Pages:
Author

Topic: If your coin increased 40% - 200% in value over night. What would you do? - page 25. (Read 36210 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 2
I will sell 50% of my coins since it can either increase again or decrease. In any case i will know that i gained from my coins and did not loose to the extreme  Wink
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
if my coin goes up in price overnight, I'll sell it.
Activity: 78
 The is a very simple question, and what I will do is sell the coin as soon as I can. Very simple. One thing I have learned over the years is that "you should never be greedy when it comes to crypto.
Activity: 98
It depends on how much we are talking about in absolute values. If it's a lot of money, I'd sell 50% and the rest I'd hodl to see if it rises any more.
Yes, partial sale can be a good solution in this situation. If the project has very good development prospects, then I would sell only a small part, and leave the rest in order to sell it in the future. But I met people who would sell all the coins of this project and invest in another project, which in their opinion can soon grow.

That's the only good decision to make. People that sell everything often regret it.
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
It depends on how much we are talking about in absolute values. If it's a lot of money, I'd sell 50% and the rest I'd hodl to see if it rises any more.
Yes, partial sale can be a good solution in this situation. If the project has very good development prospects, then I would sell only a small part, and leave the rest in order to sell it in the future. But I met people who would sell all the coins of this project and invest in another project, which in their opinion can soon grow.
Activity: 546
Merit: 252
Activity: 294
I would sell such coins, because not always this can be. And then everything can go back down, and when there is still such growth, no one knows.
Activity: 518
Do you continue hodling or sell? A lot of people say to hold no matter what happens and I'm not advocating daytrading but I think in a situation like this, it'd be advantageous to sell.

Thoughts? What would you do?

I think that with a sharp increase the cost of coins which are in my portfolio I will sell part of them. This will allow me to keep the profit I have received and at the same time to leave part of the assets for future growth.
I will sell it immediately and buy Bitcoin  Grin. Because currently Bitcoin is very cheap and you can get cheap Bitcoin probably for the last time in your life!

I certainly hope not because I don't have much fiat right now and I would really love to buy some more BTC.
My precious.  Grin
Activity: 779
Merit: 250
Do you continue hodling or sell? A lot of people say to hold no matter what happens and I'm not advocating daytrading but I think in a situation like this, it'd be advantageous to sell.

I prefer selling my coins by that time because the market price will always change so if you prefer earning profit daily then the best thing to do is cash out immediately.
Activity: 224
I would sell and diversify again to another cheaper coins/tokens that way i would increase my potential of having a greater profit in the future.
Activity: 280
Merit: 102
Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty
Of course I'll sell. Many people will do so, and it would be smart of me to sell it on time as the price may tumble at any time.
Activity: 57
Going off of my own personal experience, I can honestly say that a 40% gain wouldn't cause me to bat an eye considering I was seeing 5-10x gains easy in the previous bull run on almost every coin...but then again, I let my greed get the better of me back then and totally missed out on making some crazy good money. With that in mind, I would certainly be more tempted to consider selling a portion of my holdings if I can 2x on some of them but I'd still likely hold on to the majority because I believe 5-10x gains are again going to be a possibility in the next bull run that is fast approaching.
I'll surely take profit out
Activity: 150
I would sell half of the coins and the other half left for further growth in price.
Activity: 101
Judge whether bitcoin needs to be sold based on its movements. If bitcoin were stable, I wouldn't be able to sell my coins. If bitcoin starts to fall. I would choose to sell most of my coins.
What kind of crypto currency are you talking about? If the given crypto currency in your opinion has great prospects in the future, then do not sell and wait for further price growth.
Activity: 392
Merit: 105
My decision would depend on the purposes I have for each altcoin. As a general rule, in most of the cryptos I use to speculate with them, a gain of 40% would be enough to sell at least half of them, but in the case of cryptos that I use as a long-term investment like ether or bitcoin, maybe I would only sell a small fraction to obtain liquidity, but no more than 2% of my holdings.
Activity: 280
If i keep this coin for a long term and believe in its future, then i definitely would do nothing)
Activity: 574
Merit: 11

I think you should analyze every situation: fundamental news, volume, technical analysis. So sometimes better to sell quick and sometimes better to hold and continue to analyze to understand when will be better time to sell for you.
Pages:
Jump to: