Pages:
Author

Topic: If ICO Fails, Then what happen next? - page 7. (Read 81889 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 5
January 23, 2019, 07:27:20 AM
If the ICO does not succeed in its softcap or does not raise funds from investors it is certain that no bounty hunters can get rewards. but on the part of investors there is a return to the money they invested. but even though the bounty hunters have to borrow and promote their ICO.
Activity: 453
Merit: 2
https://goldeth.io/
January 23, 2019, 06:50:48 AM
if you are an ico investor, it is likely that when ico cannot fulfill the softcap stage your money can be returned by them if you are lucky with an honest team, usually fake teams do not guarantee your funds can come back again.
Activity: 686
Merit: 125
January 23, 2019, 06:45:01 AM
If they are legit but they couldn't collect amount that is needed to start the project they will give back your investment.
If they are scammers they can run away with your money. There's no regular law for this situation.
LOL, THis is the new way of scamming people. Actually it is already happening where the ETH invested on the project was more than 200 USD per ETH. As we all know that the ETH collected was converted to fiat currency like USD. Now, they seem to use this method seeing ETH market price goes to 100 USD so they will refund the investor in ETH they contributed. ETH now is only 100 USD which is cheap because of the downfall market trend so it is easier for the team to make the refund.
Activity: 1313
Merit: 278
January 23, 2019, 06:44:18 AM
If the project team conducted the ICO with good intentions but the fundraising failed, then they are obliged to return all funds to investors, in this case the bounty hunters do not receive any payments. However, much more often the project team is hiding with investor funds, which undermines confidence in the crypto market.
Activity: 378
Merit: 2
January 23, 2019, 06:34:04 AM
ICOs usually have two targets, which are softcap and hardcap.
Softcap is the minimum required funding, for a project to take off.
Hardcap is the maximum required funding to fulfill all that is stated in the roadmap and for other future developments that might be integrated.
If the project reaches its softcap, then the project will proceed without the return of fund.
If not, funds are expected to be returned.
Activity: 574
Merit: 10
January 23, 2019, 05:20:41 AM
Originally ICO should compensate funds to tokenholders, but in reality it happens opposite and everybody doesn't return funds, what is more, people are greedy and they just disappear.
That's why ICOs should be regulated
Activity: 625
Merit: 125
January 23, 2019, 04:54:29 AM
There are many ICO is running at the same time. Maximum ICO can't be success. So, if I invest in any ICO and if they can't be success then what will happen with my money? Will they give me back me my money or not? I am so confused. So, please kindly inform me.

Thank You Everyone.

Most of the Terms and Conditions of being a contributor in an ICO states that - the tokens that you swapped eth, ltc or btc for may or may not have value.
It is your own personal risk as a contributor.

Take note: Investors and Contributors have very different meanings. Crypto is unregulated that's why contributor is being used as a term for anyone participating in an ICO.

copper member
Activity: 168
Merit: 0
January 23, 2019, 04:44:46 AM
It can be so complicated sometimes. If the project is not legit then they say we will go on private investors, generally you will never know who was the private investors. Most of them do not make publicity of their investments. We really need to check white paper and what kind of rights we have about the project. (They must declare what will do the money if do not reach their softcap).
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
January 23, 2019, 04:44:04 AM
If an ico results in a failure, the biggest problem is those who invest. Bounty participants do not lose money, they wasted their time. But people who invest in ethereum or another coin face the risk of losing their money. Maybe they cant get money back Sad
Activity: 154
Merit: 1
January 23, 2019, 04:43:53 AM
There are many ICO is running at the same time. Maximum ICO can't be success. So, if I invest in any ICO and if they can't be success then what will happen with my money? Will they give me back me my money or not? I am so confused. So, please kindly inform me.

Thank You Everyone.
As far as I know, when the ICO does not collect enough money and can not promote the project, they return the money to investors, but it is possible that they will just go to the exchange and look for investors from outside.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
January 23, 2019, 04:34:03 AM
I agree with most replies above, that if the project is real and can't reach the soft cup, money will be refunded. But first of all, you should check the project correctly, whether it's a trustworthy ICO or a scam. Check their website, whitepaper, core team members and social media before investing.
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
January 23, 2019, 04:19:44 AM
ICO failed because they did not reach the minimum sales target. As I experienced, they will return investor funds. But if they want to continue the development of the ICO, so they will increase the duration of the ICO. And that will continue until the sales target can be reached.
Activity: 714
Merit: 104
January 23, 2019, 04:09:18 AM
Mostly project run 2nd 3rd 4th and etc stages of ICO, then say what this funds enough to continue developing, then search cheap exchange for listing and then gone to make another ico
Activity: 994
Merit: 106
Official Street Team member
January 23, 2019, 04:06:53 AM
if the ICO fails or does not reach the softcap, the funds should be returned to investors, but there are also projects that continue to force the development of projects with little ICO funds, so the conclusion depends on the project developer in the initial agreement. go on
Activity: 471
Merit: 10
January 23, 2019, 03:59:32 AM
As a rule, if ICO did not collect the necessary funds, the money is returned to investors .. but unfortunately not everything is fair and I urge you to be careful, before investing your money, carefully study the project
learning is important because knowledge is needed in carrying out any project. yes if the ICO fails the money will be returned, but still you have to be careful because there are still many ICO scams so before you join, you know the project in detail first.
Activity: 630
Merit: 13
January 23, 2019, 03:54:50 AM
If some ico fail, and you already invest on it, mean you lost your money for sure, maybe because that project was scam from the start.
Activity: 1005
Merit: 500
January 23, 2019, 03:53:10 AM

Thank You Everyone.
Most failed ICO projects will not be refunded, so make a cautious choice before investing.
Activity: 686
Merit: 11
January 23, 2019, 03:28:27 AM
Many ICO out there are such that will run with investors money once they notice things ain't working out as planned. Only a stringent few still want to seek the decision of investors. One project i have seen done this is Ethernaltrust. Investors asked for a refund and they did obliged.

That is why it's important to check well any project one is joining to.
Activity: 812
Merit: 287
January 23, 2019, 03:22:59 AM
As a rule, if ICO did not collect the necessary funds, the money is returned to investors .. but unfortunately not everything is fair and I urge you to be careful, before investing your money, carefully study the project
Activity: 714
Merit: 114
January 23, 2019, 03:16:21 AM
If an ICO fail to raise their funds and they are real and committed to its investors then this will happen.

1. there will a public announcement from the team about the failure of the project.
2. they will give back the money or the amount that investors send to them back to its orginal wallet.
3. They will leave the community in well mannered and everyone is served.

bounty participants will not have their payment due to failure of the project.

nice enoumerations you got there bro but that's not always the case that could happen if an ico fails because most ico wont actaully announce it .  they wont also return the money from investors .  they will also  vanished instantly like a smoke  and lastly the bounty hunters wont get paid  .   that is because the ico are scam  . what happen next ?  they will create a new ico again with a new look and a new team , design , members , etc ...   
Pages:
Jump to: