Pages:
Author

Topic: If your coin increased 40% - 200% in value over night. What would you do? - page 28. (Read 36210 times)

Activity: 113
Merit: 0
If a coin increases 40% - 200% overnight, that means I've got some big cash out to do as early as the morning comes. It's rare to get 150% and above increase overnight, so when it comes, the best thing is to take the advantage ASAP, and cash out. Then, wait for the next dip.
Activity: 505
Merit: 100
Do you continue hodling or sell? A lot of people say to hold no matter what happens and I'm not advocating daytrading but I think in a situation like this, it'd be advantageous to sell.

Thoughts? What would you do?

I wouldn't think twice, i will sell them straightaway. My main objective in holding my coins is to yield profit. If that purpose is to materialize overnight then i will never ever hesitate. What is the sense of waiting longer if my very goal can be achieved in a nick of time. That kind of scenario may never come again. So it would be much wiser to take advantage of it.
Activity: 152
if the coin value increases 40% -200% at night I would not waste this opportunity to sell my coins and I will get more profit.

Activity: 98
If altcoin grows by 200% I will sell it so as not to risk it as the price may drop sharply. It's really nice to watch when your tokens show such growth.

Yes it's nice but I got myself in the position several times when i sold my coin when it reached 200% and shortly after that it went to 450%-700%. It's best not to sell all. It's a gamble but it can be worth  it.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1005
Do you continue hodling or sell? A lot of people say to hold no matter what happens and I'm not advocating daytrading but I think in a situation like this, it'd be advantageous to sell.

Thoughts? What would you do?
that is not easy to say , i know that it is the hardest part to cash out what is already earned but i know that if my portfolio has a growth of 200% i still not sell my coins

if you are a daytrader it is absolute better to take your profit but i go for the long run
copper member
Activity: 224
Merit: 30
[REP] Augur
If my coins had grown twice in a night, I would not have done anything, because I'm expecting more growth.
Activity: 301
Merit: 10
If altcoin grows by 200% I will sell it so as not to risk it as the price may drop sharply. It's really nice to watch when your tokens show such growth.
Activity: 264
That would be great !!!! I would of course immediately sell a coin! But not only to fix profits, but also for what would again be re-purchased later.
Activity: 518
The increase in the value of a coin is what we usually expect. Therefore, depending on the coin and its price for the current moment, it will be sold at a certain price.
Activity: 252
Merit: 4
In that case I will sell half of coins and continue to hold if I believe in this coin otherwise if I only bought it for speculation I will sell for sure whole.
Well, of course I would have sold when such a large growth , usually fall in such a situation it is always better to sell , or at least part of

It all depends on how much you invested. 200% growth isn't much if your investment is small.
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
Well, of course I would have sold when such a large growth , usually fall in such a situation it is always better to sell , or at least part of
I would sell all the coins, because it is unknown what will happen tomorrow, perhaps after the growth will fall.

That's so wrong. You'll regret it sooner or later. Some coin will skyrocket after that and you'll be sad. Never sell everything.
Activity: 518
Merit: 102
Actually I do not know.
May be I would fix it, may be hold more, depends on the project and its potential.
Activity: 434
If it ever happened, I would sell the coin. It's a huge change in price. I would sell at least half of my assets in this coin. Because you never know how this market will turn out the next 15 minutes.
Activity: 350
It depends on the number of coins that I have and the news on the market. Perhaps I will sell some to earn, others to keep.
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
Yup my advise would be to just sell. Some people like selling quarter of the coins and wait for it to go up and sell another quarter till they sell off all the coins.
Activity: 1512
Merit: 115
if daytrading can be 200% profitable then I will do that and when I reach 200% without hesitation I will sell the coins I have because it's a huge income and I think there will be no job getting 200% overnight
Activity: 224
if my investment had increased overnight, I would have sold a part. with the expectation that the price will continue to rise.
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
cost will pump up to 200% medium-term yet let say for instance it happen I will offer without a doubt. At the point when value pumps quickly it will takes after with dump, offering your coin at top point is better since you as of now get the beyond any doubt benefit. On the off chance that you truly accepted on that particular coin in long run at that point purchase again when its value dump. For this situation you can duplicate your coin and hold up again on the following pump of your coin.
Pages:
Jump to: