Pages:
Author

Topic: If you die, what will happen with your coins? - page 3. (Read 4200 times)

Activity: 101
Merit: 10
Crypto is everything!!
Good question!!! I already noted all pw/backup phases in my diary and keep it in safe place.
After that one of my family member can use them.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
I suggest making a dead-man-switch. This can be done by making a cron job to a script that checks some file with a timestamp in it. If the current time is a month after the time stamp, it sends you private keys to a trust person, or better, simply makes a transaction to them and broadcasts it. While your alive, you update the file every few weeks such that the time stamp is never a month old. When your dead the file is no longer updated and a month latter the funds are released.

Of course you need to leave instructions for you family to keep your computer turned on, or put this on a server.

Also I haven't done actually done this, but I know of people who have.
Activity: 134
I guess they would get lost, so I will avoid to die.
Activity: 14
my family will get everything
Activity: 1
I don't care. wtf if you die ?
Activity: 154
I give to my children.....they know my im user of bitcoin and soon i will give my password to them so they can continue my bitcoins.
Activity: 4
I will bring death.
Activity: 126
If you die your coin will rot in the internet. Unless you got your attorney and write all your acounts and pw in your last will and testament.
Activity: 94
Merit: 1
Nothing will happen, because i don't have any coins  Grin
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
it's pretty good way,maybe u are very rich who would consider this question,
I think the world was very safe,and I am a young boy that would not died for the disease
Activity: 3
all my coins are still in y pocket))
Activity: 316
Merit: 11
This question makes me think a lot about my future plans so I have to see who is the best that I can truly trust  Huh
Activity: 151
i think my coins will be hold til the end of the world
because nobody know my password Cheesy
Activity: 47
The coins will be on your account it wont be lost i think
Activity: 193
Merit: 14
 Nothing happens to it if your family doesn't know it exists. This is why you have to let someone know about it now you're alive.
 Grin
Activity: 28
i have give all my bank account and all my inernet work to my sister after explaining all thing
all my money and tokens for her and mom
Activity: 47
f that i'm take it with me! Smiley))
Activity: 32
its a real paradox
Most probably dissepear
Bad idea
Thats why pls share your password with your best
Activity: 9
Hi there

I have been thinking about this for a while and I have seen the same question in the Spanish thread. So, if you die do you have a plan to give you currencies to your relatives?

This is mu strategy: I have copied the paper wallets in a usb key, compressed with a password. The usb key contains a file with the instructions to guess the password (you have to know me in person). This usb has been put in my house, in the drawer, with some clothes. So if anything happens suddenly to me, I hope that my family, one day, will remove my clothes off and the usb will appear.    If the follow the instructions the will keep all the money.

Any other ideas?

I think it will just remain in my wallet forever unless someone find my account details or be able to brute force hack my wallet.
Activity: 172
I see it as more than just my coins. There's a bunch of stuff that will get lost in case my memory shuts down. Having a simple password-secure USB key with all the data someone needs, seems good enough for me. I will disclose the location and the password only verbally to the one that should open it once I die (a close relative or a lawyer).
Pages:
Jump to: