all this
mining that eats up energy in CPU wars is going to cost more as oil prices are on the rise so that
even higher fees due to the massive amount of miners being fifty times more than we need all fighting
over the bones.

More regulations coming is not good mate, we need to pull together as a team but the miners who
can be made to answer to the development team or not on our team old chap, they are taking the piss
and if this keeps up then Ripple is going to the clear winner.

What we need is some house cleaning to get alt-coins moving again
Activity: 364
January 11, 2018, 06:41:24 PM
Bitcoin never die so alt coin also never die but there is a point if govt banned bitcoin than must be all alt currency will be die.

And already lot of country allow BTC so not to worry
Activity: 187
Merit: 18
January 11, 2018, 06:41:02 PM
I strongly disagree with that unless Bitcoins a bubble, ALT coins has nothing much to do with bitcoin but when Bitcoins gone ( hope it doesn't ) all the ALT coins will loss a universal coin so majority of them will shift to ethereum and when this happens its price will skyrocket like crazy, Ethereum will be just like Bitcoin nothing will be changed except the name.
Activity: 108
January 11, 2018, 06:31:31 PM
If bitcoin dies, it will most likely be replaced by another coin and there is a big chance that it will be an altcoin. Some of them have had a really good year so far.
Activity: 138
Merit: 12
January 11, 2018, 06:24:40 PM
For me, altcoin wouldn't die. Though altcoin was based on bitcoin, it's still an independent crypto from BTC, and can survive without it. The only factor that would be in altcoin after that is going to fiat from the altcoin.
Activity: 182
Merit: 2
dApps Development Automation Platform
January 11, 2018, 06:24:27 PM
Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins
your opinion is highly appreciated. Smiley
If Bitcoin dies, altcoin will also disappear.
 The main reason why there are altcoins because of Bitcoin.
Activity: 392
Merit: 113
January 11, 2018, 06:22:03 PM
We dont really know but i am thinking it will. When bitcoin started other cryptocurrencies started to follow so i also think if bitcoin dies people will also lost their interest in crypto. Only my thinking but i dont know what will really happen.
Activity: 759
Merit: 105
January 11, 2018, 06:13:26 PM
This question has a lot of factor and depending on the people whether both dies or someone would stay. It all just depends on the market whether all of the people will going dump their coins whether altcoin or Bitcoin so that someone will obliterate but i don't see it coming because once a market is busy it will never be stop.
Activity: 168
January 11, 2018, 04:46:01 PM
Yes alts will follow if bitcoin die and if your a traders Technical analysis is not effective at all you can search both news and fundamentals. Blockchain Technology is a beast and crypto is crazy.
Activity: 644
Merit: 102
January 11, 2018, 04:43:22 PM
If bitcoin dies which  I doubt it will . Altcoins will not be taken serious most people will leave crypto currencies and go back to using fiat currencies.
Pages:
Jump to: