Pages:
Author

Topic: If your coin increased 40% - 200% in value over night. What would you do? - page 24. (Read 36210 times)

Activity: 1313
Merit: 278
If it happened in one night, it is obvious that the price of the coin was raised artificially, so I would sell most of the coins at once, but left a part.
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
Of course ,if you increase the percentage, I will immediately sell . But something like this has never seen .
Activity: 210
if the price in one night can penetrate 40% more it may be in need News very strong once.

for example there is airdrop or there is a bonus when buying and selling Altcoins, I think it will make it up to 40%. and when it is too I will sell, then I get a profit in one night.
Activity: 68
Do you continue hodling or sell? A lot of people say to hold no matter what happens and I'm not advocating daytrading but I think in a situation like this, it'd be advantageous to sell.

Thoughts? What would you do?
It is really a tough choise, if the coin spiked like that would it mean that it will continue to rise in price? we don't know... I would be inclined to sell immediately though.
Activity: 210
I would like to sell because the price will be dumped after that increased pump, but I will not sell all my coins at once.
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
This would be a huge opportunity that an investor would never want to miss. Surely, many people would choose selling and that is just a normal response. Aiming for higher would be greed and is just risky. Opportunities such as this one is something that would happen once in a blue moon. Selling in my opinion would be a better thing to do than to hold due to the risk oarticularly with the nature of volatility.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 564
At current situation i will sell it,because i already missed some good pumps with my altcoins and now they are at low price, im still in profit but it could be much higher. Right now holding do not work,so i preffer selling and keeping some eth for  flipp invesments
In that situation, i sell half of my coin immediately so i get huge profit, then the other half is i keep it for long time because i know i get much more profit from it when i hold it, also because my coin is have potential so its really worth it to hold and sell when market is increasing. Also when it happen to your coin to increase 40% this is the chance to sell your coin because not all the time its gonna happen like that, so dont waste the opportunity to sell or wait for the perfect time.
Activity: 462
Merit: 12
Indonesian Translator, #1 Quality is prioritized.
There is a saying that 'human never satisfied' and I guess it's completely true. Once, my altcoin went from 0.02 to 0.06 overnight, despite this awesome opportunity, I chose not to sell at all because I believed that it will be much higher than that later on (greedy). You guessed it right, the value dropped back to 0.02 (I guess it's PnD). If I could turn back time or if it's happening again, I would definitely sell some of it and take the profits.
Activity: 445
Merit: 100
I think it won't be surprising to know that many investors would secure the profit and sell immediately which I think is really practical given that the market is naturally volatile giving risks and tendencies for the market to again fall for an instance. There would also be people who will aim for higher despite of the risk but the problem is lack of assurance so it is not that advisable.
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
X-Block.io
At current situation i will sell it,because i already missed some good pumps with my altcoins and now they are at low price, im still in profit but it could be much higher. Right now holding do not work,so i preffer selling and keeping some eth for  flipp invesments
Activity: 98
if my coin incraese until reach to 200%
i will sell all balance my coin, 200% is very big profit

No doubt about that but why sell all if it can maybe rise to 400%? Isn't it better to leave some part of it and see where it goes?
Activity: 280
If s sudden increase happens that means that the coin has reached a maximum value of price increase and any more would be a risk because the value is not recognized overnight so i would sell my coin immediately after that
Activity: 1071
Merit: 500
If my coin increased 40% - 200% in value over night, my answer is clear on this point, i selling on the rise. Later i wait to price drops, it could take a few days or sometimes longer.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 518
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Gamem
if my coin incraese until reach to 200%
i will sell all balance my coin, 200% is very big profit
Activity: 1456
Merit: 253
Margin Trader
To this date I just lossed with day trading, like 80% of my capital, so since today I am going only invest and hold. Maybe later I will share a part of my friends to trading, but not now, because there is a chance to lose all funds. Investing is far better!
legendary
Activity: 1023
Merit: 1001
Tokenize Fantasy Sports
Sell it. I would sell and take the profit. There are always new project that we can invest in, but rarely see a jump like that. After the big fuss is over I can invest again in this coin.
Activity: 322
Merit: 11
I would not sell and would expect further growth of this coin. and sell it at the peak of price
Activity: 157
Then i would sell that coin, and i would buy back later as soon as that coin  goes lower after that pump. Just remember that after all the pumps, there is a dip later, this is nothing new and it has always been like this
Activity: 196
I think that before the final decision to sell me or wait I would analyze the market and feedback on the coin and what she promised, but it seems to me with a large percentage of the stake in the top I would sell without hesitation
Activity: 938
Merit: 502
Do you continue hodling or sell? A lot of people say to hold no matter what happens and I'm not advocating daytrading but I think in a situation like this, it'd be advantageous to sell.

Thoughts? What would you do?

I prefer selling my coins by that time because the market price will always change so if you prefer earning profit daily then the best thing to do is cash out immediately.

I doubt that cash out immediately is the best solution. I would sit down and check it all out again. Will try to figure out what is causing the raise, is it logic or not, should i expect another raise or not. Than I will make a decision to hold or sell.
Pages:
Jump to: