Pages:
Author

Topic: If you die, what will happen with your coins? - page 8. (Read 4200 times)

Activity: 57
Merit: 1
I keep some stuff in a safe, so my wife can find bakups. I’ll have to leave instructions on what to bring to a tech savvy friend. But if both of us check out at the same time....
Activity: 1232
Merit: 266
> CAMPAIGN MANAGER < https://t.me/TheAndy500
Well I need to give instructions to relatives on how to retrieve them to make that work
That's why I think it's best to have a trusted friend with whom you can even work under certain conditions, and in that situation, it's perfect to pay the family your part.
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
Well, i am curious it too. If a user died and no one knows anything about his bitcoin account what will happen to it? Will the coins the of the user who died will stay there or will it disappear/deleted because of inactivity?

If the user dies and nobody knows anything about his bitcoins/altcoins they will be in the wallet for ever and ever. They will stay there and not disappear.

I think that if in a far future the system can be hacked, somebody could get the coins.....
Activity: 134
Well, i am curious it too. If a user died and no one knows anything about his bitcoin account what will happen to it? Will the coins the of the user who died will stay there or will it disappear/deleted because of inactivity?
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Hope noone dies man! But if your close people know you have got coins and they have your private keys they can easily got them. Otherwise the coins got loose.
that is a hard one but really effective, my suggestion would be, i will get my diary put all the private key and password then i will place it also into my closet so that if they see the diary, they will think that there is a message for them
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
Hi there

I have been thinking about this for a while and I have seen the same question in the Spanish thread. So, if you die do you have a plan to give you currencies to your relatives?

This is mu strategy: I have copied the paper wallets in a usb key, compressed with a password. The usb key contains a file with the instructions to guess the password (you have to know me in person). This usb has been put in my house, in the drawer, with some clothes. So if anything happens suddenly to me, I hope that my family, one day, will remove my clothes off and the usb will appear.    If the follow the instructions the will keep all the money.

Any other ideas?
Here already i planned everything that what will happen with my whole money if I get dead by accident .
I have a friend who is 1000% trusted for me and also I am trusted for me .
I told him clearly that where I pitted my private key of bitcoin and also what is the password system that I use in every site with special character .
In this way I told him that if I will get died then he will call to my family and will withdraw all the money from every exchange and wallet and take 10% of them and give all to my family .
Activity: 257
Hi there

I have been thinking about this for a while and I have seen the same question in the Spanish thread. So, if you die do you have a plan to give you currencies to your relatives?

This is mu strategy: I have copied the paper wallets in a usb key, compressed with a password. The usb key contains a file with the instructions to guess the password (you have to know me in person). This usb has been put in my house, in the drawer, with some clothes. So if anything happens suddenly to me, I hope that my family, one day, will remove my clothes off and the usb will appear.    If the follow the instructions the will keep all the money.

Any other ideas?
If i die all my emportant account will write in the notebook while im still alive, then i will teach my sister in bitcoin for knowing that she can open it. So they will not be able to come to the point that im going to die. They will not be tired anymore and that's all for them.😣
Activity: 433
Merit: 13
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
Wow great thought. I like to write my all.secret such as  account number,  private key etc and lock it a place like bank. After death,  my family can easily get it from bank author and  can get my money (coin)   Cheesy
Activity: 19
i still did not get real coins to be afraid for
but i will always share my keys with one i trust the most in real life
Related to the question, what is best way to give your private keys to your relatives?

What is your strategy? What if that relative takes your coins?
Activity: 2
Well I need to give instructions to relatives on how to retrieve them to make that work
Activity: 56
Hm that is a bad scenario for me because if i die no one can access my accounts even my family but anyway in terms of bitcoin i dont have enough so it's ok lol.
Activity: 133
make a step by step instruction(wallet address , password, etc) how to open and probably your relative will transfer on his/her wallet.. keep this instruction on a hard disk.
Activity: 262
Merit: 250
When a person dies, he will already be like with his coins

lol
Activity: 400
Play2Live presale starts on 5th December
You can store your private key in Cloud services like Dropbox or GD and write your account information on a paper and store it somewhere in bank locker, encrypt (ex. MD5) your password with an answer of question that you're sure who you want to share the data with knows. Write a will and let that person knows about your will and the private key and ask them to answer the question decrypt it and they have the password.

I think this is a good idea.., you dont't wanna make your coin gone when you die...
And it would be good if your child can have that assets ~
Activity: 39
Solution is : Give all the details to the most person you trust ...  Wink
Activity: 262
At this point, they will be lost to the collective.
Activity: 112
When a person dies, he will already be like with his coins
that one is very dark joke

but, seriously - yes, that is the problem, if key was not stored somehow to be transferable to family members.

Maybe we should start another blockchain storage to store encrypted crypto keys in multisig records to be released only if someone dies.
Activity: 1554
Merit: 260
Hi there

Any other ideas?
Because it is an online currency, which is very often not subject to any taxes, just pass the key to a family member who will be able to transport our coins to their account.
Pages:
Jump to: