Pages:
Author

Topic: If you die, what will happen with your coins? - page 5. (Read 4200 times)

Activity: 100
Merit: 10
Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain
I'll be leaving all my crypto behind to my son.  I make him sit down with me and watch what I'm doing so he has an understanding of it.  He knows where all the info is stored and where to find it, and how to use it.  That part is key.  lol
Activity: 228
I will leave it too my daughter . so it can be easy to them to have a money because i leave it to him and he learned and study bitcoin.
Activity: 132
Merit: 100
If they know little/nothing then instruct them to ask someone they know who can figure it out. Or redirect them to bitcointalk.org and tell them to not put out any lists of words or any files :-)

A good idea. It is possible at this forum to create a special reserve, where participants will keep their coins. If one of the participants does not show activity for 14 days, then he is recognized dead and the forum gets the right to use coins  Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 57
Merit: 1
If they know little/nothing then instruct them to ask someone they know who can figure it out. Or redirect them to bitcointalk.org and tell them to not put out any lists of words or any files :-)
Activity: 434
Thank you for your answers, there are some good ideas but the main idea is to give access to your private keys to a trusted person.

And here comes a another problem, what is this trusted person does not know anything about blockchains related things? You will need to teach them or give there very very clear instructions. And if this person is not very 'technical', such as my girlfriend or my mother, then what?
Activity: 84
My family is too old fashioned to know crypto. I will leave them to my boyfriend.
Activity: 476
Merit: 105
Of course my coins go to my children. I do not consider other options. Only this option.
Activity: 102
Im sure your loved ones already know you have some coins so they'll know what to do.
Activity: 70
Allways keep a record of all your coins/logins/wallets in a secret place and mention it in youre will....
Activity: 420
my boyfrined and older sister know also about my bitcoin so before i die i will give them my password and wallets but i dont want to die hahaha i wanna live longer and do my thing in btc world
Activity: 87
Before I die I will give all my coins to my brother or my family clearly, no one knows when the doom comes, but at least from before I will share with my family so he knows how many my coins and surely know all about my wallet and pasword
Activity: 168
Merit: 1
I will probably convert all my coins first and use it for additional financial or I might donate it for charity.
Activity: 658
Merit: 112
My girl friend and my brother knows about my 0.7 BTC Smiley Actually they are collecting BTC too, i taught them. They know how to access my accounts so i think they can use my coins. But i don't want to die yet Smiley
Activity: 616
Merit: 11
TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
for me before I die, I will just share my account info and password to my children well ofcource Cheesy
Activity: 67
such an thoughtful question.  well i would like to tell my brother about it. and after death,  possible to access my account
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
My hubby will get them..
Activity: 54
Great question! I bet many people do not think about this..
Activity: 184
Solution is : Give all the details to the most person you trust, like LE
Activity: 136
I have a note in my room , in case I die people will find it.
dns
Activity: 70
It is a very good question, what we don't like talk about it but we should.
Never know when we will die (but we will) therefeore we have to think about that.
My opinion: You put your all secret informations (BTC address & private key) into envelope and close into safe or put (as deposit) at your lawyer. After you die your family will get it. Better if you explain in the memos BTC how it works, how they can use.
Pages:
Jump to: