Pages:
Author

Topic: If you die, what will happen with your coins? - page 6. (Read 4200 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 100
OMG, why do you ask about such horrible things? If you die, nothing will care you. However, you can share your private key with your close relatives — just to calm down.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
www.daxico.com
I will include it in my inheritance will to be read. but a private key will be stored in drawer with directions to unlock the coins.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Death may come suddenly. The way you save USB so that one day can be found by your family in my opinion is less effective, my suggestion to make user manual placed on your desk. Books that are public but the answers from this book are only those closest to you who know.
Activity: 1061
Merit: 502
RIP: S5, A faithful device long time
Nothing happens to it if your family doesn't know it exists

It can be couple of millseconds, when dying happens if you hit by car on fast speed theres not much what can do after that.
Bury of human being on Finland cost cheapest 750euros. It not much, just your months daymoneys.
Activity: 73
Merit: 0
they will be as if they are burnt

no one can access them for sure
Activity: 113
Merit: 31
You could leave a USB with all of your wallets on it in a safe deposit box in a bank. Then in your will give your family members the safe deposit box!
Activity: 57
I've always thought of this too. what I did was let my private key out to only a trusted friend who is a cryptocurrency trader too so whatever happens to my funds now I know who could have messed with it and if I'm no longer here I trust he'd do the right thing and entrust them to my family.
That's the best I could come up with. No one has to go treasure hunting for my keys or anything.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
That´s what I asked myself. I printed paperwallets for all of my coins. Got no passwords or anything similar on my comp. These papers are stored secretly at home; but in case they will be found. (Need to write an additional instruction sheet what these wallets mean and how to use them)
Activity: 104
CryptoCurrency
May be my coin will be die too.. i have no coin for this time to hold, i dont want to hold coin too long.
Activity: 93
Will inherit, children and grandchildren:)
Activity: 337
Bet2dream.com
I think if i die already my coins will always be there but it is useless because i cant even used it if that happens you must have a file to save all your accounts so that when it happens they can still use it , of course you must tell them how to operate it cause its still useless if they dont know how to use your coins.
Activity: 624
Merit: 101
BBOD Zero-Fee Exchange
If you didn't made a plan for this kind of situation then all your coins will stay in the wallet and no one can withdraw it, unless you have a trusted friend or family that you share your access on the wallet so they can make good use of it when something bad happens to you.
Activity: 95
Merit: 1
Backup two copies
Own one
A family member
Tell them how to operate

This is basically my plan of action.  Make backup copies that get passed to the kids and wife, then show them how to use it. 
Activity: 119
Merit: 100
I would say nothing will happen to them because my parents don't know what a crypto is, and situation looks the same as you just forgot your pass  Cheesy your coins will stay in blockchain without you  Shocked
Activity: 252
Merit: 4
EQUAL Network Token
this question is not sensible ,, bcoz like our any other property this coin too will be handed over automatically to our family ,, my brother knows these things so he can withdraw it .
but before your death if coin would die then what will you do ?? lol  Grin
Activity: 72
Merit: 1
I've given all my key information to my wife and kids.  Showed them how to use the tools to get to it.  I feel confident that if something should happen, they would know how to get to it.
Activity: 39
Nothing, They will stay on the blockchain  Cheesy
Activity: 73
Just write everything on a paper then its clear
Activity: 672
Merit: 176
This question has haunted me for awhile now. I appreciate everyone's responses, it's good for for thought. No one in my family understands bitcoin and the like and the blockchain is a whole different subject. Paper wallets make since but unfortunately I don't know anyone close to my family that I feel has enough experience to transact with the blockchain without screwing it up. Currently my solution is ledger nano.  This suffices for now but still haven't figured out what to do for the long hodl.It's hard explain all this to someone who's not tech savvy.
The fact is that if you do not train your successor, or at least not devote much of it to crypto currency, then what you collected and stored can disappear without a trace. I think that you need to deal not only with crypto currency earnings, but also with training your relatives.
Activity: 60
This question has haunted me for awhile now. I appreciate everyone's responses, it's good for for thought. No one in my family understands bitcoin and the like and the blockchain is a whole different subject. Paper wallets make since but unfortunately I don't know anyone close to my family that I feel has enough experience to transact with the blockchain without screwing it up. Currently my solution is ledger nano.  This suffices for now but still haven't figured out what to do for the long hodl.It's hard explain all this to someone who's not tech savvy.
Pages:
Jump to: